Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Think huth would have been a top signing on Loan and made us more solid
    If we didn't have Dunne, I would have agreed to an extent but as I said, I don't think he offers any more to the team than him.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      No you're wrong I've met him and chatted football with him he knows his football and always willing to chat football , what I am digging out is the January window non event
      I don't accept we needed spend huge amounts Caulker needed replacing in January the way he was performing it wouldn't have cost earth the to cover him , poster talk of saving money and rightly so, but none of them mention losing money how much better is a season premier money compared to a season parachute payment , he was DOF and has influence over T F
      The club has previously spent stupid money in January and still being relegated so why do you think it would of been much different this time ?

Unfortunately this isn't football manager and the club has massive problems which will take years to fix , digging out Ferdinand and not looking at the real problem at the club is exactly what they want you to do
      We Are The People.....

Comment

Yeah I too think that's just the type we needed in January , would his loan have cost that much I don't think so nor would a loan have had any bearing on FFP , Caulker definitely needed replacing not permanently but his form was crap

Comment

100%

Comment

Isn't hindsight a great thing eh

As I must have missed all these threads asking for Huth to sign and that he was exactly what we needed
            We Are The People.....

Comment

As to the OP, I don't know if LF was under restrictions but the squad was and is terribly unbalanced and I think a striker and defender on loan couldn't have hurt, there were big stakes with EPL survival at hand! I personally have not been happy with Ramsey, Sir Les, Fernandez or Harry, the lot of them have failed in my opinion and that's why we're going down! I guess more will come out in the off season and we'll find out what the plans are to fix this mess!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Sort off topic but how the fake have Leicester managed to stay up ? Opinions ?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Since Wollscheid has joined, he has kept 3 clean sheets against Leicester, Hull and Everton and he only played 17 minutes against Everton. Hes has conceded 20 goals in 13 starts so I wouldn't say he is a good player in truth.
                  Hasn't been on the losing side often though has he?

Comment

One of the main jists of this thread I can catch is that Les is at fault because he should have bought someone in to replace Caulker, who we spent 8mil on in the summer. Words fail me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                      One of the main jists of this thread I can catch is that Les is at fault because he should have bought someone in to replace Caulker, who we spent 8mil on in the summer. Words fail me.
                      Words fail you that Harry spent 8m on a steamer, sorry but you must be a man few wrds then

Comment

It's not a coincidence that Wetknapp was sacked the day after the window closed. Wasn't his fault we couldn't bring anyone in. I think Tony said no, and let the ship sink. We desperately needed a midfielder or a striker to compliment Charlie and we got a guy who isn't even on the team sheet lol.

My point is that everybody is to blame. By everybody, I mean Harry and Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                          Sort off topic but how the fake have Leicester managed to stay up ? Opinions ?
                          They finished top of the championship last season, aren't ridden with geriatrics and have the same core of players/manager?
                          And we played our Cupcake schedule at the beginning of the year.

Comment

I think this potential ffp fine hanging over us played a massive part in the reason not to spend.

I also think the plane disaster distracted Fernandes massively and spending millions of pounds on players at that time prob wouldn't of been the best pr.

As for Huth would of been a perfect signing for us. Type of player would love to see at qpr next year. Want a youthful squad but nit completely shirt of couple of experienced pros.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Words fail you that Harry spent 8m on a steamer, sorry but you must be a man few wrds then
                              So it was *Harry* that made the mistake then. He also made the mistake of buying Mutch and selling in him Jan, and also trying to get rid of Zarate 2 weeks after signing him. Hindsight is great but tbh our squad was good enough to survive - just look at recent performances. First half of the season buried us. Not Les' fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                                So it was *Harry* that made the mistake then. He also made the mistake of buying Mutch and selling in him Jan, and also trying to get rid of Zarate 2 weeks after signing him. Hindsight is great but tbh our squad was good enough to survive - just look at recent performances. First half of the season buried us. Not Les' fault.
                                I know stats can read either way but stats will point to H R having higher win ratio than C R will have under L F

Comment

Working...
                                X