X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Just be miserable. He might get bored.

Comment

I wouldn't say people including me are defending Ramsey. I think a lot of us have used our common sense to realise it was not Ramseys team that got relegated and when he joined the wasn't able to really implement his ideas and philosophies.

People keep referring to pulls at west brom, pardew at palace and sherwood at villa and I would still argue that they had significantly better squids which were a lot more balanced and more importantly squads all pulling in the same direction. QPR are so unbalanced in so many departments throughout the club it was a nightmare scenario when he took over.

Some of his selections were questionable and I think a couple were mistakes which all manager make at times and some were justified due to the bad attitudes and lack of talent in the squad.

Fact is he's our manager and what we should all be doing is judging him around Xmas time when he's had time with les to assemble a new QPR. That's when to judge hi as there will be no where to hide with his own team.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Well its true mate lol. You can't have a debate with the guy without him showing some sort of disdain for your opinion. And any kind of positivity at all, no matter how small, is immediately stamped out by him. So fark it, if you can't beat em, join em and all that. And don't even get me started on pitch invasions. What a load of old codswallop that was! Imagine people running onto the pitch last game of the season!! Absolutely diabolical behavior, the club should be fined and relegated again for failing to control its fans
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

And don't even get me started on pitch invasions. What a load of old codswallop that was! Imagine people running onto the pitch last game of the season!! Absolutely diabolical behavior, the club should be fined and relegated again for failing to control its fans
          Shoot on site i say. Arm all stewards with automatic firearms. Save us all from the embarrassment of pitch invasions

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            I wouldn't say people including me are defending Ramsey. I think a lot of us have used our common sense to realise it was not Ramseys team that got relegated and when he joined the wasn't able to really implement his ideas and philosophies.

People keep referring to pulls at west brom, pardew at palace and sherwood at villa and I would still argue that they had significantly better squids which were a lot more balanced and more importantly squads all pulling in the same direction. QPR are so unbalanced in so many departments throughout the club it was a nightmare scenario when he took over.

Some of his selections were questionable and I think a couple were mistakes which all manager make at times and some were justified due to the bad attitudes and lack of talent in the squad.

Fact is he's our manager and what we should all be doing is judging him around Xmas time when he's had time with les to assemble a new QPR. That's when to judge hi as there will be no where to hide with his own team.
            Easy excuse to say it wasn't his team and cover over the failings. I bet had Ramsey kept us up you and anyone else wouldnt be saying "Oh well it wasn't his team so he didn't do that well" Same way fans of Villa are not demoting the job Sherwood has done keeping them up and taking them to an FA cup final because it is not "his team." It is the managers job to get the best out of the players and improve squad harmony/player attitudes etc. Simple fact is Pardew, Sherwood and Pulis did it well and Ramsey didnt.

Comment

None of us know quite yet what to make of CR, or what he's capable of doing with a full season at the helm. What we DO know so far is that CR is not a scintillating motivator for the fan base. Lots of smiles, lots of cliches and pointless patter, but no demonstration of fire and guts, of a mentality that says mediocrity and half-commitment WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED, that he'd rather lose Burnley-like will all players on the pitch ALL IN til the final whistle, than survive with a dreary show of boring play. CR's job, IMO, includes rallying the fan base after the heart-wrenching disappointments of the past few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                Easy excuse to say it wasn't his team and cover over the failings. I bet had Ramsey kept us up you and anyone else wouldnt be saying "Oh well it wasn't his team so he didn't do that well" Same way fans of Villa are not demoting the job Sherwood has done keeping them up and taking them to an FA cup final because it is not "his team." It is the managers job to get the best out of the players and improve squad harmony/player attitudes etc. Simple fact is Pardew, Sherwood and Pulis did it well and Ramsey didnt.
                Yeah but you have to look at it logically and at the calibre of squads. All the teams you mentioned, the incoming managers done a great job which I completely agree with you on that.
                But all of them went into jobs where they had much better squads to work with and more quality to choose from.
                The QPR job with our players was the hardest of the lot. It's not a excuse it's a fact.

Comment

Guy showed nothing in the 14 or so games to make me think he deserved the job full time. Making some very odd decisions along the way. I don't care what part of the season it was or who was playing to lose 5-1 at Leicester is not acceptable.

Yes i have seen 100 times people say "It's not his team/players etc" That is the easy excuse. Part of being a good manager is being able to get the best out of whatever you have to work with. For example Pulis at West Brom, Pardew at Palace and dare i say it Sherwood at Villa. All got the best out of what they had to work with. Am confident with any of those guys in charge we wouldn't have got beat 5-1 at Leicester and would have had more chance of staying up.

What an earth has anyone seen in the guy as a manager to be optimistic about next season? Not to mention he is concerned "we could get relegated to League One"
                  good post sir, worst was at man city " on u go shaun get some applause from the home fans , u deserve that me ol' mate"

Comment

Yeah but you have to look at it logically and at the calibre of squads. All the teams you mentioned, the incoming managers done a great job which I completely agree with you on that.
                    But all of them went into jobs where they had much better squads to work with and more quality to choose from.
                    The QPR job with our players was the hardest of the lot. It's not a excuse it's a fact.
                    I don't think anyone would've kept us up, they might have got more points than CR but not keep us up.

Comment

It's an opinion not a fact. Villa especially were in real trouble before Sherwood came in. The main reason most QPR fans are annoyed and frustrated we went down this season is because apart from the top 8/10 teams in the Premiership, all the other squads are much the same quality wise. To say Villa, West Brom and Palace had "much better squads" is just wrong. This is highlighted in the fact that the 3 relegated teams should have been well down and adrift of safety long before they were officially relegated. It's only the fact that a lot of the teams around them were not much better that it took so long to get relegated. It could have been any 3 from 9 that could have gone which shows all the squads were fairly similar.

Hopefully Ramsey comes good. The evidence suggests he is a great coach but not a manager.

Comment

I do know the difference between posting on a thread and private messaging
                        Just checking... As you seem to like talking about me.

Comment

It's an opinion not a fact. Villa especially were in real trouble before Sherwood came in. The main reason most QPR fans are annoyed and frustrated we went down this season is because apart from the top 8/10 teams in the Premiership, all the other squads are much the same quality wise. To say Villa, West Brom and Palace had "much better squads" is just wrong. This is highlighted in the fact that the 3 relegated teams should have been well down and adrift of safety long before they were officially relegated. It's only the fact that a lot of the teams around them were not much better that it took so long to get relegated. It could have been any 3 from 9 that could have gone which shows all the squads were fairly similar.

Hopefully Ramsey comes good. The evidence suggests he is a great coach but not a manager.
                          Not defending CR as he has a lot to prove, but I'm pretty sure the clubs you have mentioned there have full backs, mobile centre halves, at least 1 left winger and more than 1 centre forward.

Ramsey has made some weirdo tactical decisions, but he was left with a stinking pile of shite from Redknapp.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            Not defending CR as he has a lot to prove, but I'm pretty sure the clubs you have mentioned there have full backs, mobile centre halves, at least 1 left winger and more than 1 centre forward.

Ramsey has made some weirdo tactical decisions, but he was left with a stinking pile of shite from Redknapp.
                            Great point well made. The clubs who managers came in and "saved" had squads far less imbalanced than we had plus seemed to have more options than us - well, at least more than 1 striker !

Comment

Working...
                            X