Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Fernandes Upbeat And Still Loyal To QPR. The Full Statement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have good people in the club NOW........now? So we've had poor people in the club before then? Yes, and why did you keep them for so long?

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
      A shareholder loan is still a type of debt, it's not as if the shareholders out of the kindness of their hearts bequeathed millions of pounds to the club, with the shareholders not requiring to ever see their money again.
      With the loans they still get interest and repayment, it's not a gift.
      I think that's where a number of people on here would disagree with you. They appear to be under the impression that Fernandes will continue to rob Peter to pay Paul. Obviously the financial success (or significant lack thereof) at QPR impacts greatly on his other business ventures, including Air Asia. He is not simply going to continue to use his other assets to keep us as a going concern, and as you say he certainly isn't going to continue to wipe off shareholder debt £60million at a time. The culture and the ethos of the club needs to change, which in my mind requires Fernandes relinquishing the chairmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        Plus, i'm too busy watching irish gypo's fighting it out..............
        Ever seen "Knuckle" Hits? Good film that.

Comment

Good to hear from tony. I feel we are on the verge of an extended stop in the prem & with some key recruitment over the summer

i'm hopeful we'll have another promotion season to lift the gloom from our deserved relegation.

Comment

Originally posted by D3nisBail3ySliP View Post
            I feel we are on the verge of an extended stop in the prem ...
            I feel we are getting relegated from the prem??
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

im

im always going on about jim gregory as my great hero,but i think tony fernandes will actually surpass jim,dont forget
              jim would sell players just to finance deals outside qpr
              also he wanted to destroy qpr by calling them fulham park rangers but i still love jim gregory

BUT IM 100 PER CENT BEHIND KEVIN MACLOUD ON THIS ONE IF WE DROP NEXT SEASON WE START A NEW REGIME
              A NEW PROJECT TO BUILD A GREAT FOOTBALL TEAM
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                I don't really want ambition right now if I'm being honest. I don't really see what's wrong with a well run club, balancing the books and not spending ludicrous amounts on players that are past their best. Novel idea I know, but it seems to be catching on with a number of Football League clubs. Maybe relegation will be the chance to achieve that.
                This is one of the strangest comments I've ever read. You don't want ambition? We all want growth and expansion of this club and that always requires short term spending. This summer we haven't spent ludicrous amounts on players past their best and then I see people wanting to bring in Rob Huth who were the same people complaining about the transfer direction of the club. But everyone will see whatever they want to see with regards to Fernandes. I see someone who wants to do the best for this club and has gotten stupid abuse from people who aren't happy seeing this club grow. He's hired who many consider the be some of the best managers in the country and it isn't his fault they have failed.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  I feel we are getting relegated from the prem??
                  Stop stirring for no reason
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                    A shareholder loan is still a type of debt, it's not as if the shareholders out of the kindness of their hearts bequeathed millions of pounds to the club, with the shareholders not requiring to ever see their money again.
                    With the loans they still get interest and repayment, it's not a gift.
                    Utter tosh imho. Its like buying a racehorse and spending money on it to train it and care for it and paying out to jockeys to ride it, and then charging yourself interest on what you spend of your own money to make that horse succeed. Of course if it wins things you will make money, but thats the risk you take. I would argue with anyone that nobody is getting a penny interest (or repayment of any kind yet) from the money they have pumped into this club.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Stop stirring for no reason
                      Eh? Just curious about this extended stop in the prem thing? Do people seriously think we will bounce back up again straight away and stay up?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Eh? Just curious about this extended stop in the prem thing? Do people seriously think we will bounce back up again straight away and stay up?
                        Me 100 per cent. And will bet on it as well. Im actually really confident. As much as you hate it, you don't have staff like we have and spend money like we do to not be able to go straight back up. Its just a massive shame we couldnt finish the games on 80 minutes and stayed up.

Comment

Nothing is guaranteed in life, all you can do is try your best.

Comment

I like Fernandes, I really do. However, I do have to admit I am getting slightly bored of the upbeat speeches about how the future is bright when we have not progressed as a football team 1 single bit since we won the Championship in 2010-11. How many millions have been spent, and yet we are back in the Championship once again.

Excuse the pessimistic approach but after this season I, personally, am just a bit fed up of it all.

Wish TF would knock all the publicity on the head, stop trying to be everybody's best mate & concentrate on running the club. You don't see the likes of Abramovich on Twitter talking about how bright the future is.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              This is one of the strangest comments I've ever read. You don't want ambition? We all want growth and expansion of this club and that always requires short term spending. This summer we haven't spent ludicrous amounts on players past their best and then I see people wanting to bring in Rob Huth who were the same people complaining about the transfer direction of the club. But everyone will see whatever they want to see with regards to Fernandes. I see someone who wants to do the best for this club and has gotten stupid abuse from people who aren't happy seeing this club grow. He's hired who many consider the be some of the best managers in the country and it isn't his fault they have failed.
                              That wasn't what I said. My exact words were that I don't want ambition RIGHT NOW. You build a solid foundation, and then you show ambition. Stadiums, players on 100k a week and managers on £4million a year can wait until you have an established (and prudent) financial structure in place. We haven't done that, which has resulted in us living well beyond our means, or at least beyond what the rules allow. Call me crazy, but I honestly don't see anything stange about having that desire. Spending money in the short term was vital, that almost goes without saying. Spending the sort of money that we did (and more pertinently, what it was spent on) was completely ridiculous. Now you can blame whoever you want for this - but the simple fact of the matter is that the buck has to stop with the man in charge.
                              Last edited by surrey_hoop; 05-05-2015, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Me 100 per cent. And will bet on it as well. Im actually really confident. As much as you hate it, you don't have staff like we have and spend money like we do to not be able to go straight back up. Its just a massive shame we couldnt finish the games on 80 minutes and stayed up.
                                I remember that same overwhelming feeling of confidence back in 1996. We eventually deservedly went up with Warnock. We then got very lucky last season via Wembley. Cannot see us getting that good/lucky again for a while now. Might be another 15 or so years.

Comment

Working...
                                X