QPR closing in on Luongo and Gladwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    We can't go around buying anyone and everyone who happens to have some good games.
    But they didnt did they?
    Byrne and Stainrod impressed against QPR, but Im sure the scouts then did some homework before making their minds up to bid. And both players proved tobe excellent signings.

Comment

Why are people saying they have signed have I missed something

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        But they didnt did they?
        Byrne and Stainrod impressed against QPR, but Im sure the scouts then did some homework before making their minds up to bid. And both players proved tobe excellent signings.
        They did indeed.

To be honest, I'm delighted if it's true we are signing these two. Not only are they promising youngsters with plenty of first team experience, but apparently they share a house so are probably good mates so should help them to settle in more easily. But the most important thing for me is that we have gone out and done it so quickly, rather than the usual approach of messing around all summer waiting to see if some over hyped loser feels we aren't beneath his aspirations.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          They did indeed.

To be honest, I'm delighted if it's true we are signing these two. Not only are they promising youngsters with plenty of first team experience, but apparently they share a house so are probably good mates so should help them to settle in more easily. But the most important thing for me is that we have gone out and done it so quickly, rather than the usual approach of messing around all summer waiting to see if some over hyped loser feels we aren't beneath his aspirations.
          If these two do turn up today (hope they do) who will they replace? Barton + Fer?

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
            If these two do turn up today (hope they do) who will they replace? Barton + Fer?
            Yes, or maybe Sandro and Henry. IOW we have no idea right now re who's staying and who's leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
              Adam Miller? Stuart wardley (although he did have that amazing patch scoring goals)
              No, Chris wright scrapped the youth set up and scouting network to save money and Francis signed Wardley for peanuts.
              Miller was a Holloway signing like Bonnot and co i.e. desperate skint club.
              They were not really scouted properly.
              QPR have had a 3rd rate scouting system for the last 17 years hence the many dross and over the hill signings. Austin and Phillips did not need scouting as they were known players who has proven records.

Comment

Aussie news saying we've signed Luongo

https://twitter.com/DanielGarb/statu...80297066336256
                Not sure who I feel about this, on one hand he was player of the tournament in the Asia Cup which is outstanding for a league one player (Kagawa and a few other high profile names were in the tournament dont forget) however a few Swindon fans I know have said hes really gone off the boil since the tournament.

Also if you scroll the same journo says we're signing Gladwin as well (dont know alot about him)
                i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Id rather Sandro and Henry go over Barton.

Fer will go no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Yes, or maybe Sandro and Henry. IOW we have no idea right now re who's staying and who's leaving.
                    Barton is out of contract and Fer is a saleable asset, that's why I stated those two..... Personally I'd be happy with that, like Henry as a stopper and Sandro would be a monster in the Champ IF fit............ And that's a massive IF!

Comment

Luongo was brilliant when he played against us a couple of seasons ago.

Real potential. Great signing if true.

Comment

The little i've seen of him he seems a propect, and on the Swindon forum they think he's class. At 22 I'm defo gonna give him the benefit of the doubt anyway, could be an excellent signing.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Barton is out of contract and Fer is a saleable asset, that's why I stated those two..... Personally I'd be happy with that, like Henry as a stopper and Sandro would be a monster in the Champ IF fit............ And that's a massive IF!
                          Sandro stayed fit for most of the 2nd half of the season until the work-permit admin fiasco ruled him out. He still has 2 years left on his contract and I'd like him to stay too.

Comment

Know nothing about him but would rather be linked with him than some 38 year old Italian that once nutmegged Roberto Baggio during a Bologna training session in the lead up to France 98.
                            Last edited by MattyRangers; 27-05-2015, 02:17 PM.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Know nothing about him but would rather be linked to him than some 38 year old Italian that once nutmegged Roberto Baggio during a Bologna training session in the lead up to France 98.
                              Massimo Mauro?

Comment

Luongo is a good player, seen him play a couple of times. Gladwin have no idea about I know he scored 2 hatricks from midfield last season though!

Comment

Working...
                                X