Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AberdeenR View Post
    Underwhelming signing
    Maybe, but at least he is a CB and has some 1st team experience at Championship level. He has time on his side to improve and should at least provide some reasonably decent CB option.

Also on the plus side is that he is younger than 25, should be faster than Hill, and is actually a signing from Tottenham rather than Blackpool (getting rejects from Huddersfield, Northampton and Blackpool would just be too much like scraping the barrel).

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      I like this type of signing because again his young and the words of bringing him here to develop have been used.
      The ethos at the club has already changed and we are now a club where youngsters with potential can come and develop around other youngsters and experienced players.

Give me this sort of signing over Richard Dunne every day of the week - No disrespect to Dunney
      Your description of QPR sound very much like that of Crewe.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Your description of QPR sound very much like that of Crewe.
        Cant say i know much about Crewe

Comment

Cant say i know much about Crewe
          they sign young free transfers, play football the right way, struggle in the league and sell the players on for biggish fees to keep afloat.

I just like to think that QPR could and should aim to be a lot better than that.

I am not having a dig at signing Hall, but agree that perhaps QPR should not jus stick to signing cheap or free players. They still have almost all of the parachute payments for this season (£24M), plus the money from Sterling's sale. They have spent the McCarthy and Caulker fees on Luongo, Gladwin, Polter, Cherry, Perch and now Hall.

Taking into account all the high earners from last season that have gone (at least 12 players along with Redkrapp and his entourage) the club should have some more funds to spend without having to sell anyone else. And as I have stated before, if Hoilett and Traore are not wanted but on big wages, they could offer them free transfers if there are any takers (there will be offers for them once their contracts have expired, hopefully at the end of this season, so just give them away now to fund new signings.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            they sign young free transfers, play football the right way, struggle in the league and sell the players on for biggish fees to keep afloat.

I just like to think that QPR could and should aim to be a lot better than that.

I am not having a dig at signing Hall, but agree that perhaps QPR should not jus stick to signing cheap or free players. They still have almost all of the parachute payments for this season (£24M), plus the money from Sterling's sale. They have spent the McCarthy and Caulker fees on Luongo, Gladwin, Polter, Cherry, Perch and now Hall.

Taking into account all the high earners from last season that have gone (at least 12 players along with Redkrapp and his entourage) the club should have some more funds to spend without having to sell anyone else. And as I have stated before, if Hoilett and Traore are not wanted but on big wages, they could offer them free transfers if there are any takers (there will be offers for them once their contracts have expired, hopefully at the end of this season, so just give them away now to fund new signings.
            We're not sticking to signing cheap or free players? We paid a few quid for Polter, Chery, Perch, Luongo, Gladwin... We have a new philosophy of younger players and we're trying to get back in the black from all the years of spending!!

Comment

We're not sticking to signing cheap or free players? We paid a few quid for Polter, Chery, Perch, Luongo, Gladwin... We have a new philosophy of younger players and we're trying to get back in the black from all the years of spending!!
              Down to the bare bones now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

Comment

HAS to be better than Caulker...the Southampton bench warmer

Comment

Caulker played last night, alongside Fonte

Comment

Caulker played last night, alongside Fonte
                      Yep, in a dead rubber. He wont last long in the PL - Saints fans arent impressed already

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Give it a rest William
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          You're right, lets sign Chris Samba again.
                          See??? That's what I'm getting at on here.....Did I post let's sign Samba????.......Well?...Did I????....
                          I know, let's pretend you posted...er....you like to get amorous with shetland ponies.....and my reply?...you dirty little pony worrier
                          handle head.......

Post severely edited....apologies

Post even more severely edited
                          Last edited by QPRDave; 07-08-2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Why do you even support the club if you criticise how it is being run now and how it was being run in the past? When did you actually support the club ffs
                            Oh i'm sorry bamber.....No absolutely, let's carry on the way we used to ...whooppee ...the sky is blue!!!

Were you a QPR fan under Thompson's reign?... You know the one,... where he forced Gerry Francis out,.... sold our best players and then we got relegated
                            and never got back for 15 yrs?.....I'm answering the "let's do it the old QPR way" bull, with some truths behind it.
                            If that's alright with you?
                            Last edited by QPRDave; 07-08-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Les and Ramsey know more about this guy than any of us do, lets give him a chance eh?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                Oh i'm sorry bamber.....No absolutely, let's carry on the way we used to ...whooppee ...the sky is blue!!!

Were you a QPR fan under Thompson's reign?... You know the one,... where he forced Gerry Francis out,.... sold our best players and then we got relegated
                                and never got back for 15 yrs?.....I'm answering the "let's do it the old QPR way" bull, with some truths behind it.
                                If that's alright with you?
                                If you are talking about 1994, fair warning... I wasn't even born then (was born a year later). So no, I wasn't a fan but I did a lot of catching up, watching whatever footage I could and I am well aware of the fact that we not only sold our best players (which wouldn't have been an issue under normal standards - See Southampton last year) but hugely undersold them. What about now makes you think we would do the same? The fact that we have rejected bids that were less than 10% below our valuation of a player? Yea, we are exactly the same.

There was a lot to take from being a breeding ground for english talent. Again, I will point you in the direction of Southampton as an example of how a selling club structures themselves correctly and what we should aspire to follow the path of (Ignoring the relegation to league 1). So yea, lets do it the old QPR way, but lets adjust that ever so slightly to perfect it. Get over yourself mate, all I see from you is negativity towards the club. I'd even believe that Hits legitimately supports the club but all I see from you is garbage.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X