The Three Relegated Clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    I was kinda hoping for players from the championship, the likes of grabban, redmond, hughes, adomah,

laegue 1 feels like a step too far down for my liking. philips and austin were signed from championship teams and have proved their worth in the championship over the years.

the kids from swindon are a bit of a risk if you ask me.
    Jamie Mackie came from Plymouth, did he not?

Not necessarily good enough for regular PL football, but certainly played his part for us in the Championship.

Comment

Burnley - 5th or 6th once Ings, Trippier are sold. Won't bounce back.
      Hull - Top 4, could be automatic, could be Playoff winners.
      QPR - God knows right now, but I suspect Mid table. All depends on FFP and Player Ins & Out. Probably more so than Ramsey.....

Comment

Reckon all 3 will be top 10 and pushing for promotion. If hull keep their squad together they will be decent and burnley under dyche will be strong.
        Atm very hard to call with us. We need to see who we retain and what sort of players are brought back in.

Comment

I was kinda hoping for players from the championship, the likes of grabban, redmond, hughes, adomah,

laegue 1 feels like a step too far down for my liking. philips and austin were signed from championship teams and have proved their worth in the championship over the years.

Fair enough. I dont think we will be signing predominantly league one players though mate. From what I gather (i have a couple of friends who are Swindon fans) these 2 are very very good. Ok its league one yeah, but our premier league "stars" got battered by a league one team to be fair.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Burnley- Mid table. Theyre losing Ings and reckon a couple others will earn moves (Trippier, Boyd etc)
            Hull- Top 10
            Qpr- Playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Fair play mate. All about opinions and stuff. Its just i haven't enjoyed one premier league season since we went up in 2011.
              This x 1.000.000

Comment

Fair enough. I dont think we will be signing predominantly league one players though mate. From what I gather (i have a couple of friends who are Swindon fans) these 2 are very very good. Ok its league one yeah, but our premier league "stars" got battered by a league one team to be fair.
                The standard between league 1 and the championship isn't massive. Both would be god signings and I agree with you that I reckon We will also target other players from the championship and Premiership.

Comment

Tbf Hits, Austin and Phillips only had 2 seasons of championship football prior to joining us and if anything are examples of the talent that can be found in the lower leagues

Comment

Hull- not sure depends on what players they keep
                    Burnley- are going to lose a few good players and are not the sort to splash the dosh, maybe top 6
                    Qpr- just below mid table
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                      Not sure I really agree ginger, if we don't go up straight away there's no guaranteeing we'll go up the season after, or the one after that... We've been yo-yoing for a few years now, I don't see why we couldn't establish ourselves with a decent manager who actually has a plan and good player recruitment
                      I agree. West Brom yo-yo'do and are now a recognised prem club, ok lower half maybe. If you don't bounce back I don't think it gets easier in the following seasons. Too many teams have gone down twice, Leeds, Blackpool etc. You can't risk actually planning to go up in a year or two, you have to go out to win the competition you are in.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                        I will answer after the summer recruitment drive and pre season, if pushed to answer now, we have the better players!
                        Perhaps QPR do have the better players at the moment, but Austin Fer and perhaps Phillips will be sold in the Summer and the money will be used to pay off any fine imposed by the FL.
                        ramsey was appointed in the belief that he can somehow nature another Kane & Mason from QPRs youth players, but they dont actually have any prospects of that quality.

Comment

Fair play mate. All about opinions and stuff. Its just i haven't enjoyed one premier league season since we went up in 2011.
                          True but that is down to not having a proper plan in place during pre season.
                          warnock didn't have a chance with Tango & Cash messing him around.
                          Hughes signed players with a scatter gun approach.whilst the Board screwed up pre season with an Asia tour against p!$$ poor teams.
                          Redkrapp also had a shocking pre season schedule and couldnt sign players until the season was about to kick off. Also relied on keeping Remy when it was obvious to most that he would be sold.
                          if and it is a big if, QPR do go straight back up, Les and the new CEO will be better placed to deal with Pre season than Phil Beard and Fernandes ever were. The latter two are the reason better fixtures and signings were not in place in July.
                          Last edited by stanistheman; 26-05-2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Hull champions
                            Burnley runners up
                            QPR relegated.

Just to keep in with 99.9% of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              Tbf Hits, Austin and Phillips only had 2 seasons of championship football prior to joining us and if anything are examples of the talent that can be found in the lower leagues
                              phillips also had a fairly successful season in the Premiership with Blackpool.
                              One player I hope QPR can sign either loan or permanent, is Alex Pritchard from Spurs. ramsey and Les will know all about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Hull champions
                                Burnley runners up
                                QPR relegated.

Just to keep in with 99.9% of this forum.
                                pmsl
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X