No announcement yet.

Pie & mash shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't this place use to be a Fish n Chip shop?
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I can't see where it says that anyone got food poisoning??

There are plenty like goldhawk fish bar, chop chop, Mr Sushi, Londis etc. that have only 1 star, so food poisoning must be the least of their worries there?

Fishermans Hut has 2 stars and your beloved Cooke's has 3 stars so you are right to tilt your head back and walk with your nose in the air. But for the prices they are charging I would expect the full 5 stars (and valet parking).

Comment

I live in the area and wouldn't eat in any of the fast food places.

I went to Pizza Corner a few months back and had the shi*s the next day
        I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
          I live in the area and wouldn't eat in any of the fast food places.

I went to Pizza Corner a few months back and had the shi*s the next day
          He is obviously a cheap skate with no appreciation of decent food.

I honestly can't take the bloke seriously after he harped on for weeks about us getting Mick Mcarthy as our next manager.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
            Just been to Goddards in Greenwich, huge portion and at £6.40 for a double double it was good value, pretty flavourless though sadly
            really ? havn`t been to Greenwich since last summer but always rated Goddards , i`ll give my write up after Charlton away ,next season
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

i drove past ' cafe rest ' a while back and thats gone now , had many a dinner in there when i was at lime grove

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                really ? havn`t been to Greenwich since last summer but always rated Goddards , i`ll give my write up after Charlton away ,next season
                Think it was just the liquor that was rubbish the P&M was decent

Comment

Went to Cookes Saturday lunchtime, £8 for double double is a bit steep but it was glorious.
                  Loads of mods outside paying it a final visit, sad vibe around the place with all the talk about it shutting down.
                  Iconic place, will really miss it
                  From the Hills of Kerry
                  To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Miss the Ritz on GR. Fantastic dinners in there.

Zippys still decent for a burger. Cookes fab.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      Miss the Ritz on GR. Fantastic dinners in there.

Zippys still decent for a burger. Cookes fab.
                      Do you mean the Ritz on King Street Jimmy, or is that a different one? Very decent caff, don't know if it's still there. If we're talking caffs, the Embassy just down from Latimer Road was absolutely superb back in the day, but haven't been there in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        i drove past ' cafe rest ' a while back and thats gone now , had many a dinner in there when i was at lime grove
                        A shame that's gone they done a nice Breakfast in there, it's a chinease restaurant now
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          Do you mean the Ritz on King Street Jimmy, or is that a different one? Very decent caff, don't know if it's still there. If we're talking caffs, the Embassy just down from Latimer Road was absolutely superb back in the day, but haven't been there in a long time.
                          its a completely different ritz the one in kings St Does a nice breakfast but the tea is moody, the ritz in goldhalk road went about 3-4 years ago, that's a Somalian restaurant now
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
                            Went to Cookes Saturday lunchtime, £8 for double double is a bit steep but it was glorious.
                            Loads of mods outside paying it a final visit, sad vibe around the place with all the talk about it shutting down.
                            Iconic place, will really miss it
                            Why was there a big q last saturday? closing day isn't until end of July no?

(or did I miss it? )
                            Rangers Til I Die
                            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                              Why was there a big q last saturday? closing day isn't until end of July no?

(or did I miss it? )

It was "Bushstock" this weekend so the entire area was extra busy

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                GR mate. T bone steak was to die for

Comment

Working...
                                X