Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If McCarthy does leave who do we replace him with??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WallingfordR View Post
    Supposedly Jonathan Maxted. Doncaster
    Not important but he's not a Doncaster player anymore....article says he was at Hartlepool last season and played for Forest Green in midweek.....is he actually out of contract at mo I wonder?

Comment

Always emergency loans for keepers in the championship. Don't worry abut it. Green and Lumley capable with a loan if necessary should something happen to Green that keeps him out for a while. Think we would have wanted to keep McCarthy but he's got a release clause I think?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        That Southend keeper, although reckon better teams than us will be sniffing about him too.
        Agreed ! Bentley from Southend , former Spurs to which should be right up our street lol boy is gonna be s star!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
          http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.c...e.asp?a=405950

Never heard of him and maybe this means McCarthy is off? Failed to make appearance for Hartlepool? Well,maybe he has something in him,if we are signing him
          Hhmmmm not good enough for Hartlepool but good enough for us..........

#rightsort
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Big mistake if this is true, the goalkeeper situation has baffled me since we decided to keep Green over McCarthy, when we're trying reduce the wages as well?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              Big mistake if this is true, the goalkeeper situation has baffled me since we decided to keep Green over McCarthy, when we're trying reduce the wages as well?
              I find it strange as well, ok Green may have another 2-3 years still but McCarthy is a great keeper and could be here for years.
              Sooner or later we are gonna have to replace Green if McCarthy leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                Tbh I think it just boils down to qualify. If our coaches and manager don't have faith McCarthy can do the job, then why would they risk it? I can understand why too tbh given his last few performances for us.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Green is the better goalie so no problem with McCarthy going. Havent been massively impressed with him so dont feel he deserves to take over from Green. I get he is younger but that is his only advantage

Comment

All this McCarthy is the next Dave Seaman and will be for years to come is no more than guesswork & imo the obsession
                    on this board that anyone over 25 is either not good enough or has to be a mercenary is because of the signings of
                    Bosingwa,Park ji sung etc
                    In reality McCarthy was 2nd choice at Reading and was prepared to sign for Liverpool as the 2nd keeper, and seems prepared
                    to do the same at Palace. Not saying he's rubbish, obviously, but lets not get carried away here
                    Last edited by QPRDave; 19-07-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      All this McCarthy is the next Dave Seaman and will be for years to come is no more than guesswork & imo the obsession
                      on this board that anyone over 25 is either not good enough or has to be a mercenary is because of the signings of
                      Bosingwa,Park ji sung etc
                      In reality McCarthy was 2nd choice at Reading and was prepared to sign for Liverpool as the 2nd keeper, and seems prepared
                      to do the same at Palace. Not saying he's rubbish, obviously, but lets not get carried away here
                      Very well put Dave.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Green shouldn't lose his place, but what if Green picked up an injury ?
                        Do we have good cover ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                          Not important but he's not a Doncaster player anymore....article says he was at Hartlepool last season and played for Forest Green in midweek.....is he actually out of contract at mo I wonder?
                          Signed for Forest Green

http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.c...e.asp?a=406634

Comment

Working...
                          X