Alex McCarthy to Man City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
    Green will be replaced in the summer, not because he is rubbish, he is an excellent keeper. McCarthy is the future, Chelsea had the same situation last season, if they can replace Cech, we can surely replace Green, McCarthy was an excellent signing!
    spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by west acton View Post
      its ok we have a keeper who can't kick, catch, leave his line or control his box but he pulls off great saves now and then so nothing to worry about
      oh dear how painfull the trueth can be

Comment

Green is an excellent shot stopper. Makes some wonderful saves when he is acting on instinct, and could name you more than a handful of occassions when he has made saves that are right out of the top drawer. But an excellent all round goalkeeper? No way. His distribution even before it was highlighted in the Chelsea game is shocking....I don't think I've ever seen a keeper hit the ball straight out of play as much as he does.His command of his area is poor, no question about that either - I have honestly never seen him organise the back four, he's a virtual mute throughout a game. Also punches the ball far too often, and makes some shocking decisions to come off of his line for crosses that he has no right to get to. Where Green's concerned, the negative outweighs the positive IMO.

Comment

Stranger things have happened, it depends if he values his career or a pay packet.

I was so surprised to see Michel Vorm move as Swansea #1 to Spur's bench

Green to go and McCarthy to replace him is the obvious choice but this is Rangers so who knows

Comment

I thought McCarthy was a great signing for us and would be our No.1 before the season was out. However Green has been one of our top 2 or 3 players this season so shouldn't have been replaced.

McCarthy won't sit on the bench in the FL again so if we go down I would say thanks Rob but McCarthy is the future and possible even do that if we stay up. Sacrifice maybe one more good season from Green for trying to keep McCarthy.

Comment

not sure i trust that city source. couldve very well been some bloke wanting to do a story on how MCFC need more homegrown players to match the quota and then just having a look around the league for a believable rumour.
              Rangers Til I Die
              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I reckon he will be off if Man City do come in for him. He must be gutted that he didnt jump when the chance was there to go to Liverpool, and these type of opportunities dont present themselves too often in a players career.

Comment

Working...
                X