Qpr fans in legal battle with club over stewarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
    Is it possible that some fans get in by slipping gate stewards a few bob away from the stadium, and that's why some stewards check?
    Possibly, but as I say even then they're only asking the relatively young fans, which in itself is discrimination. Also, tickets are now loaded onto your card, so it makes no difference whether they ask to see a ticket or not i.e. they can't prove that you don't have a ticket for the game just by looking at the card.
    Last edited by surrey_hoop; 16-04-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Voices on mass in such away to let the club really know how we all feel.......p off with them.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
        Anyone here sit in Ellerslie? There's an African steward who works there (usually on T or S Block), probably in his late 50's, and for some reason he feels the need to try and mug off anyone under the age of 30. He asks to see our "tickets" (which these days are just our membership cards) before letting us take our seats, and gives plenty of lip if you decline to show him. I've asked him why he needs to see them, given the fact that we have already entered through the turnstile, and he clams up. Yet he still does it every time we go. Is this common policy around the ground? If so, any ides what the purpose of it is? It certainly pisses me off, especially when he asks some fans and not others. Its these little things that can result in situations getting out of hand. I don't really expect a mugging off from a steward for a ticket that I've already bought and used to gain entry to the ground.
        i cant remember what race he is or who the steward was that did it, but I've been asked a few times to show my card early this season and a few times last season. haven't been asked since at least October or so.

no way the steward remembers my name face or that I sit in that block though, as there are mobs of people trying to get to their seat usually when I rock up.
        there's just no rhyme nor reason to how they chose who to demand a ticket shown from. and i certainly aint paying no steward a few bob.

fwiw, im in what you say as Under-30s. Though I'm an asian man (if we are presume race is a factor the stewards are told to employ/profile).
        Rangers Til I Die
        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

annoying to have to show when asked, but yeah having heard/read stories like the ones on this thread I figure its not worth the trouble to give em lip
          Rangers Til I Die

Comment

Where do we get these mongrels?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
              Where do we get these mongrels?
              Who else would do this job at this point in time?
              I hear talk of letting QPR fans do it instead,
              but how many of us would actually do it?
              I mean trustworthy loyal fans, how many?
              And on a permanent basis?
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

if it worked once it will work again , there's lots of fans that can't afford to get in that would jump at the chance , in the old days when i was working there we all met at the ellersie gate and you got an extra jacks if u worked on the turnstile , then you got to see the 2nd half

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                  annoying to have to show when asked, but yeah having heard/read stories like the ones on this thread I figure its not worth the trouble to give em lip
                  My thought too Arthur. A pain in the neck to have to dig out the ticket again but a valid request nonetheless. Just show it and move on.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                    My thought too Arthur. A pain in the neck to have to dig out the ticket again but a valid request nonetheless. Just show it and move on.
                    Sure, in the grand scheme of things it isn't exactly an effort to present the ticket / card. My issue is why ask some and not others? In that sense, I don't see why it is a valid request. As I say, its these small things than can cause friction between fans and stewards, and ultimately result in some of the events described in the link. If they're just doing their job fair enough, I'll show them my card....I simply don't think that this is within their remit though. I've never had it any other ground I've been to, apart from ours. I'll go to the Newcastle game and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                      Sure, in the grand scheme of things it isn't exactly an effort to present the ticket / card. My issue is why ask some and not others? In that sense, I don't see why it is a valid request. As I say, its these small things than can cause friction between fans and stewards, and ultimately result in some of the events described in the link. If they're just doing their job fair enough, I'll show them my card....I simply don't think that this is within their remit though. I've never had it any other ground I've been to, apart from ours. I'll go to the Newcastle game and see what happens.
                      1000 posts man. congrats
                      Rangers Til I Die

Comment

I reckon things would work fine and dandy with no stewards at all. CCTV and a few rozzers should be all that's needed. Could have some ambassadors about to direct fans to seats etc but not involved in any "control" stuff. How many times do you see posturing Muppet fans pretending to get at the other fans or on the pitch before a stewards intervention "stops" them? I reckon none of that silliness would happen if there were no stewards and people/fans would just moderate their own conduct.

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                          1000 posts man. congrats
                          Thanks Arthur. To what kind of regard those 1000 posts can be held in is another story. Just glad to have found an outlet for the anger, frustration, despair and (occassionally) joy that comes with being a Rangers fan.

Comment

What a liar >

On 19th April 2011 QPR confirmed in writing that Bob was not “involved in anything to do with coin throwing or indeed throwing anything”. A complaint was made to the Metropolitan Police whose investigation concluded that a PC Jackson made an error in stating that Bob was seen throwing coins.

PC Jackson said this was a result of misreading the arrest notes. The police concluded that there was no evidence of malice on his part. The complaint was referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission who concluded that misconduct could not be proven on the balance of probabilities regarding this issue.
                            - See more at: http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/qpr-....ICUOUvc0.dpuf

Comment

The police are never to blame, are they?
                              How dare we question their actions at all.
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                              X