Tony Fernandes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Fernandes

I'm I the only person sick of hearing fans turning on Tony Fernandes.....?

Yes he's partly to blame for this mess, shortsighted in transfers, trusting managers, being taken for a ride by agents. His errors are through naivety and trust.

But what I see is a man prepared to take a risk to push this club forward, a man that true faults are believing in people, a man that recognising we need to build for the future (training ground / stadium), a. man that's not looking to walk away when his luck's out.

Be careful what you wish for because we could do a lot worse. Fernandes if he wanted to could walk away. If Tony were to walk and the club have "debts" as high as some believe we'd go into administration and wouldn't find a buyer until debts are cleared. Without Tony the future could be very bleak.

Id rather have an owner and chairman that's prepared to stick out than one that walks when the going is tough. We are and will be a better club with Tony and his clan at the helm.

thank you mrs fernandes
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
      thank you mrs fernandes

Comment

Originally posted by TerryH View Post
        I'm I the only person sick of hearing fans turning on Tony Fernandes.....?

Yes he's partly to blame for this mess, shortsighted in transfers, trusting managers, being taken for a ride by agents. His errors are through naivety and trust.

But what I see is a man prepared to take a risk to push this club forward, a man that true faults are believing in people, a man that recognising we need to build for the future (training ground / stadium), a. man that's not looking to walk away when his luck's out.

Be careful what you wish for because we could do a lot worse. Fernandes if he wanted to could walk away. If Tony were to walk and the club have "debts" as high as some believe we'd go into administration and wouldn't find a buyer until debts are cleared. Without Tony the future could be very bleak.

Id rather have an owner and chairman that's prepared to stick out than one that walks when the going is tough. We are and will be a better club with Tony and his clan at the helm.
        I tend to agree..3 of the 4 years of his tenure have been in the top division and the other resulted in Promotion..he is trying to do things right and has been badly let down by managers and players....

Comment

To be honest I like Tony, but we're in a worse position now than we were when he bought the club, and that aint good.

Comment

Tony is not to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
              Tony is not to blame.
              If this season we finished 9th with a 1/4 final appearance in the FA cup, he would (rightly) take most of the plaudits...so he can't now be immune from criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                If this season we finished 9th with a 1/4 final appearance in the FA cup, he would (rightly) take most of the plaudits...so he can't now be immune from criticism.
                He is not immune....but he is not the bad guy that many on here think

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  Amen to this.

Comment

Fernandes will justifably have his detractors (of which I am one) for promising a lot and delivering little. I could give you numerous examples of his words blowing up in his face, if not for the fact that I know it would be a waste of time. For you to say that you're sick of people "turning" on Fernandes does make me question why you're on a forum in the first place - the entire point is that other fans on here have opinions that differ to your own.
                    Last edited by surrey_hoop; 10-05-2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      i dont think anyone thinks hes a bad guy ,if he was ,we`d have turned on him ,ages ago.
                      He`s a good guy ,who is absolutely s hit at running a football club
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                        i dont think anyone thinks hes a bad guy ,if he was ,we`d have turned on him ,ages ago.
                        He`s a good guy ,who is absolutely s hit at running a football club
                        But he cannot be held fully accountable for the disasters that Hughes and Redknapp created.

We all say a chairman should not interfere with the team, which he hasn't.

All he has done is give financial backing to managers with pretty good CVs, and let them get on with it. I guess that was his main "mistake".

As the OP said we would be royally farked without him and the other shareholders, so he gets my backing all the way, and I am confident that we will be back sooner than later and stronger than before.

Last time we went down, lots of doom mongers were saying we won't be back for years etc, but we turned it round pretty quickly.

Comment

The problem with society nowadays is that no-one is responsible for anything anymore, always someone else's fault.

When things go right the guy at the top is rightly commended, when things go wrong it's nobodies fault? Nah. Plenty of people responsible, but the buck stops with the top guy, he makes all the decisions.

Comment

So you would prefer us back in the old 3rd and 4th division again would you.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                              Fernandes will justifably have his detractors (of which I am one) for promising a lot and delivering little. I could give you numerous examples of his words blowing up in his face, if not for the fact that I know it would be a waste of time. For you to say that you're sick of people "turning" on Fernandes does make me question why you're on a forum in the first place - the entire point is that other fans on here have opinions that differ to your own.
                              So you would prefer us to return to the old days of collection tins never knowing if we were going to survive or not, get real.

Comment

Working...
                              X