No announcement yet.

McCarthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd pick Green over McCarthy all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      I'd pick Green over McCarthy all day long.
      I would pick McCarthy over green, only because off the age gap. Greens still a good keeper, but putting macarthy as number 1 is what we need to do, he must have some class because a lot off clubs want him and not green
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
        I would pick McCarthy over green, only because off the age gap. Greens still a good keeper, but putting macarthy as number 1 is what we need to do, he must have some class because a lot off clubs want him and not green
        Tough decision though isn't it?

Ideally we can keep both but I would severely doubt either would want to be backup...which in all fairness is the attitude you want from any player

Comment

Loan McCarthy out for a season to a team that would have him as 1st choice GK and then get him back when Green retires? Would it make sense?

We would still keep him for the future and at the same time would give him plenty of playtime and ease our books off his wages...

Comment

McCarthy is good enough now ffs. This is a Phillips example of our fans all over again. Being written off be aisle of a couple of not good games at the end of the season when he hasn't played most of the year.
            It takes time to settle into a team and confidence is always a issue plus he had the worst defence in the league in front of him.
            He's a quality keeper that many teams from the prem are courting. Got to stop writing player off be aide of two or three games.
            If he's our number 1 and starts week in week out he's the best keeper in that league all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              To disregard McCarthy for green is just stupid. Green might have 2 years in him but McCarthy could be a mainstay for years to come depending on our success. Greens also on 30/40 k a week.
              Greens been a very good keeper for us 100% but MCCarthy is the future. Look what scum had to do with cech and courtouis. Tough decision for the long term future of the club.
              Anyone who saw McCarthy for reading will know what a keeper we have and his potential. He won't sit on the bench and the fact it's all premier league clubs wanting to sign him should highlight how highly thought of he is in the game.

Really winds me up that so many of our fans coat of a player after two or three appearances. Joke.
              How many McCarthy's games you have seen?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                How many McCarthy's games you have seen?
                Obviously a lot more than you or we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's laughable people think it's better to keep green than McCarthy based on two or three off par performances last year.
                As said it's the same type of people who thought Phillips shouldn't be in the team and probably thought hoilett was the answer.

Quite funny to see how not clued up some of our fans are. Winds me up a treat so many of our fans just disregard a player because of 2 or 3 games. It shows a complete lack of understanding of football.

Comment

McCarthy was mustard at reading, Rangers would really be shooting themselves in the foot if we sell him, a future england goalkeeper IMO, or maybe there's just desperate to get the 6m back
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

McCarthy is good enough now ffs. This is a Phillips example of our fans all over again. Being written off be aisle of a couple of not good games at the end of the season when he hasn't played most of the year.
                    It takes time to settle into a team and confidence is always a issue plus he had the worst defence in the league in front of him.
                    He's a quality keeper that many teams from the prem are courting. Got to stop writing player off be aide of two or three games.
                    If he's our number 1 and starts week in week out he's the best keeper in that league all day long.
                    You need to improve the spelling you use.

Comment

Originally posted by QprQpr View Post
                      You need to improve the spelling you use.
                      I'm dyslexic mate

Comment

Obviously a lot more than you or we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's laughable people think it's better to keep green than McCarthy based on two or three off par performances last year.
                        As said it's the same type of people who thought Phillips shouldn't be in the team and probably thought hoilett was the answer.

Quite funny to see how not clued up some of our fans are. Winds me up a treat so many of our fans just disregard a player because of 2 or 3 games. It shows a complete lack of understanding of football.
                        You wind me up with your slanderous allegations that anybody thought HOILET should be in the side before anybody , make sure the back door is unlocked for a quick getaway before the men in white overcoats arrive

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          You wind me up with your slanderous allegations that anybody thought HOILET should be in the side before anybody , make sure the back door is unlocked for a quick getaway before the men in white overcoats arrive
                          Lol ok

Comment

Alex McCarthy could leave club as Rob Green looks set to stay

QPR goalkeeper Alex McCarthy is considering leaving the club this summer as Rob Green looks set to snub interest from Chelsea and stay at Loftus Road.

McCarthy was hoping to be promoted to become the club's first-choice keeper in the Championship next season after Green was targeted by Chelsea to become their new No2.

But Green had second thoughts about moving to Stamford Bridge to sit on the bench while Chelsea have since made a move for Stoke keeper Asmir Begovic, who is expected to complete an £8million transfer to the Premier League champions this week.

McCarthy started just three matches after joining from Reading for £2.5million last season, and told Standard Sport in May he was unsettled at the club.

"It has been frustrating," he said.

"I played the the full season for Reading last year but I’m playing the odd game here and I just want to play football."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-10371153.html

Comment

Mate as a poster you're alright but I have noticed that you tend to go off on one if people disagree with you. Can't you just accept that there are some who don't rate McCarthy?
                              Personally I haven't seen him have a good game for us, but granted there were only a few games he did play. Given a run in the squad he could be good, he was for Reading so there is a good keeper in there. But imo he has done absolutely nothing to knock Green off the number 1 spot.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2