No announcement yet.

Now that reality sinks in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that TF could of been advised by lawyers to not spend in January to keep in line with ffp.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      I think that TF could of been advised by lawyers to not spend in January to keep in line with ffp.
      yeah, i think something similar... we were (and as far as i know currently still are) trying to convince the football league that we didn't break their rules last season, there's no way we could have gotten away with throwing cash about like mad on one hand and on the other claiming that we were going to be good from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Answer is No. Dogs you clearly have an agenda against Ferdinand as from the off all you have done is dig him out so dont think your opinion will ever be swayed no matter what he does good or bad
        No you're wrong I've met him and chatted football with him he knows his football and always willing to chat football , what I am digging out is the January window non event
        I don't accept we needed spend huge amounts Caulker needed replacing in January the way he was performing it wouldn't have cost earth the to cover him , poster talk of saving money and rightly so, but none of them mention losing money how much better is a season premier money compared to a season parachute payment , he was DOF and has influence over T F

Comment

I blame the kit man.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            You could be spot on there.

Also we have got Redknapp, JJ and Hoddle off the wage bill and IMO look a better team without their input.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Top post Jim!!.... how this is Les's fault is beyond me. Also if I remember correctly there were a few calling not to spend any money??.... Ill say it again, nothing wrong with the 'squad' just bad management/tactics/ineffective training sessions etc etc is the reason we're where we are!!
              Bang on Nicky boy. Shite gaffer!

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                I blame the kit man.
                For Christ sake don't say that or you'll have posters saying you are covering up for Redknapp

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                  yeah, i think something similar... we were (and as far as i know currently still are) trying to convince the football league that we didn't break their rules last season, there's no way we could have gotten away with throwing cash about like mad on one hand and on the other claiming that we were going to be good from now on.
                  I agree. He can use it as an example and say - look I reigned it in in January. It at least shows some intent to discipline which is what they will be trying to argue.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    No you're wrong I've met him and chatted football with him he knows his football and always willing to chat football , what I am digging out is the January window non event
                    I don't accept we needed spend huge amounts Caulker needed replacing in January the way he was performing it wouldn't have cost earth the to cover him , poster talk of saving money and rightly so, but none of them mention losing money how much better is a season premier money compared to a season parachute payment , he was DOF and has influence over T F
                    But you have no idea what his parameters were to work with as others have said perhaps he was told dont do any business. Without the full facts the thread is just speculation. What if there was no money to spend what is he to do magic some cash up??

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Good idea, lets replace a good english young centre back with someone who is considered not needed by the other club half way through the season. Lets look at the players brought in half way through the season at centre back and seen if they made sense.

Gabriel Paulista to Arsenal - Fans don't like him, weak in the air and doesn't speak a word of english. Moved to Arsenal for 13.2 mil
                      Robert Huth to Leicester - Playing ok but wouldn't get near our starting line up and would be behind Caulker, Onuoha and Dunne for sure. Even if he wasn't behind the first two, no way would we play him and Dunne together. Loan Move on deadline day.
                      Philipp Wollscheid - Directly at fault for one of the goals conceded this weekend and generally has been very poor for them since signing. Loan Move.

I can do other positions and really prove that january signings aren't necessarily the best thing for the club, they are very high risk and generally low reward unless you over pay.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Good idea, lets replace a good english young centre back with someone who is considered not needed by the other club half way through the season. Lets look at the players brought in half way through the season at centre back and seen if they made sense.

Gabriel Paulista to Arsenal - Fans don't like him, weak in the air and doesn't speak a word of english. Moved to Arsenal for 13.2 mil
                        Robert Huth to Leicester - Playing ok but wouldn't get near our starting line up and would be behind Caulker, Onuoha and Dunne for sure. Even if he wasn't behind the first two, no way would we play him and Dunne together. Loan Move on deadline day.
                        Philipp Wollscheid - Directly at fault for one of the goals conceded this weekend and generally has been very poor for them since signing. Loan Move.

I can do other positions and really prove that january signings aren't necessarily the best thing for the club, they are very high risk and generally low reward unless you over pay.

I dont agree with replacing Caulker but how on earth can you dig out Huth when Leicester have gone on the run that they have with 2 clean sheets in the last 2 AND he scored 3 games ago?

As for Stoke - they've lost 5 since January (15 games) and 3 of those losses were Chelsea, Arsenal and City. Results would suggest that they are solid at the back and Wollscheid is part of that back 4.

Comment

We definitely needed a striker in January and not just Zarate. I mean we needed a striker in the summer and then sold Remy and have had to rely on Zamora as 1st choice for far too many games this season

Comment

Can we just pick all the top young players out from non-league, wipe the slate clean and start again in the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              I dont agree with replacing Caulker but how on earth can you dig out Huth when Leicester have gone on the run that they have with 2 clean sheets in the last 2 AND he scored 3 games ago?

As for Stoke - they've lost 5 since January (15 games) and 3 of those losses were Chelsea, Arsenal and City. Results would suggest that they are solid at the back and Wollscheid is part of that back 4.
                              Since Wollscheid has joined, he has kept 3 clean sheets against Leicester, Hull and Everton and he only played 17 minutes against Everton. Hes has conceded 20 goals in 13 starts so I wouldn't say he is a good player in truth.
                              Huth is not actually that great, I didn't dig him out but he isn't as good as any of our starters IMO. He is a worse version of Dunne.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Think huth would have been a top signing on Loan and made us more solid

Comment

Working...
                                X