Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Consolidation = Mediocrity for the foreseeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Mediocrity forever?....That's my point, about a closed shop Prem...Yeah no ones wants to see their team get hammered
    but I would say a team with no ambition is worse, after the ride we've had since Warnock....As I ask...Is that it?
    No not forever, just for a few seasons. Would rather build properly and then go up, rather than a few quick fixes and straight back up like last time.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I don't believe in all this consolidation nonsense. Ultimately, the team will want to win every game and if there's this belief that we're not chasing promotion, there'll be a lot of be half-hearted performances this season.

There's no way that Les and Chris will be looking at a mid-table finish. They'll want top six, as the board will, and why not? Who is there to fear in this division? Most teams will be worried about us.

The team has to believe it can win this division.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        I would take promotion over mediocrity every day of the week.
        And i would take promotion in a few seasons time rather than straight back up at the first time of asking.
        Not that I won't be celebrating if that does happen. If it does, the harsh reality will soon set in that we will more than likely be relegated again the next season.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          I don't believe in all this consolidation nonsense. Ultimately, the team will want to win every game and if there's this belief that we're not chasing promotion, there'll be a lot of be half-hearted performances this season.

There's no way that Les and Chris will be looking at a mid-table finish. They'll want top six, as the board will, and why not? Who is there to fear in this division? Most teams will be worried about us.

The team has to believe it can win this division.
          Of course you will, every team in every league will believe they can win every game, you never take to the field as a professional thinking |we've lost this one| and again Fear is a fans word, you respect every team and you fear none , but teams to watch i would say Boro, Hull, Derby, Wolves, Ipswich,Fulham reckon on Brentford having a decent season again , dark horse Bristol City for me, i did think Burnley but they have lost there big three players

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
            To be fair we are no-where near a prem league side, set up (team) or infrastructure , if you gamble as you say all your doing is throwing money at it as we did the last time, we can't secure a premier league place with our ground fan base we don't get the income to do so without racking up massive debt. The prem league is an elite league already, i can see the Championship being very similar soon probably a prem league two with all the money filtering down the championship is getting stronger now every season. If like Qpr you change philosophy there has to be a period of consolidation ( because we simply will not throw money at a lost cause now) , dont see the harm of reminding fans that really don't, listen we could get lucky and have a great season and go up, but the likelihood is we need a couple of seasons to catch breath and try again.
            That's what I'm saying/asking wina. Is that it with Tone?. I can't see infrastructure changing while we're outside the top flight.
            The other question is....In a couple of seasons will we be in a better position?....My thinking is no.
            Don't get me wrong throwing money hasn't worked I agree, but pawning your family jewels is not gonna help either

Comment

Look at how "little" Burnley managed to find their way out of this division two seasons ago, where there is a will, there is a way. Even though we have to accept "mediocracy" this and maybe next season, I´m sure we´ll be back in the promised land some day.

Togethernes is what I will like us to have in the team this season.
              Last edited by Shania; 24-07-2015, 08:14 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

That's what I'm saying/asking wina. Is that it with Tone?. I can't see infrastructure changing while we're outside the top flight.
                The other question is....In a couple of seasons will we be in a better position?....My thinking is no.
                Don't get me wrong throwing money hasn't worked I agree, but pawning your family jewels is not gonna help either
                I think the big test mate is to see if this new training ground comes off , that's a step built, also these younger players we are bringing in is to develop for the future , so again its another step. You never stay still in football its either up or the other way, you have to keep moving forward and i think this refreshing way we are trying is the right way for a club our size.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  No not forever, just for a few seasons. Would rather build properly and then go up, rather than a few quick fixes and straight back up like last time.
                  Yeah I can see that, but will be weaker still?

Comment

Keep hearing Ramsey tell us we're not thinking about promotion and consolidation is his main aim.
                    Also hear some fans and journos voice the same.
                    With this huge TV deal kicking in at the season's end, can we afford to miss the gravy train again?
                    I cannot see training facilities and a new stadium being built for a going nowhere championship club.
                    Derby and Boro have recognised the importance of this season and are going for it, while we are buying
                    for the future sell on price tag.
                    This deal imo will finally bring about the "closed shop" Premier league, and the rest of us will be paddling
                    our canoe against a rip current with a tea spoon....Was that as it?...As good as it got for us?
                    i guess that was as good as it is going to get for the foreseeable future.
                    They could be missing out on a great chance to go straight back up.
                    Austin is supposed to have stated he is content to play in the Championship this season as did Phillips, so there is no need to sell either of them - time to declare them not for sale. They are not on big salaries.
                    If funds are needed sell Fer as Cherry can maybe fill that role.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Austin is supposed to have stated he is content to play in the Championship this season as did Phillips, so there is no need to sell either of them - time to declare them not for sale. They are not on big salaries.
                      Austin has stated on more than one occasion he wants to carry on playing in the premier league and carry on being picked for England as the euro's are coming up , Phillips has said the he is content at qpr until told otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        There is an added importance imo this year stan. I'm in agreement with you and Timmy the doc. I feel we are at this moment
                        player wise and stature wise at our strongest. Warnock opened my eyes that being winners/successful is so much more fun than dreary also rans and rudderless
                        that we had been before....

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

whatever team we turn out next season is going to need time to gel, whether we splash the cash or not. this is going to be a season of transition.

everyone forgets how difficult it is to go straight back up - very few teams manage to do it.

the championship is a very tight unpredictable league... how the bookies see it a day or 2 before the season starts and how it ends up is always way different.
                          There doesn't have to be a lot of gelling though. Keep Austin and Phillips. Thats the attack pretty much settled. Keep Caulker and Onuoha along with Yun and Green. That' a settled defence.
                          Midfield is the only area that would need gelling. They could sell Sandro and Fer to raise some funds.
                          If they do sell those but sign Guerdelo QPR could have a midfield consisting of him Henry Faurlin Luongo Diakite and Cherry in the squad along with Doughty and Gladwin.
                          QPR could be brave and give it a real go rather than go down the route of selling all the silver and statting all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            Well, according to some on here we are a shoe in the playoffs and one or two are saying we will go up automatic.

so it seems ramsey is talking out of his ar se.
                            As are those who believe this squad minus Austin Phillips and Fer are almost certs for the play offs or even promotion.

They seem to think that the likes of Mackie JET et al are promotion winning players in the making.
                            I await a response that Mackie is a promotion winner, but imo he owes that medal to the likes of Kenny Derry Hill Faurlin Smith and a great big thanks to Taarabt and the man who replaced him, Routledge. Without the latter 2 QPR would have struggled for the play offs.

Comment

Austin has stated on more than one occasion he wants to carry on playing in the premier league and carry on being picked for England as the euro's are coming up , Phillips has said the he is content at qpr until told otherwise.
                              austin would of course like to play in the premiership but like Phillips has also said he will stay until told otherwise. QPR do not need to sell either of yhem but many on here and some in the club fear he could leave for a few million in January or free in the summer. I and othrrs think itis a gamble worth taking because the prize at stake is huge.

Comment

And Ramsey has said we need to recoup some money. Austin will definitely be gone, and one of Phillips or Fer, one will stay I reckon.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2