Legal Case Against QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Not sure id get myself into the situation of being spat on.

I just think its a bit sad really that people are bothering to take legal action against the club, increasing media spotlight further and having to go through the ordeal itself.
    By the same logic if you go to church and the priest abuses your child, you should keep it hush-hush.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      By the same logic if you go to church and the priest abuses your child, you should keep it hush-hush.
      Not quite the same thing but hey ho.........................

If people want to take the time out of their lives to do all of this then thats their prerogative, i just think its a bid sad personally and typical of the world we now live in.
      Last edited by West London is Rss; 17-04-2015, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Only thing I don't get is why sue QPR and not the company that provides and employs the Stewards that QPR use?

Comment

If someone spat in my face Id honestly find it VERY VERY VERY hard not to retaliate there and then in the moment.... but if by some miracle I did hold back and kept me blood pressure down I'd without a doubt make sure that individual new they done wrong, 'away from the ground'.....
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            If someone spat in my face Id honestly find it VERY VERY VERY hard not to retaliate there and then in the moment.... but if by some miracle I did hold back and kept me blood pressure down I'd without a doubt make sure that individual new they done wrong, 'away from the ground'.....
            Same as that, but you dont eight grand for retribution.

Comment

Not sure id get myself into the situation of being spat on.

I just think its a bit sad really that people are bothering to take legal action against the club, increasing media spotlight further and having to go through the ordeal itself.
              Tbf I'm not sure the bloke set out to get spat at. He was defending his nephew who was being unnecessarily harassed by the stewards. There have also been multiple accounts on here of people complaining about the same steward so clearly there's an issue. But if the club addressed the issues at hand instead of denying them and allowing their own fans to be prosecuted for being harassed by the stewards then I doubt there would be a need for legal action against the club. What do you suggest? Accepting the charges brought against them and maybe take a football banning order to save the club any negative press? I suppose they can still watch the games on tv

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Only thing I don't get is why sue QPR and not the company that provides and employs the Stewards that QPR use?
                I did sue the company employing one steward......the other one was employed by QPR.

The stewarding company agreed that they could not defend the actions of their employee and settled early and are no longer used by QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  Tbf I'm not sure the bloke set out to get spat at. He was defending his nephew who was being unnecessarily harassed by the stewards. There have also been multiple accounts on here of people complaining about the same steward so clearly there's an issue. But if the club addressed the issues at hand instead of denying them and allowing their own fans to be prosecuted for being harassed by the stewards then I doubt there would be a need for legal action against the club. What do you suggest? Accepting the charges brought against them and maybe take a football banning order to save the club any negative press? I suppose they can still watch the games on tv
                  There's a lot of 'alleges' is all i'm saying.
                  A lot of the time the fans are not innocent by-standers. They play their part as well.
                  No-one knows what truly happened except the people involved.

Its seems to be a lot of hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    Exactly right, Thank You.

I didn't set out to be spat at, ejected from the ground or get involved in any trouble.
                    Both myself and my nephew was compliant with the stewards request which was to leave the ground, as we were walking through the gates the female steward said I punched her and was spitting in my face as she was verbally abusing me. The other steward also said I had punched her in a police statement.
                    However, the CCTV footage that was presented at court of the incident did not show such thing, the police gave a statement as well to say it didn't support her evidence and I have had a forensic scientist examine the footage and he also stated that it did not support her statement to the police.
                    Make up your own minds as to their motives for saying what they did.

After what had happened to not just me but in the other two cases and evidence I have of other incidents there is clearly a problem with stewarding at QPR that those in charge are not addressing.
                    The other fan Bob, tried on a couple of occasions to meet with officials at the club before he took legal action. He gave them every chance to discuss this and offered to assist in highlighting the problems but in their arrogance, they ignored him.
                    Is that the action of a club that cares?

What we are trying to achieve is to stop further incidents from happening, if anybody knows of a better way of doing this then let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Same as that, but you dont eight grand for retribution.
                      But I don't think it was just a case of being spat at, or at least not the write up I saw. Both stories refer to injuries being sustained, one of them including head injuries. If I was spat at, I too would chose my time to beat crap out of them but if I sustained personal injury as a result of an unprovoked assault I too would want to be compensated, especially if the injuries meant I was unable to work for a period of time
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

From personal experiences, i have never had a problem with the stewards in Elerslie so lets not tarnish them all with the same brush.

There seems to be a problem with a minority of them so dont say there seems to be an overall problem because there isnt

Comment

From personal experiences, i have never had a problem with the stewards in Elerslie so lets not tarnish them all with the same brush.

There seems to be a problem with a minority of them so dont say there seems to be an overall problem because there isnt
                          In my original post I did say there are a lot of good stewards and not to tar them with the same brush.
                          I am not one of the type of fan that causes trouble either, so don't tar me with the same brush as those that do.
                          You do not get damages and legal costs paid for an "allegation", what happened to us was factual and we had evidence to back this up with CCTV and witness's.
                          I did not say there was an "overall" problem with stewarding, but if there was no problem at all, why were our lawsuit successful against them?

Comment

Originally posted by MK_Rs View Post
                            In my original post I did say there are a lot of good stewards and not to tar them with the same brush.
                            I am not one of the type of fan that causes trouble either, so don't tar me with the same brush as those that do.
                            You do not get damages and legal costs paid for an "allegation", what happened to us was factual and we had evidence to back this up with CCTV and witness's.
                            I did not say there was an "overall" problem with stewarding, but if there was no problem at all, why were our lawsuit successful against them?
                            I dont believe there is a problem with the stewarding - Your case seems to be a rare one which you have pursued and been successful in, so congrats it seems to have been worth the hassle.

Comment

shoulda just waited for her to leave the ground after the match n ironed her out woman or not.....somali bird spat at my mum in hanwell and my cousins lad of 15 sparked her out.....job done!
                              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                                shoulda just waited for her to leave the ground after the match n ironed her out woman or not.....somali bird spat at my mum in hanwell and my cousins lad of 15 sparked her out.....job done!
                                For clumping that steward bird, she would taken you the cleaners plus a 3 year stretch for GBH
                                You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
                                X