Man City bid £40 mil for sterling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    Very true, most will remain silent I bet. Think Liverpool are holding out for 45 to 50k, let's hope so.

We must have at least 20% on that sale.
    50k would be a great deal for whoever buys him. Doesn't do our sell on fee much good though.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
      Are them clauses for one transfer only? What if he moved again?
      I think a clause is only ever one move, pretty sure you cant do more than one.

Comment

Genius clause - who would have guessed he'd be worth £30-50m in the future !

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I didn't know how much he would go for, but I always thought he would be a big success. I seem to recall saying that he was talked about as a huge prospect in the same way that players like Rooney, Defoe Joe Cole and Wilshere were when they were his age.

Well done to Paladini for finally getting something right.

Comment

Liverpool Post says Liverpool want cash

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Liverpool?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                I didn't know how much he would go for, but I always thought he would be a big success. I seem to recall saying that he was talked about as a huge prospect in the same way that players like Rooney, Defoe Joe Cole and Wilshere were when they were his age.

Well done to Paladini for finally getting something right.
                He was a massive prospect. Was playing for England schoolboys at 14 and QPR u 18s at 15. Plus magilton offered him 1st team football at 15 to convince him to stay. The deal has worked out great for us if we get the sort of money quoted

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Easiest £8m we've ever made probably our top 3 fees received for a player and he ain't even ours
                  Tbh we got stung when they signed him for 1 million when it was clear he was a huge talent so this puts it where it should be
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Tbh we got stung when they signed him for 1 million when it was clear he was a huge talent so this puts it where it should be
                    Agree weare

Comment

Does any young kid ever go for more money than we got and the player got? (new house for mum etc)
                      Thought that was the norm/industry standard?
                      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 17-06-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Does any young kid ever go for more money than we got? Thought that was the norm?
                        It is mate, at that age they are not allowed to have a professional contract & so transfer fees are very limited - hence such sell on clauses if they reach their potential.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          Apparently it's 25% according to paldini a few weeks ago.

No wonder Liverpool are holding on for 50 mill.
                          20% if sold to and English side, 25% if sold abroad. As such we need to hope that City push the fee up and then get gazumped at the last minutes by Barca, Real or PSG.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Not even sure we got £1m mate. Think it was only half of that.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              Not even sure we got £1m mate. Think it was only half of that.
                              700k I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Does any young kid ever go for more money than we got and the player got? (new house for mum etc)
                                Thought that was the norm/industry standard?
                                Chelsea have bought a few youngsters for more over last few years but then how many youngsters are playing 1st team prem football for a club like Liverpool in less than 3 years of moving? Surely an indicator of his ability/value at the time of moving

Comment

Working...
                                X