Five we MUST keep for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five we MUST keep for 2015

(1) Joey Barton -- enough talent to fare well at the Championship level, and is one of the few on the team that gives 100% to win every game
    (2) Matty Phillips -- he finally started to develop into a solid player, and at second level could become one of the better players in the league
    (3) Alex McCarthy -- a ready replacement for Green when the latter moves to another club
    (4) Darnell Furlong -- has all the right technical and leadership skills to be a real factor in our future
    (5) Richard Dunne/Clint Hill -- good enough at Champ level, keep one to lend maturity and attitude to a newly revamped defense

Wouldn't have Barton, too expensive, not good enough and I dislike him too put it mildly

Matty Phillips will go, we will get good money for him, if we get 7-8mill I would let him go. Would like him to stay but he will want to stay in prem I reckon.

Alex McCarthy should be put in now, RB will be back up but could go. If we get 2-3mill I think it will be good money. AM should be a starter next season.

Darnell furlong should be another starter depending on pre season and depending on the new manager of coach.

Hill/Dunne. Maybe a coaching role for one of them but I wouldn't have either playing. Been there done it, time for a change.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

1) Yep, but on half the wages (at most)
      2) Agreed, but I suspect any offer over £3m will get him.
      3) Unconvinced, judging by his 1 full game for us. We'd better hope the Blades don't make it up through the Playoffs ! Green may still be the better option.
      4) Possibly, did OK at Hull, but our Managers decision to play him in his next 2 games v @rsenal (Sanchez) & Palarse (Bolasie) were suicidal.
      5) Dunne - Yep, as he's a year younger. Keep Hill as a coach (I hope he's been doing his badges ?)

Comment

Yun as well for me, inconsistent at prem level but would almost certainly do a job in the champs, we played him towards the end of our season in the champs and he did really well
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
          Yun as well for me, inconsistent at prem level but would almost certainly do a job in the champs, we played him towards the end of our season in the champs and he did really well

Mmmm ! He did OK, and scored a cracker at Barnsley when there was very little to play for.

I think I WANT him to do better than I THINK he does.
          I can't see many other teams going for him, certainly not Premiership teams or us getting much of a fee with only 1 year remaining on his contract. So I've a hunch he'll still be with us come August and probably starting 1st game.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
            (1) Joey Barton -- enough talent to fare well at the Championship level, and is one of the few on the team that gives 100% to win every game
            (2) Matty Phillips -- he finally started to develop into a solid player, and at second level could become one of the better players in the league
            (3) Alex McCarthy -- a ready replacement for Green when the latter moves to another club
            (4) Darnell Furlong -- has all the right technical and leadership skills to be a real factor in our future
            (5) Richard Dunne/Clint Hill -- good enough at Champ level, keep one to lend maturity and attitude to a newly revamped defense
            Barton has to go simply because we are paying him FAR too much. Addressing our wage bill needs to be a top priority.

Agree with all the others though.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Hill and Dunne are getting older ffs
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Barton has to go. Too much drama with him, add to that he is not very good. Trys hard and fly's into tackles, but 60k a week or whatever he is on you expect more (goes for all the squad that last bit tbh).
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                  Hill and Dunne are getting older ffs
                  Hill as player/coach and dunne on a rolling 1 year deal is a very good option for the club
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

would love to see joey stay ut would need to take one hell of a pay cut?
                    Matt Philips will be gone we'll get offers for him
                    McCarthy could be good if no one decides they want him otherwise he's gone too
                    Furlong Doughty still going to be here
                    as fo Hill & Dunne both 36 years old should we really be keeping them? should be building for the future!, as coaches maybe but they should be playing very little if at all

Comment

We need to keep More than 5. We all know it's a massive rebuilding project but we have to be sensible and even tf and the board have to make a stance somewhere with who we let go.

Yes we have to sell and clear the wage bill but of we sell all the best players we will get relegated. There has to be a limit to this fire sale.

I would keep the following based on them being good enough fornthencha,pion ship and squad balance ect -

McCarthy - one of the best keepers in the league straight away
                      Onohua - because we need to sell either him or caulker and I'd jog caulker on.
                      Yun - decent on at this level
                      Robinson - great competition for yun when he's back for
                      Dunne - 1 year deal used as a squad player of needed on low salary
                      Phillips - we should do everything to keep him. 2 years left in his deal and we should put our feet down and set a very high valuation or keep him one more year.
                      Barton - hate him or love him if we can renegotiate a massive cut on his wages he gives a crap about qpr and a 1 year deal in the championship a league he's played in twice before he would be a valuable player.
                      Fer - again same as Phillips - he kind of owes us and has 2 years left on his deal
                      Henry - 1 year deal squad player can be relied on to step in for odd game or tighten up the team for 20-30 mins.
                      Faurlin - pay as you play to see if he can last as we all know if he gets fit he's like a new signing but we have to be ruthless with the terms we offer.

