my QPR shares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my QPR shares

Many years ago when QPR floated on the stock market I brought £500 worth of shares, whoa betide me, does anyone know if they are worth anything?

Nah, not a lot. I'll buy them off you for a penny or a two pence peace ))))))
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I doubt if they are worth much at the moment with all the debts and threat of relegation. The name of the company was changed as well, so are they still valid??

Comment

Tweet Tony, he might give you a free Air Asia ticket or a beanie Jude for them, that's your best bet.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I gave them back to the club for nothing, think Dave Thomas (kick up the r's} suggested pooling the shares together so us fans have a say. They were less than a penny a share when I let them go
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Not worth a bean I'm affraid as someone already were worth less than a penny I have some too

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
              Many years ago when QPR floated on the stock market I brought £500 worth of shares, whoa betide me, does anyone know if they are worth anything?
              I'll give you a November 2014 issue of Four Four Two for the lot.

Comment

Sadly as others have said, not worth a bean
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I have a couple of nice share certicates as a mement though

Comment

Might be worth something if we ever have a pro-longed period in the prem and the odd European adventure though???

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
                      Might be worth something if we ever have a pro-longed period in the prem and the odd European adventure though???
                      Didn't the club sort of cancel all these old shares a couple of years ago? Of course they had offered a chance to redeem them before that, but as there was a considerable share dilution with the new capital influx, the new low price they offered wasn't worth the effort IMHO?
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Interesting subject. I have over 7000 shares which I bought way back when things were going well. I'd forgotten about them. I agree that they are probably worthless but would like to have a definitive answer so will look into it and post back on here if I find anything out.

Comment

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f.../t-155653.html

On this thread MattyRangers says about 0.01p per share from memory, at the time. Probably much less now.
                          7,000 shares = 70p (likely much less now, since further investment has likely further diluted the value).

I will admit that I considered it at the time but decided against putting money into anything that was not called "Queens Park Rangers Football Club". The whole holding company thing and connection with the Wasps turned me right off.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                          X