Baffling team selections and tactics have cost us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffling team selections and tactics have cost us

After all the hard work from our promotion season, we brought in enough quality in my opinion, yet we did not use the talent enough and played negatively all season. Why cant we just pick players in correct positions, and try to give the opponents something to worry about rather than always worrying about themI keep hearing from Ramsay that we will attack from the off, but im yet to see it! Long ball to Zamora each time we get the ball, and no passing and moving at all. The only time we finally got the ball down and played football, it led to the penalty. Why we dont do this more often rather than lumping it to Zamora, il never understand.

It was obvious we wouldnt win as soon as the lineup was announced. In a must win game, we played x4 center backs, 3 central defensive midfielders and a slow crock up front - against a West Ham team on terrible form, at home! Where exactly was Ramsay expecting the goals to come from?

Our bench had quality throughout, with Isla, Adel, Yun, Fer - all capable of causing West Ham damage, yet we decided to play defensively and play a central midfielder on the left wing.

Ramsay talks a perfect game, but the team selections and decisions again baffle me, and Ive seen no evidence of an improvement on the field in terms of quality - only in hard work

Missed a pen and had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside. We weren't as bad as some want to make out. It wasn't a enjoyable match but a lot of games aren't great quality this time of year

Comment

I thought we were very poor all game, and the game was not played any better than any other game this season. We had players on the bench who would have kept the ball on the floor and tried to play football rather than lumping it forward in hope. Wheres the skill in that?

Comment

Isla or/and Yun should have started, meaning more overlaps and crosses into the box meaning more service for Austin. Taarabt should have come on as a last throw of the dice and we needed to start shooting from further out, just go for it you know...but nah, keep it compact, lump it to big bob and hope for the best. Nice bunch of lads but we had better quality on the bench I'm afraid.
        Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 27-04-2015, 04:57 PM.
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Isla and Yun should of started 100%.. Henry left wing when we needed to win was a brainless decision.

Comment

Imbalanced squad and most players are not more than Championship level at best....can't blame Ramsey too much for where we are IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
              After all the hard work from our promotion season, we brought in enough quality in my opinion, yet we did not use the talent enough and played negatively all season. Why cant we just pick players in correct positions, and try to give the opponents something to worry about rather than always worrying about themI keep hearing from Ramsay that we will attack from the off, but im yet to see it! Long ball to Zamora each time we get the ball, and no passing and moving at all. The only time we finally got the ball down and played football, it led to the penalty. Why we dont do this more often rather than lumping it to Zamora, il never understand.

It was obvious we wouldnt win as soon as the lineup was announced. In a must win game, we played x4 center backs, 3 central defensive midfielders and a slow crock up front - against a West Ham team on terrible form, at home! Where exactly was Ramsay expecting the goals to come from?

Our bench had quality throughout, with Isla, Adel, Yun, Fer - all capable of causing West Ham damage, yet we decided to play defensively and play a central midfielder on the left wing.

Ramsay talks a perfect game, but the team selections and decisions again baffle me, and Ive seen no evidence of an improvement on the field in terms of quality - only in hard work
              Hard to disagree with much of that to be honest, we had the perfect opportunity to go for the jugular against the Hammers who were there for the taking but blew it.

I could only think that Fer wasn't 100% but as for playing no wing-backs, was very strange.

The line-up last Saturday should be what he plays this week and next, where you have to keep it compact and maybe nick a goal(going gung-ho will just be suicide). I would most probably just swap Fer with Zamora, and keep the rest the same.

Comment

Think that shows Ramsey ain't up to the job.. Must win game and he has the decent ones on bench, if Fer, Yum and Isla couldn't last the 90 then they should've started then taken them off. Again though, the players were not up for the occasion. How frustrating... Need a win and we can't get a goal..
                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

was a dire game , ramsey got it all wrong ... can't for the life of me see why he picked such a defensive team , game was crying out for the likes of adel. ramsey should be able to see that we were never going to score and put on nico , adel and or isla

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                    Missed a pen and had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside. We weren't as bad as some want to make out. It wasn't a enjoyable match but a lot of games aren't great quality this time of year
                    Agree. Only gripe about Saturday was Ramsey failed to use our last sub. A draw was no better than a loss in fairness. Should of taken the gamble.

Comment

Our squad simply is not good enough. Ramsey inherited a completely lopsided and unbalanced squad with virtually no options at full-back and attack plus a lot of "sick notes" in other positions. I realise we went up via play-offs but we were in promotion frame the whole season so it should not have been a shock.... the club completely messed up the recruitment last summer which is hardly Ramsey's fault. My view is that things have perked up a tiny bit under Ramsey and I can't recall any games as bad as some of the horror shows we endured under 'Arry in first half of season. If you accept the simple premise that Ramsey's better than Redknapp and Redknapp did get us promoted then Ramsey would probably make a better fist of it next year and maybe get us automatically promoted if we go down in a few weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        If you accept the simple premise that Ramsey's better than Redknapp and Redknapp did get us promoted then Ramsey would probably make a better fist of it next year and maybe get us automatically promoted if we go down in a few weeks?
                        That's a pretty positive way of looking at the situation.

I cannot believe it ispossible for us to get a more boring and inept manager than Redknapp. My only concern is that the Championship this season, appears to be far more competetive than last year. We really have only ourselves to blame for this mess though, as I cannot recall a weaker Premier League either.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          That's a pretty positive way of looking at the situation.

I cannot believe it ispossible for us to get a more boring and inept manager than Redknapp. My only concern is that the Championship this season, appears to be far more competetive than last year. We really have only ourselves to blame for this mess though, as I cannot recall a weaker Premier League either.
                          The championship is always a competitive, tough league. The only silver lining is that the best 3 teams in it this season won't be there next year

Comment

Do some fans not think we are rushing to conclusions AGAIN with our next manager choice by saying Ramsey is the man.

We need to do a proper interviewing process come the end of the season. People need to apply and then we need to assess...
                            This is a big appointment and to just give it to Ramsey would be another mistake IMO

Comment

Working...
                            X