QPR Shares??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR Shares??

I know I have seen a few threads on this in the past but was hoping someone may have some knowledge to the shares good or bad. I seem to recall they may be worthless but my Dad passed a while ago and sorting thru his things I realized he acquired quite a few shares.

(1) Are these shares publicly traded still, if so what market??

(2) What's the share price, if any?

any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Originally posted by usaranger View Post
    I know I have seen a few threads on this in the past but was hoping someone may have some knowledge to the shares good or bad. I seem to recall they may be worthless but my Dad passed a while ago and sorting thru his things I realized he acquired quite a few shares.

Cheers
    Hi there, I had to find out how much mine were worth for my Divorce, I can't think where the phone number is but I got it from QPR's main switchboard, I wouldn't plan a trip round the Caribbean though mine were worth something like 0.01p each I think at the time

No value but it looks good framed next my GCSE Maths & City n Guilds Carpentry certificates
    "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
    For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
      Hi there, I had to find out how much mine were worth for my Divorce, I can't think where the phone number is but I got it from QPR's main switchboard, I wouldn't plan a trip round the Caribbean though mine were worth something like 0.01p each I think at the time

No value but it looks good framed next my GCSE Maths & City n Guilds Carpentry certificates
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Glad I tickled ya ..............

Even funnier is I forgot to mention Last years City n Guilds in basic AutoCAD, not had it framed yet so it slipped my mind , and 'when' I pass this years ADVANCED AutoCAD I might have to take down my Linda Lusadi Calendar to make room on my office wall
        "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?

Comment

looks like that link says 4 p each. Certainly have enough to buy a round

http://www.euroinvestor.com/exchange...-road-plc/2012

Comment

looks like that link says 4 p each. Certainly have enough to buy a round

http://www.euroinvestor.com/exchange...-road-plc/2012
            But this shows last trade was 2009 ?

Comment

I have 75 Loftus Road shares which have ceased trading a long time ago......the frame that the share certificate is in is worth more than the shares....my work mate tells me that these shares mean i own the ballcock in one of the mens urinals in the toilet is the south africa road stand but they probably arent worth that much however they do look nice and as i have them proudly displayed on my wall they tell everyone who i support and that i own a microscopic part of the club....i did use to receive annual reports and invitations to shareholder meetings (often at Loftus Road) but dont seem to get any anymore....you should be able to transfer shares from your father to you however financially it may cost more to do this than the shares are worth....if i were you i would contact the QPR accountants ,get a address change and buy a nice frame.....

Comment

Originally posted by qpraregreat View Post
                I have 75 Loftus Road shares which have ceased trading a long time ago......the frame that the share certificate is in is worth more than the shares....my work mate tells me that these shares mean i own the ballcock in one of the mens urinals in the toilet is the south africa road stand but they probably arent worth that much however they do look nice and as i have them proudly displayed on my wall they tell everyone who i support and that i own a microscopic part of the club....i did use to receive annual reports and invitations to shareholder meetings (often at Loftus Road) but dont seem to get any anymore....you should be able to transfer shares from your father to you however financially it may cost more to do this than the shares are worth....if i were you i would contact the QPR accountants ,get a address change and buy a nice frame.....
                Just an idea, if they look good frame then may be worth a punt on eBay for QPR collectors.

Comment

Cheers

We had shares in the club years ago but they went to penny shares in the end. No they don't sell them no more.

Comment

My father framed his in his toilet lol!

Comment

Wouldn't sell my 450 for the World ! Not even for a £1m.......

(Oh all right....."couldn't" !)

Still waiting for the day I get to tell the Steward, "but you can't throw me out, I own part of this Club !"

Comment

I think we paid 15p a share and lost a lot of money. I felt sorry for those who paid a £1 when they were first issued.

Comment

No sympathy required for me, I never bourght them with a view to making money. Just wanted to own a piece of the club, however small.

Paid full amount initially then topped up when offered more at reduced price.
                          Those were for my children, to this day they seem underwhelmed, can't think why ?

I guess it's like owning an entire football club - the only way to make a million is to start off with a billion !

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                            I felt sorry for those who paid a £1 when they were first issued.
                            That would be mug No 1 over here ....... I had a tax rebate to spend and convinced the Ex wife to spend it saving the hoopz !

I still have the same error of judgements when I go racing ;-{

Comment

My (other-love) and my local League of Ireland team, Drogheda United, about 3-years ago were in administration and about to hit the wall when they decided to sell shares at €1,000 a pop. Now, everyone knew these shares were worthless, but I couldn't see my team go under, so i proudly have one share and I'm like 1/60 owner of the club. Although i have no real say and will never really contribute to the day-to-day running, it still feels awesome to know that I helped them and last season, we were 200/1 pre-season and the team finished 2nd and qualified for the Europa League qualifiers and we won the league cup, that was incredible and i always kinda think that might not have happened had i not bought a share.

Comment

Working...
                              X