X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qpr fans in legal battle with club over stewarding

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/qpr-...n-compensation

Good god does anyone know of this?

Absolutely shocking. Hats off to the fans who stood up to the authorities and went to court and won.

The stewards involved are 5cum. How is this possible in modern day UK, a supposedly civilized country, not one run by a deranged dictator.

The club are behaving abominably over this affair. They have lost, and rightly so. The evidence has been seen. Time for the club to hold up their hand, apologise, and try to make amends in addition to the substantial compensation. What do they do instead? Ban one of the fans involved in the case against them, a season ticket holder. Appalling. More people should be taking this up with the club.

Edit: The stewards involved should be prosecuted for assault. I hope the fans involved make a complaint to the police to start that ball rolling.
    Last edited by dsqpr; 15-04-2015, 09:58 PM.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by andover66 View Post
      Doesn't surprise me though, the stewards at LR are in a league of there own.

Comment

I've had many run ins with stewards at loftus rd. Most recent was when arsenal scored their second and and a steward asked me to calm down.I very nearly got banned for life,some gooner,cfc,spurs supporter telling me to calm down when we've just conceded and this Cannt had to say something at that given moment, lucky I didn't chiv him.had a pole steward once in the carseys over smoking years ago,he come out with a Tom on his head...their all wronguns!!
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
          I've had many run ins with stewards at loftus rd. Most recent was when arsenal scored their second and and a steward asked me to calm down.I very nearly got banned for life,some gooner,cfc,spurs supporter telling me to calm down when we've just conceded and this Cannt had to say something at that given moment, lucky I didn't chiv him.had a pole steward once in the carseys over smoking years ago,he come out with a Tom on his head...their all wronguns!!
          That's the thing though VanHoop, the stewards ain't even one of us.
          Incidents like this wouldn't happen if we run the stewarding side from the club, rather than employing an outside agency.

I was kicked out once, just for a small arguement with a steward.
          Had attended the game on my own, but left my seat to take a phonecall and got accused of loitering!!
          Had arguement with Stewards, that then called police to remove me from ground !!

I bet every fan has a story about our Stewards over the years though!!!

Comment

Stewards at QPR these days are f****** abysmal.

Saw one get decked against Spurs. Never been happier.

Comment

Theres a great thread on this on lfw - one of the guys involved has posted there.

Edit - this is the link

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...r-stewards/#23
              Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 16-04-2015, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                Theres a great thread on this on lfw - one of the guys involved has posted there.
                Makes me hate them even more after reading that.
                Seriously though, I think we should employ stewards through the club instead of using outside agencies.

Cant stand our Stewards, and been like this for years!!

Comment

The worse thing though is that most regulars at Loftus Rd will have witnessed scenes like this many times over the years and yet bwe are expected to just put up with it and the worse offender is that short fat bleached blond ##### though although I am not surprised she concocted the story that a man alledgedly touched her ### as I am sure its normally the other ### who do so

Comment

Shame the club doesn't address this issue, rather than worrying about new stadiums. The standard of stewarding at LR really is dreadful.

Comment

Fans should stand up for each other. If you see someone taken away for no apparent reason, demand an explanation and be a witness. Politely but firmly. Bullies don't like that, they'll slip up.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Fans should stand up for each other. If you see someone taken away for no apparent reason, demand an explanation and be a witness. Politely but firmly. Bullies don't like that, they'll slip up.
                        I think we would all like that to happen but I have witnessed fans who have tried to intervene being ejected as well and who wants to risk a ban on the say so of a bent lying stward just for doing the right thing?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                          I think we would all like that to happen but I have witnessed fans who have tried to intervene being ejected as well and who wants to risk a ban on the say so of a bent lying stward just for doing the right thing?
                          I have been accused of being a jobsworth on here by a few disgruntled/banned posters over the years, but in reality I have no love for such situations either way. So I'd risk it if I saw someone beside me taken away for no reason I could fathom. But I am not a ST holder, so I would be risking less therefore and I am not judging those who prefer to look away.

In any case, this is a truly a totalitarian setup when you cannot even get an answer as to what is going on, and might instead be reported to the police for daring to ask. I am not generally of a high opinion of our current chairman, but I honestly believe if this particular matter was tweeted to him emphatically, he would actually try and improve it.
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

it would be 10 times better using our own fans to supervise the home ends, this woman seems to crop up all the time with QPR fans grievances, why is she still being employed??
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Disgusting behavior by the club and trying to cover it up hoping nothing comes of it

Makes me ashamed to think I give my money to them

Comment

Working...
                              X