Alex McCarthy to Man City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex McCarthy to Man City

Make of this what you will, but personally I would be pretty annoyed if this is true and goes ahead. The bloke was signed to be our No.1 for the next 5-10 years, and has quite literally barely got a kick. If we flog him and carry on with Green, I really do despair with this football club....

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/...nchester-city/

Don't read too much what that site has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      Don't read too much what that site has to say.
      Just as plausible as any other transfer rumour you'll read tbh. City do need to improve their homegrown quota, McCarthy (even though the powers that be at W12 think otherwise) is a fine young goalkeeper who could be legitimate competition for Hart, and at 25 still has his best years ahead of him. It'd be typical Rangers to buy a player for £6million, bench him all season and then sell him.

Comment

future england keeper i reckon

Comment

I see this yesterday and I would not be to happy if we sold him, liverpool and everton are sniffing around aswell. I understand he wants first team football but I think he should be our number 1 next season, it would be bad buissnes from our point off view if he is sold
          You Rsssssss

Comment

McCarthy will end up going.. Green has another year, doubt if McCarthy would play if green is still at the club. It's a shame really, he should have been given a chance by now. He had a chance to go to LFC bet he wishes he had now, he would be First Choice as Mignolet is shocking.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I think Rob will be moved on and Alex takes his place.

Comment

Its ok we have a keeper who can't kick, catch, leave his line or control his box but he pulls off great saves now and then so nothing to worry about

Comment

Am sure the 6 mill we Paid for him should off been better spent
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Its ok we have a keeper who can't kick, catch, leave his line or control his box but he pulls off great saves now and then so nothing to worry about
                    "Now and Then". He makes more saves per game than any goalkeeper, I am pretty sure that he has made fewer mistakes per save than most prem goalkeepers.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Would doubt McCarthy would move to be on the bench of another PL club for a season !

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Absolute ########.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          "Now and Then". He makes more saves per game than any goalkeeper, I am pretty sure that he has made fewer mistakes per save than most prem goalkeepers.
                          Even if this is true which I very much doubt the fact is that he is still rubbish at all the other attributes needed to be a top keeper, as the other poster said "we have a keeper who can't kick, catch, leave his line or control his box".

McCarthy should be installed as No 1 at the very latest for the start of next season.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Making saves is his job Nasser and the stat is that he has made more errors resulting in goals then any othe keeper in the prem this season

Comment

Green will be replaced in the summer, not because he is rubbish, he is an excellent keeper. McCarthy is the future, Chelsea had the same situation last season, if they can replace Cech, we can surely replace Green, McCarthy was an excellent signing!
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                              X