Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Consolidation = Mediocrity for the foreseeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Consolidation = Mediocrity for the foreseeable?

Keep hearing Ramsey tell us we're not thinking about promotion and consolidation is his main aim.
    Also hear some fans and journos voice the same.
    With this huge TV deal kicking in at the season's end, can we afford to miss the gravy train again?
    I cannot see training facilities and a new stadium being built for a going nowhere championship club.
    Derby and Boro have recognised the importance of this season and are going for it, while we are buying
    for the future sell on price tag.
    This deal imo will finally bring about the "closed shop" Premier league, and the rest of us will be paddling
    our canoe against a rip current with a tea spoon....Was that as it?...As good as it got for us?

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Keep hearing Ramsey tell us we're not thinking about promotion and consolidation is his main aim.
    With this huge TV deal kicking in at the season's end, can we afford to miss the gravy train again?
    I cannot see training facilities and a new stadium being built for a going nowhere championship club.
    Derby and Boro have recognised the importance of this season and are going for it, while we are buying
    This deal imo will finally bring about the "closed shop" Premier league, and the rest of us will be paddling
    our canoe against a rip current with a tea spoon....Was that as it?...As good as it got for us?
    I see Derby have signed Burnleys captain Shackell, thought he was one of their best players. They are deffo going for it. With the signings that we have made to me it looks like a mid table finish is the target tbh. We won't be spending much more money regardless who goes.

Comment

Thing is Dave, we can't guarantee promotion, no matter how much we spend. So I think the answer to your question is probably yes, consolidation may well mean mediocrity for the foreseeable future. I think it's something we're going to have to get used to, as the rebuild takes place. But I would hope we're only talking a couple of seasons.

Comment

I'll take mediocrity for a few seasons over going up and getting hammered all season again, every day of the week.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Thing is Dave, we can't guarantee promotion, no matter how much we spend. So I think the answer to your question is probably yes, consolidation may well mean mediocrity for the foreseeable future. I think it's something we're going to have to get used to, as the rebuild takes place. But I would hope we're only talking a couple of seasons.

whatever team we turn out next season is going to need time to gel, whether we splash the cash or not. this is going to be a season of transition.

everyone forgets how difficult it is to go straight back up - very few teams manage to do it.

the championship is a very tight unpredictable league... how the bookies see it a day or 2 before the season starts and how it ends up is always way different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            I'll take mediocrity for a few seasons over going up and getting hammered all season again, every day of the week.
            Mediocrity forever?....That's my point, about a closed shop Prem...Yeah no ones wants to see their team get hammered
            but I would say a team with no ambition is worse, after the ride we've had since Warnock....As I ask...Is that it?

Comment

Me too.

In addition, Derby and Boro may be going all out for promotion but it doesn't guarantee they will get it.

Comment

Well, according to some on here we are a shoe in the playoffs and one or two are saying we will go up automatic.

so it seems ramsey is talking out of his ar se.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

When did derby become promotion fav. I don't care if their manager coached at real Madrid, as long as Darren Bent stays fit they will struggle to make the playoffs! Boro will do well though
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    Well, according to some on here we are a shoe in the playoffs and one or two are saying we will go up automatic.

By the time we finish selling hits, I wonder what Chery will be thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      When did derby become promotion fav. I don't care if their manager coached at real Madrid, as long as Darren Bent stays fit they will struggle to make the playoffs! Boro will do well though
                      Since they added Shakell, Ince,Pearce,Weimann, to a decent set of players

Comment

Take it? I'm HOPING for it i really want a stable season getting back to a level we should be at. Steady the ship.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Comment

I would take promotion over mediocrity every day of the week.

Comment

To be fair we are no-where near a prem league side, set up (team) or infrastructure , if you gamble as you say all your doing is throwing money at it as we did the last time, we can't secure a premier league place with our ground fan base we don't get the income to do so without racking up massive debt. The prem league is an elite league already, i can see the Championship being very similar soon probably a prem league two with all the money filtering down the championship is getting stronger now every season. If like Qpr you change philosophy there has to be a period of consolidation ( because we simply will not throw money at a lost cause now) , dont see the harm of reminding fans that really don't, listen we could get lucky and have a great season and go up, but the likelihood is we need a couple of seasons to catch breath and try again.

Comment

Working...
                              X