No announcement yet.

McCarthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't we just loan McCarthy out until January to gain experience as this could be Rob Greens last season with us? Bring in another decent keeper who will then be number 2 to McCarthy next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Mate as a poster you're alright but I have noticed that you tend to go off on one if people disagree with you. Can't you just accept that there are some who don't rate McCarthy?
      Personally I haven't seen him have a good game for us, but granted there were only a few games he did play. Given a run in the squad he could be good, he was for Reading so there is a good keeper in there. But imo he has done absolutely nothing to knock Green off the number 1 spot.

Not when the comments are uneducated are ridiculous.

Like I said with McCarthy, it's the same ridiculous abuse and conclusions people made with matty based on 2 or 3 games. It's obvious the people commenting haven't seen much of McCarthy the same as they must of not seen Phillips or you just wouldn't right of a keeper of that ability.

Its frustrating Ginja and I'm quite happy to point it out like I did with Phillips where I had many arguments saying he's a top player and was shot down time again.

As for argumentative I do have that in me lol but I also think some things when written down can come across or seem worst then a poster actually intends if you know what I mean. Some of the comments are not meant to be argumentative more passionate lol.

Comment

Can see Rob Green retiring in a few years time with us.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          As for argumentative I do have that in me lol but I also think some things when written down can come across or seem worst then a poster actually intends if you know what I mean. Some of the comments are not meant to be argumentative more passionate lol.
          So thank heavens for the emoticons! Please (everyone) make more use of them - that's why they're there, to make the need for slug-out threads redundant!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Can see Rob Green retiring in a few years time with us.
            Well I think he is 35 years old now so he won't have much left in him. I think that's why he will stay with us as he is guaranteed to be starting most games instead of warming the bench with the scum. But we need to start looking at other options in case it is his last season with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              So thank heavens for the emoticons! Please (everyone) make more use of them - that's why they're there, to make the need for slug-out threads redundant!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Point noted mate. It's easy to get your words crossed on here sometimes lol.

Hope I have t directly offended anyone on here with my comments. They are more passionate debates then a direct attack

Comment

Point noted mate. It's easy to get your words crossed on here sometimes lol.

Hope I have t directly offended anyone on here with my comments. They are more passionate debates then a direct attack
                  Fair play mate, i also didn't mean to come across like I was having a go. Should've used the emoticons
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Fair play mate, i also didn't mean to come across like I was having a go. Should've used the emoticons
                      It's alright Ginja. Prefer to be pulled up on it than people take me the wrong way.

I can come across a blunt bell end sometimes. Suffered from it all my life. Mean no harm though

Comment

Had it hinted to me on Twitter by Rob Brennan who's a local journo that it would be better for all parties if he moves on and "Things happen behind the scenes fans don't know about".

It is of course very possible that having looked at him in depth in training over the last year that the club's coaches simply don't rate him....

Comment

it's a shame because they are two cracking keepers. Personally would have liked Green to have gone and McCarthy given the No. 1 jersey. Seen and heard enough to convince me Alex will become a top goalie
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by AndoverRanger View Post
                            Well I think he is 35 years old now so he won't have much left in him. I think that's why he will stay with us as he is guaranteed to be starting most games instead of warming the bench with the scum. But we need to start looking at other options in case it is his last season with us.
                            Wasn't Shilton 40 at the 1990 World Cup? Green could easily have another 2-3 years if he looks after himself.

This whole episode suggests the club just don't rate McCarthy. They could have let Green go and replace him with some youngster as backup for McCarthy but have chosen not to. Whatever you may think there is a reason behind this....

Comment

It's alright Ginja. Prefer to be pulled up on it than people take me the wrong way.

I can come across a blunt bell end sometimes. Suffered from it all my life. Mean no harm though
                              Fair play mate
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                                This whole episode suggests the club just don't rate McCarthy. They could have let Green go and replace him with some youngster as backup for McCarthy but have chosen not to. Whatever you may think there is a reason behind this....
                                Have to agree there seems to be more to this than we can tell from the outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X