Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
    signed the petition. fkin love cookes.

re: ginge, I pretty much live under the westway now in W9. really curious what the area was like before it was built.
    Well as Ginge said, he don't know, but I remember it well Art - I remember what Portobello Road was like in the 60s and 70s (worked on a stall selling Indian tat to Italian tourists when I was 9), what a different world Notting HIll and Ladbroke Grove were then. I also remember carnivals in the late 70s that were something else. So different to the totally controlled corporate ######## you get nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      Ribs were always good but the nugget roll was my personal favourite as a kid
      A georges special...pitta bread,kebab meat/chips with garlic/chillie sauce....spare ribs to die for. Spent my evenings playing defender,galaxy,etc in there as a kid-always something going down. I hope that rangers listen to what people say.
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Went to cooke's for the first and last time about 6 months ago. £4 for a pie with one ice cream scoop sized serving of mash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toninho View Post
          Went to cooke's for the first and last time about 6 months ago. £4 for a pie with one ice cream scoop sized serving of mash!!
          And liquer , and the pies are high quality meat.
          Fish and chips and a burger and chips from mcdonalds and even a pint is more than that in my local.
          What are you trying to say? Good value or bad value. If the latter, tell me what else you could get for four quid that good.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
            A georges special...pitta bread,kebab meat/chips with garlic/chillie sauce....spare ribs to die for. Spent my evenings playing defender,galaxy,etc in there as a kid-always something going down. I hope that rangers listen to what people say.
            Such a legendary gaff

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              And liquer , and the pies are high quality meat.
              Fish and chips and a burger and chips from mcdonalds and even a pint is more than that in my local.
              What are you trying to say? Good value or bad value. If the latter, tell me what else you could get for four quid that good.
              what is £4 nowadays for something to eat? especially in London.

Comment

I

I THINK THAT THE BEST MEAL IVE EVER HAD WAS BANGERS AND MASH I HAD THIS MEAL IN A PUB CALLED THE LEATHER BOTTLE
                WHICH IS IN GARRET LANE TOOTING
                so the bidea of pie and mash could work
                BUT UI WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PRICE RAISED TO 6 QUID BUT THE MASH WOULD HAVE TO BE MUCH MORE IN QUANTITY
                AND MUCH MORE CREAMIER
                there no reason why bangers couldnt be added to the list of items and for me i would like some fried onnions and baked beans

but i am not impressed with the pie and mash shops ive only tried it a few times but i just cant compare it to fish and chips
                which has been the most successfull thing weve ever exported
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  what is £4 nowadays for something to eat? especially in London.
                  A bag of crisps and a bottle of water

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    Sadly, you're right jimmy.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      Fishermans Hut on Uxbridge Road,

Half a rotisserie bbq chicken with delicious proper fat chips (at least 10 times the amount of potato that you get from cooke's) a little bit of chilli sauce on the side sets it off.My mouth is watering.
                      This is tasty and filling as it is a proper portion, its only £3.50

The portions from Cooke's are way too small and will not fill me, so it would have to be double pie and mash at £8.00 to make any kind of comparison. To me, there isn't any.

Comment

Just been to Goddards in Greenwich, huge portion and at £6.40 for a double double it was good value, pretty flavourless though sadly
                        I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Fishermans Hut on Uxbridge Road,

Half a rotisserie bbq chicken with delicious proper fat chips (at least 10 times the amount of potato that you get from cooke's) a little bit of chilli sauce on the side sets it off.My mouth is watering.
                          This is tasty and filling as it is a proper portion, its only £3.50

The portions from Cooke's are way too small and will not fill me, so it would have to be double pie and mash at £8.00 to make any kind of comparison. To me, there isn't any.
                          I guess if you don't mind food poisoning its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by QprQpr View Post
                            I guess if you don't mind food poisoning its ok.
                            Anything to substantiate your claim or are you just dribbling any old nonsense that floats into the gap between your ears?? (as usual)

I have had the chicken and chips here around 20 times and no food poisoning.

But don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

Forgive me, I am on my knees oh learned one.

Comment

Anything to substantiate your claim or are you just dribbling any old nonsense that floats into the gap between your ears?? (as usual)

I have had the chicken and chips here around 20 times and no food poisoning.

But don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

Forgive me, I am on my knees oh learned one.
                              http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/...ith-and-Fulham

Comment

I've had to put you on ignore. Ray as I find your posts far too negative and full of drivel. Now every post is the most sensible thing you've done in a very long time ?!!
                                From the Hills of Kerry
                                To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Working...
                                X