Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

'Pool, Newcastle, Scum, WHU, Saints, Villa, Spurs, Palace all interested in Charlie..

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • acricketer
    Platinum Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 12068

    #121
    Says 'done deal' here...

    Charlie Austin is a done deal for Newcastle United, according to the only newspaper to be given exclusive access to by Mike Ashley.

    Comment

    • QPR Richard
      Gold Seat
      • Sep 2011
      • 6489

      #122
      According to that, Newcastle only want to pay £10m. No thanks. We'll wait for more offers.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

      Comment

      • ArcticHoop
        Silver Seat
        • Apr 2012
        • 1558

        #123
        Apparently Charlie has tweeted

        Comment

        • brightonr
          Banned
          • Mar 2009
          • 10922

          #124
          Originally posted by ArcticHoop
          Exactly.

          He may well move, but so far he has acted professionally and with respect.

          Comment

          • maidstone_hoop
            Gold Seat
            • May 2009
            • 6718

            #125
            Originally posted by brightonr
            Exactly.

            He may well move, but so far he has acted professionally and with respect.
            Think Charlie's a class act all round personally. I don't think he would want the club to get screwed as well.

            Comment

            • Abseits
              Gold Seat
              • Aug 2014
              • 5065

              #126
              You gotta love him... A well rounded sensible chap with no daft or warped ego or "billybig######" attitude. If he goes, whoever gets him really is getting a gem.

              Comment

              • AlamoR
                Apprentice
                • May 2015
                • 90

                #127
                If all these clubs are truly interested then QPR should get 13-15M for him. I think he'll score wherever he goes as long as he plays. Spurs and Saints would be where I'd be telling my agent to look especially if Cane is headed to Man U,

                Comment

                • HoopDoggyDogg
                  Silver Seat
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 2648

                  #128
                  Anyone know what Charlie put on Twitter earlier.

                  BBC Gossip page says this..

                  QPR striker Charlie Austin has been linked with a move to Newcastle but he doesn't appear to be too impressed. He put out the tweet below before quickly deleting it.

                  Nothing appears underneath it, just says Charlie Austin on Twitter.

                  Comment

                  • HoopDoggyDogg
                    Silver Seat
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 2648

                    #129
                    Mate just told me he put this..

                    Honestly where do people get this stuff from #bull #nothingbettertodo

                    Comment

                    • nasser95
                      Gold Seat
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 7216

                      #130
                      Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg
                      Mate just told me he put this..

                      Honestly where do people get this stuff from #bull #nothingbettertodo
                      Well that was totally expected. I've stood by what I've said that if anyone wanted to go up to the premier league, the last place they should look is Newcastle, fickle fans with no loyalty and just looking to start arguments.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                      Comment

                      • klonk
                        Silver Seat
                        • May 2011
                        • 2401

                        #131
                        Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg
                        Mate just told me he put this..

                        Honestly where do people get this stuff from #bull #nothingbettertodo
                        word for word what my phone told me that he'd said, although he seems to have since deleted it.

                        wouldn't read too much into it, if newcastle make a reasonable offer to the club, he'll be on his way... think he's more irritated that people are making out that virtually everything's already done and dusted.

                        Comment

                        • HoopDoggyDogg
                          Silver Seat
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 2648

                          #132
                          Originally posted by klonk
                          word for word what my phone told me that he'd said, although he seems to have since deleted it.

                          wouldn't read too much into it, if newcastle make a reasonable offer to the club, he'll be on his way... think he's more irritated that people are making out that virtually everything's already done and dusted.
                          A few papers have said that the scum want him, so maybe the tweet was in response to them.
                          I don't think Newcastle will offer what we value him at though.

                          What's the lowest you think we will accept for him?

                          Comment

                          • lymehoop
                            Gold Seat
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 7380

                            #133
                            Charlie is worth all of the £15m being asked. A rare breed that doesn't come around that often. Any club who misses out by trying to be smart, well it will cost them much more in the end.
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

                            Comment

                            • Harryboy
                              Silver Seat
                              • Jan 2014
                              • 4022

                              #134
                              Well if harry Kane is worth 40m. Then I would say charlie is worth 25m atleast
                              You Rsssssss

                              Comment

                              • skranger
                                Silver Seat
                                • Jul 2009
                                • 1177

                                #135
                                Originally posted by Harryboy
                                Well if harry Kane is worth 40m. Then I would say charlie is worth 25m atleast
                                Exactly Harryboy ..... Where is all this talk of 10-15 mil coming from ... When les first spoke about his valuation he should have mentioned sums In the region of at least 20-30 mil...

                                We seem to have set our stall too low and the bandwagon is rolling ...

                                What makes him any less valuable (even with only a year left ) than other players such as Kane , benteke etc

                                Put 20 mill absolute minimum and go from there...

                                A lot on here would be happy with 10-15 mil ..... Remember Ross McCormack went for that and you can hardly compare him to Charlie

                                Comment

                                Working...