Be honest - if we win on Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be honest - if we win on Saturday...

...how many of you will believe we can pull off...

?

Sorry, but come Thursday nights I can't help to start gearing up for a Saturday 3pm k.o...and it's the hope that always kills you, right?

I mean this is QPR after all, and you know how we love doing things the hard way

There will always be hope but reality kicks in after the next match.

As Steve McQueen's character (The cooler king) ends up tangled up in barbed wire. Great film though one of my all time favourites
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I would believe
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Can't see us performing well enough to pick up the minimum 3 wins required mate. But if we do get 9 points, the pessimist in me fully expects our rivals to continue picking up unlikely points also.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
          I would believe
          Good man Cali

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Can't see us performing well enough to pick up the minimum 3 wins required mate. But if we do get 9 points, the pessimist in me fully expects our rivals to continue picking up unlikely points also.
            Makes perfect sense mate, but if we do manage to somehow win on Saturday, the optimist in me would be unable to lose complete hope.

Comment

Its a tough one Stan as winning may not be enough it all depends on other results

In theory if we turned over Liverpool you could argue a haul of four points from the two games is decent just in the wrong order

Im crazy but I got a funny feeling were going to turn them over

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Its a tough one Stan as winning may not be enough it all depends on other results

In theory if we turned over Liverpool you could argue a haul of four points from the two games is decent just in the wrong order

Im crazy but I got a funny feeling were going to turn them over
                Villa beat them there Wests, so why can't we? They're in poor form too. It's a huge ask obviously but you just never know, and right now there's really no point looking beyond this match.

Comment

It would be the gurgle of a corpse as putrifaction settles in......

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                    There will always be hope but reality kicks in after the next match.

As Steve McQueen's character (The cooler king) ends up tangled up in barbed wire. Great film though one of my all time favourites
                    Well put there sahn....

Comment

There not in great form Stan and actually look a very beatable side. At the end of the day if these players and the management have any intention of staying up they need three wins the names of who we are playing don't come into it anymore its an irrelevance its simply about winning

Its probably as good a time as any to play Liverpool; knocked out the cup, fans unhappy, team and manager under pressure and not in great form for me take out the serious state of our position we should be coming away with a point at the very least

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        There not in great form Stan and actually look a very beatable side. At the end of the day if these players and the management have any intention of staying up they need three wins the names of who we are playing don't come into it anymore its an irrelevance its simply about winning

Its probably as good a time as any to play Liverpool; knocked out the cup, fans unhappy, team and manager under pressure and not in great form for me take out the serious state of our position we should be coming away with a point at the very least
                        Fair assessment of the situation but how many times have we fluffed our lines this season with last Saturaday against a dire Wet Spam team being the most recent example....

As a fan of 40yrs it's inevitable that Liverpool will suddenly find their form with Mario having a blinder and bagging a brace and finishing with a Stevie G screamer from 35yrds in a 4-0 mauling....:(

Comment

If we win and hull ,leicester, sunderland dont then we are in with a chance anything else forget it

Comment

It would be like flat lining on the operating table and just as there about to switch us off a feint bleep signals life and a glimmer of hope .

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                              If we win and hull ,leicester, sunderland dont then we are in with a chance anything else forget it
                              If we lose and hull, leicester and sunderland all win are we mathematically down?.

Comment

Working...
                              X