What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the point?

If we are to sell CA, Phillips, Fer.....what's the point of taking them to the pre-season tour in Italy. It would make more sense if the likes of Harriman, Petrasso, Manning and Sutherland were taken instead. Pre-season is for the group of players to get to know each other, integrate, get fit and bond as a team. Then, before the season get under-way, we sell three or four of them. Am I missing something?

Because we don't want to sell them and are trying to keep them?

Comment

We are paying them all serious money, and they are currently still contracted to us, so they come with us. Would you rather we let them sit at home & orchestrate their move whilst we pay their wages? Not for me.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

The point is they aren't 100% set to leave...

We have put high valuations on their heads which to me shows we want to keep them or at least realise the fact if we do sell them we need as much as possible to reinvest.

Comment

And also, what does it show them if we leave them at home? They might be more inclined to want to stay if we treat them as part of the team....

Comment

I agree with most of your arguments, however, I still think that the club should make it clear who is to leave and who will stay. Again I ask: what's the point on building a pre-season and then you're left without three or four key players before the season get started!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              We are paying them all serious money, and they are currently still contracted to us, so they come with us. Would you rather we let them sit at home & orchestrate their move whilst we pay their wages? Not for me.

Comment

What if they indicate to a player they want him to go and so leave him at home but nobody comes in for him or at least meets our valuation? Then we are stuck with a high quality player who has no match fitness and hasnt done any of the tactics/team shape stuff in training. Every player has to be treated as if they are staying until they have agreed to go. Also once teams find out we have left someone high profile at home because we want rid they will offer less than his valuation as they know we are desperate to sell

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                  If we are to sell CA, Phillips, Fer.....what's the point of taking them to the pre-season tour in Italy. It would make more sense if the likes of Harriman, Petrasso, Manning and Sutherland were taken instead. Pre-season is for the group of players to get to know each other, integrate, get fit and bond as a team. Then, before the season get under-way, we sell three or four of them. Am I missing something?
                  Agree ....This tour should be the deadline. I assume we will work on shape and tactics. Don't get me wrong I wanna keep all of them

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    What if they indicate to a player they want him to go and so leave him at home but nobody comes in for him or at least meets our valuation? Then we are stuck with a high quality player who has no match fitness and hasnt done any of the tactics/team shape stuff in training. Every player has to be treated as if they are staying until they have agreed to go. Also once teams find out we have left someone high profile at home because we want rid they will offer less than his valuation as they know we are desperate to sell

Can understand the frustration though.

All this sort of stuff is quite easily overcome if the powers that be used a bit of common sense. Simply make sure that transfers need to happen by the end of June. The little darlings can all go off on their holidays after dealing with the important stuff first, rather than causing disruption for everyone else once they return.

*For those that like to make wrong assumptions, I am of course referring to footballers in general rather than any specific ones.

Comment

I don't think we particularly want to sell any so why not bring them on tour or risk alienating them without them even wanting to leave massively.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Agree ....This tour should be the deadline. I assume we will work on shape and tactics. Don't get me wrong I wanna keep all of them

Spot on.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

It doesn't work like that unfortunately. Imagine we left the three of them at home. Over night their transfer value would decrease as the buyer would no that the seller has admitted defeat.

In sure the club has had a chat with the players and stated the fee that they would need to receive for us to sell.

Sit back and enjoy the ride because if we keep them we will be right up there!!

Comment

Also, they are still our assests, our best assets. You keep your best assets in the best possible condition so that hey maintain their value. Cant just leave them at home, not like they have done a Raheem Sterling is it!?

Comment

Working...
                            X