J E T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J E T

only 24 and better than zamora he may not be as good as antonio but hes good enough
    to get qpr back into the top flight,so we can get andre gray and antonio and jay thomas
    imagine the qpr team.................................. who could stand in front of that little lot
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Personally have always liked JET. Obviously was never Arsenal standard and struggled a lttle at Ipswich, but his form for Bristol City should warrant us and other clubs of our size taking a look at him. As a squad player on reaosnable wages, he would be a decent replacement for Zamora.

Comment

yes

yes yes yes lets bring him in and we will see if ramsey can coach him up a little bit and see
      if he can get about 14 goals for us next season which is ten more than zamora

More...

Comment

i wonder why bcfc are letting him go

Comment

Great shout ted, would be a blinding addition.

Comment

sensational

sensational post from one of my top posters of the season

More...

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              He ran his contract down like Sako at Wolves.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                He ran his contract down like Sako at Wolves. As for Thomas, not sure of his position, not strong enough for a CF, maybe a no 10? Worth having a look at?
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Good squad

Good squad player so yes please better than a overweight adel

More...

Comment

He's a good player but would not a world beater. Solid championship player who would add something to the squad. A attractive signing on a free.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                      He ran his contract down like Sako at Wolves.
                      Not according to Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill. They chose not to extend his contract because he wouldn't be a first team regular and "because of his size he needs to play regularly."

Doesn't sound like the type of player we really should be going for to me.....

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/s...ail/story.html

Comment

Fantastic talent qpr were after him when he was still at Arsenal, what bothers me is with all that talent he cant seem to hold down a starting place where-ever he goes , ends up being moved on, i was really surprised City let him go , he always seems to get sold, without doubt he would be the most gifted player at City, but still they release him.
                        Last edited by winalotto; 23-05-2015, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I'm a Bristol City fan in peace (I live in London and my flatmate and his friend are both QPR season ticket holders so I occasionally go to Loftus Road when either can't make it, or if I'm not a City game and QPR have a match I want to watch and affordable tickets).

JET is indeed a fantastic talent and massively popular with the Bristol City fans. There are reasons we're letting him go but they're not necessarily reasons that mean he wouldn't be a good signing for QPR. Basically he's an incredibly talented footballer but one that really needs the team to be built around him to be at his best. If he's being asked to play as a conventional winger, striker or midfielder, he can struggle a bit and lose confidence but he's free just to express himself as best he can whilst letting the rest of the team worry about the tactical stuff, he can be utterly incredible and do things no-one else on the team can.

In QPR terms, he's probably another Taraabt (including the potential for weight gain problems) but, by all accounts, his attitude is much, much better than Taraabt's supposedly is. At the start of the season he was overweight (from his social media accounts, it seems he really gets into going to the gym and basically he piled on muscle at the expense of agility) but, once Cotterill had a word with him, he responded really well and worked hard on improving his fitness. We've also had an incredibly strong team spirit and a real togetherness in the dressing room this season and, by all counts, JET has been a really positive influence on the other players and the general mood around the place, even when he wasn't getting picked.

He's not really fitted into Steve Cotterill's way of playing and you can't knock our results so it makes sense to let him go but he's the most naturally gifted player I've seen in 25 years of being a Bristol City fan and could certainly do a job at a leading Championship club. On the times I've seen QPR this season, I've felt one of the things you've struggled with is that link between central midfield and attack and basically if you want another Taraabt-style player only without the off-field problems, JET is certainly worth considering. Personally (and I think this is true of virtually all City fans, and probably our players and manager too) I utterly love the guy and would love to see him doing well elsewhere.

Comment

I mentioned him a few weeks ago. Decent player.
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by London_Bristolian View Post
                              I'm a Bristol City fan in peace (I live in London and my flatmate and his friend are both QPR season ticket holders so I occasionally go to Loftus Road when either can't make it, or if I'm not a City game and QPR have a match I want to watch and affordable tickets).

JET is indeed a fantastic talent and massively popular with the Bristol City fans. There are reasons we're letting him go but they're not necessarily reasons that mean he wouldn't be a good signing for QPR. Basically he's an incredibly talented footballer but one that really needs the team to be built around him to be at his best. If he's being asked to play as a conventional winger, striker or midfielder, he can struggle a bit and lose confidence but he's free just to express himself as best he can whilst letting the rest of the team worry about the tactical stuff, he can be utterly incredible and do things no-one else on the team can.

In QPR terms, he's probably another Taraabt (including the potential for weight gain problems) but, by all accounts, his attitude is much, much better than Taraabt's supposedly is. At the start of the season he was overweight (from his social media accounts, it seems he really gets into going to the gym and basically he piled on muscle at the expense of agility) but, once Cotterill had a word with him, he responded really well and worked hard on improving his fitness. We've also had an incredibly strong team spirit and a real togetherness in the dressing room this season and, by all counts, JET has been a really positive influence on the other players and the general mood around the place, even when he wasn't getting picked.

He's not really fitted into Steve Cotterill's way of playing and you can't knock our results so it makes sense to let him go but he's the most naturally gifted player I've seen in 25 years of being a Bristol City fan and could certainly do a job at a leading Championship club. On the times I've seen QPR this season, I've felt one of the things you've struggled with is that link between central midfield and attack and basically if you want another Taraabt-style player only without the off-field problems, JET is certainly worth considering. Personally (and I think this is true of virtually all City fans, and probably our players and manager too) I utterly love the guy and would love to see him doing well elsewhere.
                              That's a top post fella and always good to receive a honest and fair opinion. I like the lad and think he's a capable championship player and on a free very good business. Like you say sometimes certain players don't fit into a teams DNA.

Looking forward to playing your lot next year. I think your be fine in the championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X