QPR to challenge ffp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR to challenge ffp

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9846074?

In a statement the club said: “Legal proceedings are ongoing between Queens Park Rangers and the Football League. QPR challenges the legality of the Football League’s Championship Financial Fair Play Rules and any charge against QPR (if any) for breach of FFP Rules shall not be commenced pending the outcome of that challenge.

“The proceedings are confidential in nature and neither party is entitled to comment upon the proceedings until the independent arbitral panel has delivered its decision.”

Clubs that are still within the Football League that break FFP rules can be punished with various sanctions, including the deduction of points and transfer embargoes restricting further activity.

However, the only means with which to provide a deterrent for those clubs promoted outside of the Football League was to fine them. There is no precedent for a club in QPR’s situation returning to the Championship and Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey has refused to rule out the prospect of QPR being kicked out of the professional game if they do not pay the fine.

Comment

Can someone explain in layman's terms how did we come to breach those rules and other clubs did not? When Faurlin's registration fiasco happened, Gianni was quickly and quite justly identified as the culprit. But which individual at the club is to blame for this new epic fail?
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

So we're definitely getting a fine then, ####ing useless.
        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

My interpretation of that is we are expecting a pretty big fine. It's just QPR's luck though that the rules were changed the season after as they weren't workable. Surely this must count for something.

Comment

This clown could have us playing Conference football next season if he fails to cough up the £58m, and some people on here still think he's the saviour of the club. You couldn't make it up.
            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 11-05-2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Nothing story for me and as for a huge fine can’t see it happening; both parties will agree some form of compromise so everyone saves face

Think it will be near on impossible for the FL to justify punishing a team under rules that they have admitted are not workable and have modified in response, furthermore, while UK employment law does not allow you to rip up employment contracts willynilly overnight how they expect us to reduce costs like magic is impossible; the intention is right but the rules are unfair and against the law of the land in the form they are being applied. I think this is more a problem for the FL then it is for us and if we chose to play hard ball and take it all the way think we would have a comfortable win hence why there will be compromise

There is also talk that Man City are on verge of challenging FFP too so if we have any sense we will be sharing knowledge etc with them

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Nothing story for me and as for a huge fine can’t see it happening; both parties will agree some form of compromise so everyone saves face

Think it will be near on impossible for the FL to justify punishing a team under rules that they have admitted are not workable and have modified in response, furthermore, while UK employment law does not allow you to rip up employment contracts willynilly overnight how they expect us to reduce costs like magic is impossible; the intention is right but the rules are unfair and against the law of the land in the form they are being applied. I think this is more a problem for the FL then it is for us and if we chose to play hard ball and take it all the way think we would have a comfortable win hence why there will be compromise

There is also talk that Man City are on verge of challenging FFP too so if we have any sense we will be sharing knowledge etc with them
                Spot on. How can they charge us for rules that they have had to change !!?

Comment

Comment

Fernandes Out.

Comment

Fernandes in

Comment

Yep. The only people getting rich out of this will be the lawyers. Any of them with half a braincell will take the FL to the cleaners. It goes against pretty much every right to trade freely - let alone being defamatory.

So there will definitely be a face-saving compromise as you mention.

Still - a right state be in though. Only down the Rangers.........

http://www.matrixlaw.co.uk/uploads/o...%28word%29.pdf
                        Last edited by maverick69; 11-05-2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Well explained mate. I agree. TF even voted in favour of the rules but they were brought in too early before existing player contracts were worked through.

Comment

Surely Tony's interest will be able to pay the fine. Or shall we get the buckets out
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                              Fernandes in
                              Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              Fernandes Out.
                              Fernandes shake it all about!

Comment

Working...
                              X