No announcement yet.

point for safety...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're down. Hull will get at least a point in their remaining games taking them to 35 points and a better goal difference, so we'd need 9 points at a minimum. I actually think they'll beat Burnley, so we'd need to win all our games.

Leicester will beat Newcastle on Saturday and also have a far better goal difference and pick up points elsewhere.

To be fair, I was always convinced we'd stay up, I didn't see Hull getting more than 4 points before last Friday. We failed to beat West Ham, whilst they've beat Palace and Liverpool, that was the final nail in the coffin.

We only have ourselves to blame. Missed penalties cost us 3 points, a late lack of concentration has cost us 5 points against Liverpool, Swansea, Hull and Chelsea. Simple basic defending and scoring two penalties would have seen us on 35 points right now with four games to go, more than enough to comfortably stay up.

We'll be relegated at City.

Comment

Think only 10 Points will do. IOW, we will not lose any more this season.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

At least another 9 points needed, possibly more. We need to win 3 of the last 4 to have a chance.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          We only have ourselves to blame.
          Yep...should have scored more, let in less and had a better squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            I know this is straw clutching/tinted glasses/delusional/head burying in sand etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

BUT.... just read that CR seems to think 6 more points will be enough. IF this is the case then imho the game is still on....... Personally I think 9 more points minimum, especially with Sunderland and Leicester both having games in hand.

How many points do you think we need for safety??

Both Liverpool and Newcastle seem to be falling apart..... 'Could' still be a big game come Leicester.......

Again I know straw clutching/tinted glasses/delusional/ head burying etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc......... BUT....

Its like watching a dog after being run over. wriggling around in agony and trying to gasp one last breath before he passes on.

shall i put you out of your misery mate, or do you want to wriggle some more?

#oneshot.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I'm absolutely sick of these "must win" games we keep not winning. We're so effing inept I can see us getting something at LFC and/or MCFC BUT promptly mucking it up by losing to NUFC.... we're that useless in my view.

Comment

We were relegated when old saggy face led the team out v hull first game of the season
                R's

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                  IMO if we had 10 games in hand we will still be relegated
                  Hard to disagree as we are terrible and so limited...

Comment

Ramsey says two games gets us safe. Beat liverpool and citeh and then we can play the kids against the geordies and leicester cos we will be safe according to our manager..

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Ramsey says two games gets us safe. Beat liverpool and citeh and then we can play the kids against the geordies and leicester cos we will be safe according to our manager..
                      we will be on the beach too

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        we will be on the beach too
                        I swear the whole club is on acid westy. The chairmans tweeting 'we can still do this, i believe', and the managers saying 'two wins is enough' when four probably wouldnt even do it, and near on all the players are saying 'we know what we have to do, and we are prepared to do it to keep the club in the premiership'. Ha ha .

Comment

Me think there is a new vintage of the herb on the White City estate and there serving it up at the ground

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Me think there is a new vintage of the herb on the White City estate and there serving it up at the ground
                            Corker....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              I swear the whole club is on acid westy. The chairmans tweeting 'we can still do this, i believe', and the managers saying 'two wins is enough' when four probably wouldnt even do it, and near on all the players are saying 'we know what we have to do, and we are prepared to do it to keep the club in the premiership'. Ha ha .
                              Yeah mate cos they're really going to say "F it we're down, we won't win another game"....liven up a bit jesus!
                              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                Its like watching a dog after being run over. wriggling around in agony and trying to gasp one last breath before he passes on.

shall i put you out of your misery mate, or do you want to wriggle some more?

#oneshot.
                                you got me there mate.... fock it, let me wriggle some more. Must be a sucker for punishment, but wont stop until mathematically doomed.
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X