No announcement yet.

The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I reckon he turned down a huge pay rise contract last season.

Comment

• QPR's Charlie Austin set to demand 100 per cent pay rise......

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...emand-9981457?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        QPR's Charlie Austin set to demand 100 per cent pay rise......

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...emand-9981457?
        Give him what he wants......no brainer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          I reckon he turned down a huge pay rise contract last season.
          Yeah mate I'm sure we would have offered him at least double his money last season. Also if he leaves on a free in the summer he will get more than 40k a week IMO. I'm not an advocate of the loyalty stance but if he signs a new deal with us then loyalty is the only reason I can think of for him signing it

Comment

• Give him what he wants..give him a massive goal bonus too!

Comment

• Have to give him 40k a week with a buyout clause in his contract IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                Yeah mate I'm sure we would have offered him at least double his money last season. Also if he leaves on a free in the summer he will get more than 40k a week IMO. I'm not an advocate of the loyalty stance but if he signs a new deal with us then loyalty is the only reason I can think of for him signing it
                Thats why i think that story is click bait. There is no way he would of not been offered fortunes last season and to become our biggest earner as our biggest asset, so why would he say 'just double my money and ill sign now'?

Comment

• So, an extra 20.000 a week, big signing bonus as well as goal bonus would be what? £1,5-2 mio extra this season at most? So even if there is a £5 mio non-promotion release clause included in the contract, we would be £3 mio up not getting promoted compared to him seeing his contract out. And a £5 mio release clause is practically the same as a free transfer for 4/5 Prem clubs.

If we do get promoted, he's with us and worth £20-25 mio? And he has the safety of being under contract, should he injure one of his many non-ligamented joints.

If my logic and calculator works, this could be a no-brainer for both the club and Charlie. One thing preventing it could be the £5 mio fee reducing the sign-on bonus for him and his agent, should we not get promoted.
                  QPR since 1993
                  WATRB since 2015
                  First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

• Thought I had previously read he was on 28k per week (did that number include bonuses?) so it isn't that unrealistic. From his point of view he might be quite annoyed that other teams didn't value and tried to denigrate him, he might well feel *loved* at QPR and think that staying here (if he can get in the England team) isn't a bad option

Comment

• Give him 60k, he fully deserve it

Comment

• Make him the highest paid player and then get him to sign a long contract

Comment

• Looks like it was newcastle and not palace who came in last knockings for chaz and got the blank from him. Says in the papers today the geordies offered us ten million and their young starlet Rolando Aarons which the club were keen on doing, but charlie decided to stay. Still saying that newcastle they will persuade our man main to join them in january though.

Comment

• we paid swp 60k for 4 years I would think that some of the left over shite is prob on this so pay CA this if he will sign! the only thi g he may sign for is if we go up !!

Comment

• I should believe Tottenham will make a bid for him in January.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• Agree Spurs should have gone for him, but my gut tells me that if they were going to they would've already.

Comment

Working...
                                X