Matt Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Phillips

Maybe its just another rumour. Southampton are taught to be interested in signing our Matt Phillips for M5 pounds if we are relegated. At least, it goes to show that these last two years we invested wisely. However, if we go down it is of utmost importance that we keep hold of the likes of Caulker, Ned, Phillips, Fer and maybe, just maybe, Austin. If we get rid of these players we will surely not be half as good as we are at the moment, and that spells big trouble.

Like Brighton, the mob, said on here; we must at all cost try to keep our best players for next season . Just Like Newcastle did.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
      Maybe its just another rumour. Southampton are taught to be interested in signing our Matt Phillips for M5 pounds if we are relegated. At least, it goes to show that these last two years we invested wisely. However, if we go down it is of utmost importance that we keep hold of the likes of Caulker, Ned, Phillips, Fer and maybe, just maybe, Austin. If we get rid of these players we will surely not be half as good as we are at the moment, and that spells big trouble.
      If we lose all the players that people say we are then it will be a MASSIVE rebuilding job to be done next season if we go down. And with FFP and Tony tightening the purse strings we will struggle badly. But if we can do what Norwich have done (only lost Fer, kept their team together and added abit of quality Grabban, Dorrans) we should be good enough to bounce straight back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        If we lose all the players that people say we are then it will be a MASSIVE rebuilding job to be done next season if we go down. And with FFP and Tony tightening the purse strings we will struggle badly. But if we can do what Norwich have done (only lost Fer, kept their team together and added abit of quality Grabban, Dorrans) we should be good enough to bounce straight back up.
        Newcastle also did it like that.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

We signed Phillips for 4million. We can't let him go for only 5million. Phillips for me(even over Austin) is our best player. That's my opinion anyway, keep him at all costs
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

We can get more than that for him. But I think he would want to go, he has had a taste of the prem now and Southampton are a very good side. If we can get £7-8 mill for him I would take it.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

We always get mugged off in the transfer market, that's why we are losing 65m per year.

If we go down and Matty wants to go, I'd slap a firm price tag on him of 12m, take it or leave it. He has shown he can really do a job in the Premier Greed.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                We always get mugged off in the transfer market, that's why we are losing 65m per year.

If we go down and Matty wants to go, I'd slap a firm price tag on him of 12m, take it or leave it. He has shown he can really do a job in the Premier Greed.
                Yep, I agree with that, we sell on our terms. I think with Les at the helm, we will now get a fair price for our players, as he knows their market value, well I hope so?
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post

Problem is, transfers are not decided by the club any more. The players and agents hold all the power now. If he wants to leave, his agent will start putting his feelers out in an attempt to "engineer" a move. If an offer is made, we either accept whatever is offered, or reject and keep hold of an unhappy player. You almost have to take whatever you're given in football these days - it's rare now that you see a selling club reject a bid, and then the buying club make another bid.

Comment

yep agree on the 12m. i mean troy deeney and ross mccormack were both double digit millions in the fall, and they both play in the championship and have never had a minute of premier league action before. our matty is proven now.
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                      Problem is, transfers are not decided by the club any more. The players and agents hold all the power now. If he wants to leave, his agent will start putting his feelers out in an attempt to "engineer" a move. If an offer is made, we either accept whatever is offered, or reject and keep hold of an unhappy player. You almost have to take whatever you're given in football these days - it's rare now that you see a selling club reject a bid, and then the buying club make another bid.
                      I don't agree with that, Norwich got relegated, wanted £8m for Fer and held out until they got it.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

yeah, and im not so sure Austin would ever be the type to be pouty and "unhappy" when it came time to train and to step on the pitch. What's off the field is just business, but Charlie's a consummate professional.
                        he aint sterling or balotelli
                        Rangers Til I Die
                        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                          I don't agree with that, Norwich got relegated, wanted £8m for Fer and held out until they got it.
                          As I say, it is rare. They were in the unusual position where a relegated player had been to (and scored in) the WC, which obviously added a couple of million onto the asking price over the summer. As a rule though, a player's value will obviously decrease when they go from being a PL player to a Championship player, and the asking price (and more to the point the expectation of what the buying club should expect to recieve) must lower. In fact, if I remember Norwich oriignally quoted £10m for Fer, but lowered their asking price once the new season approached (he didn't move until the end of August).
                          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 17-04-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Phillips and Austin should both stay next season regardless of division, see how we progress and if we are not looking likely for promotion, slap in transfer requests in the January window. They are both contracted to us and both on (im assuming) decent wages so whats the rush to go and sit on a bench at Southampton?

Of course though, the real world dictates that this will never happen.

Comment

You are deluded if you think we have any chance of keeping our best players. We have a very slim chance of keeping Phillips and Caulker but Austin and Fer will definitely leave and most likely Phillips.

I think if we can get away with only losing these 3 we will have done well. Also for Austin, Fer and Phillips we should be demanding a minimum of £30 million (in total).

Comment

Working...
                              X