X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Derby now favourites to sign him..

I'd have him back tbf on a 1 year deal.

Yeah. Was our POTY in the Championship 2 years ago proving he's not a primadonna where it matters and knows what it takes to get out of the dicvision as also did it with Newcastle.

Comment

• Finally he's beginning to realize that all his antics history has caught up with him, and now nobody wants to know.

Comment

• sayes on the news that 72% of newcastle fans that took part in a vote want him back , also 2 french and 2 PL teams are looking at him , maybe it's just his agent keeping busy

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
          Yeah. Was our POTY in the Championship 2 years ago proving he's not a primadonna where it matters and knows what it takes to get out of the dicvision as also did it with Newcastle.
          Likewise, I'd love him back on Championship wages.

Comment

• According to the West London Gazette reporter I was speaking to at Charlton he was on £70k pw and we offered "ONLY" £20k pw and he wouldn't accept the drop!!!

(funny how we speak about footballers as paid weekly!! Just think £20k pw is still over £1m per year!!!!)
            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

• Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
              According to the West London Gazette reporter I was speaking to at Charlton he was on £70k pw and we offered "ONLY" £20k pw and he wouldn't accept the drop!!!

(funny how we speak about footballers as paid weekly!! Just think £20k pw is still over £1m per year!!!!)
              I would have been gutted if he had taken the deal, so pleased he has gone!
              Kept the faith!

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Derby now favourites to sign him..

I'd have him back tbf on a 1 year deal.
                Nah...time to move on.

Would love to see him at Derby...we'd be safe on corners and free kicks !

Comment

• Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                  I would have been gutted if he had taken the deal, so pleased he has gone!
                  Me too the bloke is toxic and nowhere near as good as he or some on here think... I can't believe the clamour to have him back because we lost at the Valley... Had we drawn let alone won then there wouldn't have been a sausage spoken/written about him.... Good riddance and move on is best for all concerned.... I'll be surprised if he gets another gig in the PL unless it's one of the bottom feeders out of desperation....

Comment

• I always thought he played well the majority of the time, it was his obsession with taking every corner and free kick that did my head in!
                    The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

• get him back in, use before henry

Comment

• Originally posted by 1974Rs View Post
                        I always thought he played well the majority of the time, it was his obsession with taking every corner and free kick that did my head in!
                        This. And his lack of passing ability. I liked him overall though and would have him back. I understand why others wouldn't as well.

Comment

• Barton to hold talks with Burnley

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/ne...s-with-burnley

Be shocked if this happens.

Comment

• Wasn't he properly coating them off just before the play off final, telling them some home truths about what sort of place Burnley is etc?
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• I don't think he was exactly signing our praises when he left for Marseille.

Comment

• He'd be a very good signing for any chpionship team on a years deal.

Would of done a job for us this year and we should of negotiated hard and signed him back up. His experience alongside faurlin and his tanacity for the game would of been priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X