No announcement yet.

Joey Barton .. player/ coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Surrey Hoop. That exchange got out of hand. It shouldn't have. We disagree, but we're all entitled to our opinions on here so I'm sorry to have been rude to you. Watching Ramsey's rubbish worsened my mood. But that's no excuse. My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Sorry Surrey Hoop. That exchange got out of hand. It shouldn't have. We disagree, but we're all entitled to our opinions on here so I'm sorry to have been rude to you. Watching Ramsey's rubbish worsened my mood. But that's no excuse. My apologies.
      Good man 77 At least youre not just "an ignorant pig - so live with it".

Only kidding Jimmy!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Good man 77 At least youre not just "an ignorant pig - so live with it".

Only kidding Jimmy!
        Ha. But I am. And I live with it......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Absolutely no harm done and I completely understand. Classy of you to apologise.

Comment

i don't get this obsession with giving ex-players coaching roles.

I'd steer clear. Barton's on big wages, overrates himself and has been divisive throughout his career. Maybe he'll be a decent coach, but let him earn his badges and prove himself before considering anything. We need to start giving jobs out based on merit, not sentiment or connections..

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
              Maybe you should use your eyes to watch the Manchester City incident again - when he had to be literally dragged off by Kevin Hitchcock before starting a fight with Balloelli....who was on the City bench. This after he had elbowed Tevez, kicked Aguero and attempted to nut Kompany. Regarding the Twitter war, at no point was Marsh rude or disrespectful towards Barton. Our Joey on the other hand described one of the greatest players we have ever had as "a skint, washed-up former player full of hatred". I dont think it matters who started it or what Marsh's history with QPR is - that is entirely unprofessional behaviour from the captain of any football club. Same for the Marseille Tweet (he wasn't treated like #### - he was lucky that he still had a QPR contract to come back to). And the Hull sending off. All this after he was seemingly a reformed character, wh had stubbed out a cigar in another pro's eye, beaten a team-mate half to death and smashed the life out of an innocent man in the middle of the street. You seem prepared to apologise for (and worse still attempt to rationalise) every Barton misdemenour, simply because he works hard and apparently cares for the club (even though as I remember he waited until the 11th hour to sign for us in the first place, after he had no other offers). Sorry, but that doesn't cut it for me. I want a coach at the club who is / was a model professional, and can set an example to young players both on and off the field how they should conduct themselves. Any way you want to cut it, that man isn't Barton.

Absolutely astonished that some on here consider that nosnense of yours to be a great post.
              so you don't like barton then

Comment

Absolutely no harm done and I completely understand. Classy of you to apologise.
                Cheers, mate. Good of you to accept. I ought confine myself to dancing around my handbag.....

Comment

That is a completely arbitrary argument. Do you have any evidence to support that claim?
                  Don't you watch the same games as me? Henry never hides and clearly gives everything. Barton can be nutter but, slapping Huddlestone's old chap aside - I believe his version that it was meant to be lighthearted - he has calmed down from that ridiculous spectacle at City. Plays like two people week in, week out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Imo Hill's the man for coach. Model pro, true professional who people will look up too. Also saw an interview with him recently where he was saying how much he's falling in love with the club and fans, this would be great to get across to our players, maybe give them a bit of fight to play for us. Reckon thats our man to bring into the backroom set up.... Think Joey's easily good enough for the Championship and would be solid for us again, the only problem for with him is his wages.
                    Careful mate, too much sense in that post. Totally agree.

Comment

I guess Barton is our very own marmite.

I find it hard to believe that those who support him think there are no facts to support all of his many failings. Surely nobody disputes that he got DESERVEDLY sent off against Manchester City, leaving us with ten men in a match we needed to win to ensure survival? Or that he was DESERVEDLY suspended for TWELVE games as a result? Or that he goes on Twitter to #### off his team mates and former QPR players? Those, my friends, are facts.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        Don't you watch the same games as me? Henry never hides and clearly gives everything. Barton can be nutter but, slapping Huddlestone's old chap aside - I believe his version that it was meant to be lighthearted - he has calmed down from that ridiculous spectacle at City. Plays like two people week in, week out.
                        Again, that isn't definitive proof (or even supports your claim) that he is consistently one of the 2 hardest workers in the team. I have seen a number of games (especially in our last Championship season) when he was a virtual spectator. I didn't disagree with you on Henry either.
                        Last edited by surrey_hoop; 25-05-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          so you don't like barton then
                          I don't think he should have any part to play at the club once his contract expires - costs far too much, always needs to be the centre of attenion, and is simply not the sort of human being we should associating ourselves with if we truly intend to repair our image within football. Whether I like him or not is a complete irrelevance.
                          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 25-05-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Maybe you should use your eyes to watch the Manchester City incident again - when he had to be literally dragged off by Kevin Hitchcock before starting a fight with Balloelli....who was on the City bench. This after he had elbowed Tevez, kicked Aguero and attempted to nut Kompany. Regarding the Twitter war, at no point was Marsh rude or disrespectful towards Barton. Our Joey on the other hand described one of the greatest players we have ever had as "a skint, washed-up former player full of hatred". I dont think it matters who started it or what Marsh's history with QPR is - that is entirely unprofessional behaviour from the captain of any football club. Same for the Marseille Tweet (he wasn't treated like #### - he was lucky that he still had a QPR contract to come back to). And the Hull sending off. All this after he was seemingly a reformed character, wh had stubbed out a cigar in another pro's eye, beaten a team-mate half to death and smashed the life out of an innocent man in the middle of the street. You seem prepared to apologise for (and worse still attempt to rationalise) every Barton misdemenour, simply because he works hard and apparently cares for the club (even though as I remember he waited until the 11th hour to sign for us in the first place, after he had no other offers). Sorry, but that doesn't cut it for me. I want a coach at the club who is / was a model professional, and can set an example to young players both on and off the field how they should conduct themselves. Any way you want to cut it, that man isn't Barton.

Absolutely astonished that some on here consider that nosnense of yours to be a great post.
                            Yeah because that Mario balloettli is so mid understood and such a nice chap, and tevez doesn't have small man syndrome and people should stop bullying him pls. I'd love to right hook both t w ATS. Not defending Barton as he clearly has a short fuse but those two mugs got away far to lightly
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Yeah because that Mario balloettli is so mid understood and such a nice chap, and tevez doesn't have small man syndrome and people should stop bullying him pls. I'd love to right hook both t w ATS. Not defending Barton as he clearly has a short fuse but those two mugs got away far to lightly
                              I never stated that the Man City players were completely blameless parties. I agree that Tevez got away lightly.

Comment

Working...
                              X