The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    if you believe some of the newspapers, Palace, West Ham, Newcastle and Southampton are no longer interested
    Looks like he's staying then

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
      if you believe some of the newspapers, Palace, West Ham, Newcastle and Southampton are no longer interested
      in all honesty, maybe they aren't (not at £15m at least)... it's a weird one, really.

from a buyer's perspective, is austin really a £15m footballer? probably not, but from a seller's perspective, is he worth less than various other footballers who are being sold for similar sums? er, probably not.

this all hinges on how desperate the club actually are to sell austin... it feels like someone is trying to spark a bidding war, the worry is that it's actually us and the clubs who should be biting our hands off are playing it cool. i just hope that we stick to £15m and don't start talking £8-10m towards the end of august.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
        in all honesty, maybe they aren't (not at £15m at least)... it's a weird one, really.

from a buyer's perspective, is austin really a £15m footballer? probably not, but from a seller's perspective, is he worth less than various other footballers who are being sold for similar sums? er, probably not.

this all hinges on how desperate the club actually are to sell austin... it feels like someone is trying to spark a bidding war, the worry is that it's actually us and the clubs who should be biting our hands off are playing it cool. i just hope that we stick to £15m and don't start talking £8-10m towards the end of august.
        We're not.

Comment

Exactly Jim. The club are far from 'desperate' to sell. We are in a strong position.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Exactly Jim. The club are far from 'desperate' to sell. We are in a strong position.
            Exactly Stan. Pretty clear to me, pay up what we want or he goes nowhere.

Charlie has already said publicly he won't make a fuss & is going nowhere until told otherwise so nothing to worry about on our part.

Comment

https://www.clubcall.com/queens-park...-1772961.html?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

Charlie has already said publicly he won't make a fuss & is going nowhere until told otherwise so nothing to worry about on our part.
                ...but someone is still trying to start a bidding war. it's unlikely to be potential buyers (who presumably just want to get the player bought), austin's agent working without his permission? possible, i guess... the club?

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                  ...but someone is still trying to start a bidding war. it's unlikely to be potential buyers (who presumably just want to get the player bought), austin's agent working without his permission? possible, i guess... the club?
                  100% agents. That's their job in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

Could'nt agree more jim, cannot be compared to Remy who wanted to go. Club have said they want him to stay. Cannot understand though why we cannot get him to sign a new contract with buy out clause that suites both parties! Just hope we don't cave in at the last minute. If I was DOF i'd say if your not sorted by first week of july your going nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      This and tell anyone wanting him that we want the money upfront, not in installments.

Comment

I'd tell him to stay, see how we get on and if he wants to go in January then the club will let him, if not, sign a new contract on the dotted line son.

He got in the England squad and didn't get a minute in one of the worst friendlies for years. Unfortunately, playing for Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham or any other club outside the top 6 isn't going to get him ahead of Sturridge, Rooney, Welbeck, Kane or probably even Walcott and I bet he knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          I'd tell him to stay, see how we get on and if he wants to go in January then the club will let him, if not, sign a new contract on the dotted line son.

He got in the England squad and didn't get a minute in one of the worst friendlies for years. Unfortunately, playing for Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham or any other club outside the top 6 isn't going to get him ahead of Sturridge, Rooney, Welbeck, Kane or probably even Walcott and I bet he knows that.

Exactly - Sadly i think he was a squad filler..probably 7th choice striker in Roys eyes. because berahino is also ahead of him in the pecking order. And i suppose Vardy as well..really really strange that he did play in either game.

Stick with us Charlie! join the legends!!!

Comment

Been reading some bull on toon site, claiming we will have to drop our price, because clubs are refusing to meet it.
                            They claim Chaz would agitate for a move so get a chance for the euros. Tbh I don't Charlie is not that type of man,
                            and Hodgson will not play him anyway, while he has Rooney,Sturrige,Wellbeck,Kane,Berahino, and uncle tom cobbly an all
                            Last edited by QPRDave; 22-06-2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Once Ings gets going at Liverpool that will be another one Austin will undoubtedly be behind.

If the move to the PL is key to playing for England then he needs a top 6 side as Roy doesn't really look outside them for his main players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                Once Ings gets going at Liverpool that will be another one Austin will undoubtedly be behind.

If the move to the PL is key to playing for England then he needs a top 6 side as Roy doesn't really look outside them for his main players.
                                And kane

Comment

Working...
                                X