Now that reality sinks in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    I know stats can read either way but stats will point to H R having higher win ratio than C R will have under L F
    dogs, i think the problem is that red chap seemed to write players off way too soon (something he seemed to share with warnock). we had bucketloads of coaches available under his reign, but it didn't seem to lead to players like caulker improving (he seems to have gone into reverse despite having the opportunity to work with the likes of rio ferdinand (whose signing was supposed to transform the club according to red chap).

whether caulker, mutch or ferdinand were good or bad signings is open to discussion... whether any of them improved under red chap is less under discussion. none of it points to it being les ferdinand's fault that we're probably going to get relegated.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
      dogs, i think the problem is that red chap seemed to write players off way too soon (something he seemed to share with warnock). we had bucketloads of coaches available under his reign, but it didn't seem to lead to players like caulker improving (he seems to have gone into reverse despite having the opportunity to work with the likes of rio ferdinand (whose signing was supposed to transform the club according to red chap).

whether caulker, mutch or ferdinand were good or bad signings is open to discussion... whether any of them improved under red chap is less under discussion. none of it points to it being les ferdinand's fault that we're probably going to get relegated.
      2 simple yes or no's
      Would a C/H and a cover at F/Bs loans have given us a greater chance to stay up
      Was L Ferdinand DOF in control of January signings

Comment

2 simple yes or no's
        Would a C/H and a cover at F/Bs loans have given us a greater chance to stay up
        Was L Ferdinand DOF in control of January signings
        But thats an assumption mate that he had money to play with to get people in. I dont think we had any dough hence why we shifted on Mutch (was s hit so good business) and we tried to do a one for one sending Zarate back for Jarvis which fell through

For me the purse strings were well and truely closed, rightly so, and the intention was get on with what you have so for me not Les or CR fault but if there is no water left in the well you cant keep going back to drink from it

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          But thats an assumption mate that he had money to play with to get people in. I dont think we had any dough hence why we shifted on Mutch (was s hit so good business) and we tried to do a one for one sending Zarate back for Jarvis which fell through

For me the purse strings were well and truely closed, rightly so, and the intention was get on with what you have so for me not Les or CR fault but if there is no water left in the well you cant keep going back to drink from it
          Still think we could've got a couple of loans especially the crap Caulker was churning out , as it stands now we are going to lose a hell of a lot in premier money

Comment

How many posters think our DOF Les Ferdinand religated us in January or do you still think he handled the January transfer windowr well
            I thought we did the right thing in January by not increasing our debt with desperate signings. I'm not really sure whose decision that was but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Harry's!
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
            X