FFP Case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Im going with nothing will happen at all.
    Yep.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

FFP is being challenged in the European Court at this moment I believe. Several clubs in Europe have challenged the validity of such regulations and IIRC the consensus is that they will win the case and have any fine overturned. If that's the case, I cant see that the FA will be able to impose any fines as they risk going against EU court ruling.
      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
        FFP is being challenged in the European Court at this moment I believe. Several clubs in Europe have challenged the validity of such regulations and IIRC the consensus is that they will win the case and have any fine overturned. If that's the case, I cant see that the FA will be able to impose any fines as they risk going against EU court ruling.
        Without claiming to have a vast knowledge on the whole FFP lark, it appears to me to do the exact opposite to what it is intended? My perception of it's intention is that it is setting out to make things fairer, but it just seems to create a bigger divide than ever between the big clubs and the little clubs.

If I understand correctly, it limits clubs to spending a certain proportion of their revenue? Well that just means the likes of Man Utd, Ar$enal etc that already have the big stadiums and large revenue streams can spend large sums, whilst clubs like us with a far lesser income have their hands tied and cannot spend nearly enough to even think about competing.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I think that's pretty much the claim Matty, the clubs are claiming that it imposes unfair 'trading' restrictions on them which contradicts some EU law. Like you, I dont claim to know anything about it all, I just caught half of a story on the radio the other day.
          2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Token fine at best so everyone saves a bit of face.

As has been mentioned numerous times - FFP flies in the face of fair trade under EU laws.... and they've had to rectify it since, as it was flawed and unfair.

So put it this way at worst: If someone was retrospectively found guilty of mass-murder in the UK committed in 1955 - would we hang them? Lol

Comment

In typical football fashion, I expect an "Undisclosed Fine".

I think the problem with the FL version is in the name. It wasn't intended to be fair so much as to protect football clubs from suffering the same sort of demise as Portsmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Without claiming to have a vast knowledge on the whole FFP lark, it appears to me to do the exact opposite to what it is intended? My perception of it's intention is that it is setting out to make things fairer, but it just seems to create a bigger divide than ever between the big clubs and the little clubs.

If I understand correctly, it limits clubs to spending a certain proportion of their revenue? Well that just means the likes of Man Utd, Ar$enal etc that already have the big stadiums and large revenue streams can spend large sums, whilst clubs like us with a far lesser income have their hands tied and cannot spend nearly enough to even think about competing.
                This is the case Matty but then you have to look at who has the most influence in the decision making and rule/law creation and you will find its the big boys. They are obviously going to raise/back ideas that reinforces their dominance

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

...ah, the name is misleading. the rules are based around ensuring that clubs spend within their means - so in a nutshell, a club with a small ground (and therefore small-ish gate revenue) is going to be at a disadvantage to a club with a bigger ground (assuming both clubs can fill their grounds and that other incomes are equal).

clearly if a team is already hugely financially successful through marketing, champions league money, big premier league prize money etc, there's a big advantage to them - they will have the resources to attract the best players, through being able to outbid smaller clubs and pay better wages (along with offering the prospect of playing at the highest level). the rules will only increase the divide in english football and make it increasingly difficult for any team to break into the top 6... given how big the financial divides are already, it seems likely that the rules will make the premier league resemble the scottish leagues ever more closely as the years progress.

Comment

spot on Matty, the only thing is I reckon they don't want another Pompey owing people money. We are far away from that scenario
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

It is another totally ridiculous scenario that everyone could see when it was announced. Totally unfair against small clubs and basically means if upheld that no club outside the top 4 will ever seriously challenge for the title again. Another balls up by the authorities and if not careful Premier League will become another Scottish Premiership bore zone or is that exactly what they are trying to achieve to make a Euro league more appealing to the bigger clubs !

Comment

2 mill fine tops

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          It is another totally ridiculous scenario that everyone could see when it was announced. Totally unfair against small clubs and basically means if upheld that no club outside the top 4 will ever seriously challenge for the title again. Another balls up by the authorities and if not careful Premier League will become another Scottish Premiership bore zone or is that exactly what they are trying to achieve to make a Euro league more appealing to the bigger clubs !
                          Surely you mean "has become..."?
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                            Surely you mean "has become..."?
                            only those who think that are the 1s that arnt good enough to be in it imo, just sounds more jealousy than anything.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

The whole thing is a farce. How does it make sense to fine a club that has already overspent anyway?

If the Football League is prepared to back down from a £50m plus fine to some token sum, that is basically an admission that the whole thing is unworkable and the club shouldn't pay anything at all IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X