Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Euros next summer he needs to play.
    It's hard to impress if you are sitting on the bench. He didn't even played these two games and have played regulary for us. There are Rooney, Kane, fit Sturridge, Kane and maybe Ings and even some next "new Austin" in front of him next season,if he don't get any games. But it's his choice where he want to go, but he really should think it very careful

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      As crazy as it sounds it's a backwards step for Charlie. Why he doesn't go to West Ham, Southampton or Newcastle and earn decent dolla while being a fist choice striker is beyond me.
      Euros next summer he needs to play.
      Sorry but in no circumstance is signing to Chelsea from QPR a backward step apart from less game time. It's about trophies, playing at the highest level and working day in/day out with the best players and coaches possible. Money is of course a factor but he would get good money wherever he goes. May not play every week at Chelsea granted, but do you think Loic Remy wishes he stayed at QPR even though he didnt play much at Chelsea but won a Premier League title?
      Last edited by SammyKojoe; 19-06-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
        Sorry but in no circumstance is signing to Chelsea from QPR a backward step apart from less game time. It's about trophies, playing at the highest level and working day in/day out with the best players and coaches possible. Money is of course a factor but he would get good money wherever he goes. May not play every week at Chelsea granted, but do you think Loic Remy wishes he stayed at QPR even though he didnt play much at Chelsea but won a Premier League title?
        Agree with you, it's not a backward step. But at the same time, he won't get much game time at Chelsea. We've seen it before with players like SWP and Scott Parker, who were so much better before they wasted their time at Chelsea. When Austin goes, I would hope it would be somewhere he would be more or less guaranteed regular game time, because match practice is the biggest way he will improve as a player. Sure he could be coached and trained by the best coaches in the world but if he isn't getting game time, whats the point?
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          Agree with you, it's not a backward step. But at the same time, he won't get much game time at Chelsea. We've seen it before with players like SWP and Scott Parker, who were so much better before they wasted their time at Chelsea. When Austin goes, I would hope it would be somewhere he would be more or less guaranteed regular game time, because match practice is the biggest way he will improve as a player. Sure he could be coached and trained by the best coaches in the world but if he isn't getting game time, whats the point?
          Agree with you re the game time. He could go to a Newcastle, Southampton etc and be first choice and probably score a few. But with what to show for it? Mid table, no trophies and no certainty of playing for England. Even at these clubs the goal will still be to play for a Chelsea to compete in the biggest games and in the biggest competitions.

Or he can go to Chelsea, not play as much but play with the best players each day and be coached by the best manager in the world with trophies and medals at the end of his career to show for it. Look at Rickie Lambert for example. He was and would have been first choice at Southampton. He went to Liverpool and barely played.....but had they won the League Cup or FA cup and he got a medal - despite his lack of game time i am pretty sure he would have said the move was worth it.

Comment

Agree with your points kojoe but I think Lambert is a bad example as he is a scouser so that played a major part in the move

Comment

If we get Bamford as part of deal, why not.

Comment

Agree. He should sign for Chelsea. If it doesn't work then change the club season after.

Comment

I thought he might be different..but its the modern footballer..following the money..big pay packet and maybe a league cup medal. you do don't become a premier league winner by playing 5 or 6 games a season. Modern football is ruined!

anyway it is not his decision..it is the clubs

Comment

Well I disagree fella. Personally I'm the type who would much prefer to play than warm a bench and barely contribute.
                    Charlie's a top footballer and should be playing week in week out especially with the euros around the corner and a outside chance of getting in the squad. When's he going to get another chance to play himself into a England team.
                    Don't get me wrong if you can move to Chelsea and realistically be a first team player or at least on the fringes of that team then yeah what a fantastic move. But to be 3rd choice striker and barely play which prob means you miss out on the euros next year I do t get how that is a forward stepping move.
                    If he wins a medal and has played 10 games it's a joke.

Scum is a backwards move for his career.He can go to big clubs like Southampton or possibly Liverpool or Spurs play week in week out be the main man earn big money and have half a chance of getting in the England team. That's progression. That's what someone who plays sports with meaning would do. Chelsea is purely a money move. 3rd choice striker do me a favour.

Comment

He could join ISIS for all i care as long as we get get 15m.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        This.
                        He wants and needs 1st team football. If palace or west ham any other southern club dont want to pay up and he wants to stay in his home area n he should not look to move now. See out his contract and either win promotion and a new contract with QPR or leave on a free to one of whichever local club wants him next summer.
                        No way a player being courted like he is will even consider playing in the championship. Delusional to think otherwise.

Comment

Its his career he's looking for, not ours. So he can join any club he wants as long as they are willing to pay 15 million!

Comment

This is a no brainer for Austin. You go to Chelsea, contend for the title, champion's league on big wages. I think he has a lot of self belief and will compete for playing time behind Costa who is injury prone. Mourinho doesn't sign many fluff players, I think he sees something in Charlie. If he has a good season he makes the England squad. Worst case scenario he has a Remy like season with them and moves again next season. As I see it everything gain and nothing to lose.

Comment

I think he would fancy his chances to be fair worth a risk he may flourish with so much service and fly high england champ league world cups also a lot of money and that is all it is about sorry to say the worse he can do is a couple of seasons earning a massive wedge and then move on. I really would hate to see him in the scum colours but we could milk thwm for 20 + he is worth it m oron inio knows a good player when he see one

Comment

Agreed that for his development it's best if he plays week in week out, however he can go to Chelsea, get a few England caps, a pay rise and probably trophies then move down to Newcastle, Soton, Everton etc in the future if he wants. Plus he gets to stay in London. Besides, the only clubs where he'd be a guaranteed starter are Newcastle & Southampton - Spurs have Kane & WHam have Valencia & Sakho.

+ There's this new English quota being introduced, any half decent young English player is a good addition to any squad. It'd pain me to see him go to Chelsea but I cannot blame him for it.

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                                He's the same/if not better on the ball than Costa and can finish as well as him too. I can see him scoring goals anywhere to be honest.
                                Madman

Comment

Working...
                                X