Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we so pony at bringing through youth players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we so pony at bringing through youth players?

What did Les say the other day, 16 years since we had a youth player come through the academy to become a first team regular?

You look at other London sides in this division and they're all producing decent youth players that are getting in to the first team.

It can't be the area either as Fulham have a great youth team that reached the FA Youth Cup Final last season.

So yeah, why can't we?
    I should probably write something insightful here

Not sure theres a particular reason why more a combination of reasons, and one being are they given a real chance?... Sure they've got to be good enough, but now Les a Ramsey are here I feel thats 1 of the reasons/issues that will be addressed. I think all the time they're here they'll do their up most to develop the youth and interact them with the 1st team.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Maybe it's time for the coaches that have been there for a while to move on, obviously not working is it. I know there has been some in and outs there in the last 4-5 years but that is all at high level.. Think a major clear out is needed and allow this Suckling fella to bring his own team in.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Are we pony though, looks like we have got five or six young players ready to step up tomthe first team or at least on the bench.

Comment

Chris Wright disbanded our academy almost 20 years ago and we only just recently got it issued , the Gallens did well with the centre of excellence but they could only work with what C of E can attract

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Are we pony though, looks like we have got five or six young players ready to step up tomthe first team or at least on the bench.
            Only because we will be playing in the Championship and getting rid of some expensive senior players. I guess this is one silver lining on this relegation cloud.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

We are way behind in terms of quality of academy (facilities, coaches etc) and recruitment of youngsters. Nothing to do with our immediate area, the best teams now recruit all over the country. Southampton have satellite academys where they have nurtured players like Bale who were not from the immediate Southampton area. We also need to start poaching youngsters from other academys again like Southampton have done with some of their better players (walcott, lallana) but it can be a risk as it will cost money and theres no guarantee they will make it. Its also a catch 22 situation because the fact we havent had any youngsters coming through for so long, kids are put off coming to us and instead will go to clubs where there is a clear pathway from academy to 1st team.

Comment

its frustrating was talking to my mate who's nipper is at brentford, he sayes that they trounce QPR at youth level

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                  What did Les say the other day, 16 years since we had a youth player come through the academy to become a first team regular?

You look at other London sides in this division and they're all producing decent youth players that are getting in to the first team.

It can't be the area either as Fulham have a great youth team that reached the FA Youth Cup Final last season.

So yeah, why can't we?
                  we cant compete with the London clubs around us , and haven't been able to for a good while now, Fulham is a good example there facilities are light years ahead of ours, when your competing for the best kids in a age group first impressions are key and our training set up sadly doesn't help attract kids and if we do have a young talent they are almost certain to be snapped up by bigger clubs , this is why this new training ground is essential for qpr as a team to progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X