Your favourite season following QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been going since 77 and a few seasons standout:

Adel promotion season - QPR were so consistent home and away. Say what you want about Adel but that was one of the great seasons any QPR player had. After years of struggle we finally made it to the promised land. Loved the 4-0 drubbing of Swansea at home, we were amazing that day.

82/83 promotion season - we were head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Stainrod, Gregory, Curry, Waddock, MacDonald, Dawes, Neil,

Holloway promotion season - was great following the disappointment of the playoff loss the season before

around 85/86 - QPR topped the old D1 through 10 game and were playing great. They had a top 2 game at Anfield where we played well and but lost 4-0. Good day out either way. Finished 5th that year.
    Last edited by AlamoR; 30-05-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

82/83 season. That was the season when I found "my" team I think Clive Allen and Paul Goddard were around that team also.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        75/76 was my first ever season as a 9 year old - and what an introduction to QPR that was! As a kid that standard was set for the entire season, and so I was hooked and that entire team become instant idols. Naturally I thought that was the norm and every season to follow was going to be just like that.

...and I've been waiting ever since!

Godot
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Venables side 82/83. Superb

Comment

1975-76 season, I was only 3 seasons into my QPR supporting time. We played with such flare and attacking we were immense. Great team, great players, great times and great memories.

Just loved that season, no other season has come close for me.
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              Oh that's easy, 75/76.
              Agreed, but a bit before Westie's time!

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                1975-76 season, I was only 3 seasons into my QPR supporting time. We played with such flare and attacking we were immense. Great team, great players, great times and great memories.

Just loved that season, no other season has come close for me.
                Hated that season, the football was the best ive ever seen or ever will, but it was the first time i found out what a broken heart felt like listening to wolves v liverpool on the radio.

Comment

Warnock 2010/11
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

75/76 will never be bested.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

75/76 a simply sublime footballing team. My first game was in 71 so watched the side develope under Jago and Sexton. 82/83 was also a great side and attended every game that season home and away but doesn't quite hold the same sway as 75/76.

Comment

When we finished 5th with les scoring for fun
                        R's

Comment

75/76 for me. That was simply a fantastic football team to watch.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                            92/93 some cracking home games, Sinton/SirLes were immense
                            Yep cracking season some great results

Comment

Throwing in a wildcard and saying 04/05. First season I had a season ticket, our first season in the Championship massively punching above our weight, 7 wins on the bounce including one against West Ham, alright we got thumped at Leeds but we massively beat expectations that year
                              i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

1975-76 (excluding Wolves v Liverpool)

Comment

Working...
                                X