Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
'Pool, Newcastle, Scum, WHU, Saints, Villa, Spurs, Palace all interested in Charlie..
Collapse
X
-
Comment
-
I wouldn't automatically assume that his love for us is as strong as our love for him.
I'm sure that he would not be here if he had the opportunity of being the DOF at spurs or newcastleComment
-
Im pretty confident there will be a queue of clubs for him next summer if he's available on free, irrespective of his performance next season and yes the England scenario is appealing to him but the chances of him making the Euros are very slim especially if he is playing in the championship. (he couldnt even get on against ireland and thats with strikers missing sturridge, kane etc). I also dont accept the "he's not that type of person" argument from other people when nobody knows him to have an informed opinion on that. That being said I agree that the club should set a fee (around £12 -£15 mill IMO) and if it is not met then stick to their guns. I worry that this could drag on over the summer and be an unnecessary distraction from this new chapter we are supposed to be beginning. If we force him to stay for another year there is no guarantee he will fire us to promotion and where does that leave us next summer?... Having to replace our best player who we have just lost on a free so will need substantial investment while still being in the championship, which doesnt really fit in with the new financial prudence philosophy we are supposed to be using going forward.It should be simple enough. If a buying club doesn't agree a price for Austin (£15-20M in my book) he stays and sees out his contract. QPR will then have a striker capable of scoring 25-30 goals a season giving the team a chance of challenging for promotion. He will want to perform well in order to have clubs interested in him when his contract expires and in case Hodgson keeps him in mind for the Euros next summer.Comment
-
That only happened because of the release clause in Remy's contract. I'm pretty sure Charlie has no such release clause as it is hardly standard practice to put one in. It will be up to us if we want to sell him just before the window closes - and presumably we wouldn't want to if that would leave us short up front.'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.Comment
-
I would imagine Charlie's agent is having meetings with interested parties and his move is certain. I'm hoping we've done likewise and have 2-3 decent forwards lined up as his replacement.I must away now, I can no longer tarry
This morning's tempest I have to cross
I must be guided without a stumble
Into the arms I love the mostComment
-
You would hope so. If this is the case, we have certainly turned a corner when it comes to signing players.Top Scorers 2018/2019
Nakhi Wells - 8
Pawel Wszolek - 6
Luke Freeman - 6
Matt Smith - 6
Ebere Eze - 4
Joel Lynch - 3
Tomer Hemed - 3
Toni Leistner - 2
Massimo Luongo- 2
Angel Rangel - 2
Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
Geoff Cameron - 1
Aramide Oteh - 1
Jake Bidwell - 1
Jordan Cousins - 1
Summer Transfers 2019
IN
OUTComment
-
Comment
-
Comment
-
QPR's Charlie Austin the most likely player in Europe to be transferred this summer
QPR's Charlie Austin the most likely player in Europe to be transferred this summer says to new study
Charlie Austin leaving Queens Park Rangers is the "most likely" move to happen this summer transfer window, according to a new study.
The CIES Football Observatory, an academic group based in Switzerland, has created an econometric algorithm that looks at the variables involved in over 1,500 transfers since 2009 to determine the most likely moves to happen this summer.
According to the group's estimated transfer value, QPR should charge between €10.2m (£7.5m) and €11.2m for their leading scorer.
More...Comment
SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!
Comment