Stupid, arrogant and dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
    Would help if we could pass a ball. 38% possession. Terrible for a home side.
    Actually Jimmy... Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      The Chery sub made perfect sense, and actually paid off because we went 2-0 up straight after it. At the time we were 1-0 up and on the back foot, so we needed a more DM to tighten things up and get some important tackles in - which is exactly what Doughty DID and Chery DID NOT.

For me the REAL CRIME was JET stupidly playing for time by running ball into the corner flag with about 8 minutes (including stoppages) STILL TO PLAY. I was screaming to him at the time not to do that - it's a very stupid, arrogant and dangerous game to play. After that, as sure as night follows day, I just knew Cardiff would go up the other end and equalise, and bang on cue that's exactly what happened.

JET cost us the 3 points in that moment, not Ramsey - and I do hope he got a damn good bo||ocking for it afterwards.
      Not sure I agree it was arrogant stanley. Interested why you think that.
      But to me Stupid & dangerous is fair enough.
      Stupid because to me it sent out the message of desperation, and dangerous because as we found
      out they got a goal.
      Don't blame JET for the dropped points though

Comment

38%? #### me that's terrible

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Not sure I agree it was arrogant stanley. Interested why you think that.
          Arrogant in the sense of over-complacent and over-c0cky, assuming that with 8 minutes still to go he could run down the clock.

Comment

Arrogant in the sense of over-complacent and over-c0cky, assuming that with 8 minutes still to go he could run down the clock.
            He couldn't run down the corner shop before it closes. Always looks out of puff and walks around a lot. He should train with Mackie.

Comment

Worse than that, we had a pass accuracy of 54%... 54 bl00dy percent. We barely got half of our passes through to the right player and even worse, we played just over half as many passes as cardiff did. People will say doughty's job was to keep the ball when he came on, he had a 44% pass accuracy. Our best passer was on balance was Henry who had only 71% accuracy and made 21 passes (Gladwin had 77% but only played 13 passes). I know some people will be bored of these stats but for the player on our team with the most successful passes to only make more passes than their two worst passers is a bit embarrassing.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Ah right yeah I see

Comment

Just to highlight the state of the passing from yesterday. The numbers next to the players is the amount of passes played by each player (not successful though necessarily).
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Really like the look of that Joe Ralls. Looks a player.

Comment

there was only one man responsible for that shambles yesterday and that was Ramsey. I would have played Polter up front with Charliie for starters. The irony of us moaning about how many midfielders we've bought and yet Cardiff controlled the game from kick-off. Two points lost? For Cardiff maybe, we were completely lost out there
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                      X