That's 9 players to retain - it's keeps a decent nucleus and all of the above can perform to a very decent championship level. We all want a investment in youth or mid 20 players who know the championship ect but we must still have a few experienced heads around. Having ned, Joey, Henry and dunne will be good for the club. We just need 4 or 5 of these types not 14 or 15.

If we add petrasso, doughty, furlong, Sutherland and cox to the 9 we have 14/15 players. Still a big investment needed. Up to 10 players but if we invest wisely we could have a very good season.
                      We need to buy a couple of wingers, strikers, rb prob 2 cbs and cm and will have to work the loan market effectively to.

But we must retain some of the squad we have 8 or 9 good pros who should be with us in the championship next year that the board should take a stance on and say they are not going anywhere.

If we can sell Austin, green, Sandro, caulker, traore, hoilett, and adel then we have done good business if you add the 8 or 9'that are out of contract like Swp, Ferdinand, Zamora, hill ect that we just have to move on. Biggest worry is moving on hoilett, traore and adel who I believe are the bad eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        We need to keep More than 5. We all know it's a massive rebuilding project but we have to be sensible and even tf and the board have to make a stance somewhere with who we let go.

Yes we have to sell and clear the wage bill but of we sell all the best players we will get relegated. There has to be a limit to this fire sale.

I would keep the following based on them being good enough fornthencha,pion ship and squad balance ect -

McCarthy - one of the best keepers in the league straight away
                        Onohua - because we need to sell either him or caulker and I'd jog caulker on.
                        Yun - decent on at this level
                        Robinson - great competition for yun when he's back for
                        Dunne - 1 year deal used as a squad player of needed on low salary
                        Phillips - we should do everything to keep him. 2 years left in his deal and we should put our feet down and set a very high valuation or keep him one more year.
                        Barton - hate him or love him if we can renegotiate a massive cut on his wages he gives a crap about qpr and a 1 year deal in the championship a league he's played in twice before he would be a valuable player.
                        Fer - again same as Phillips - he kind of owes us and has 2 years left on his deal
                        Henry - 1 year deal squad player can be relied on to step in for odd game or tighten up the team for 20-30 mins.
                        Faurlin - pay as you play to see if he can last as we all know if he gets fit he's like a new signing but we have to be ruthless with the terms we offer.

That's 9 players to retain - it's keeps a decent nucleus and all of the above can perform to a very decent championship level. We all want a investment in youth or mid 20 players who know the championship ect but we must still have a few experienced heads around. Having ned, Joey, Henry and dunne will be good for the club. We just need 4 or 5 of these types not 14 or 15.

If we add petrasso, doughty, furlong, Sutherland and cox to the 9 we have 14/15 players. Still a big investment needed. Up to 10 players but if we invest wisely we could have a very good season.
                        We need to buy a couple of wingers, strikers, rb prob 2 cbs and cm and will have to work the loan market effectively to.

But we must retain some of the squad we have 8 or 9 good pros who should be with us in the championship next year that the board should take a stance on and say they are not going anywhere.

If we can sell Austin, green, Sandro, caulker, traore, hoilett, and adel then we have done good business if you add the 8 or 9'that are out of contract like Swp, Ferdinand, Zamora, hill ect that we just have to move on. Biggest worry is moving on hoilett, traore and adel who I believe are the bad eggs.
                        Can't see Fer staying, think we should sell him for probs £8m ish? Spend about a mill of that getting Sandro 100% fit for the season.

Other than thet agree with all you say.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Can't see Fer staying, think we should sell him for probs £8m ish? Spend about a mill of that getting Sandro 100% fit for the season.

Other than thet agree with all you say.
                          I'd say those sales at the end could get us 40mil in transfers alone plus 290k per week from their salaries, plus as you said the end of contracts for swp, ferdinand, Zamora and hill who alone would equate to about 180k per week.

In a year, the profit from all these together is 64.44 Mil (24.44 from 1 years wages) That could be huge for us. Add on the that that if barton were to resign, I believe it would only be on half the salary of i'd assume an original 60k, same with dunne and henry and I'm sure the board have learnt to put in a relegation wage drop for new players like Fer and McCarthy. Overall, it could be a positive summer if the business in is done correctly
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            Can't see Fer staying, think we should sell him for probs £8m ish? Spend about a mill of that getting Sandro 100% fit for the season
                            Or sell Sandro and buy someone who is not injured all the time!

Comment

Don't want Hill or Dunne anywhere near the team. We have to go up (whenever) with non-OAP CB's who know each others game inside out.

Comment

Working...
                              X