No announcement yet.

Rob Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous to suggest anything would have stopped that. Even with someone on the post, the pace of that ball would have just deflected it into the path of an onrushing villain.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Ridiculous to suggest anything would have stopped that. Even with someone on the post, the pace of that ball would have just deflected it into the path of an onrushing villain.
      If someone was on the post the ball would have been cleared comfortably in my opinion but agree with others someone on the post just allows Villa to place people infront of the keeper. If the wall had jumped then its deflected but if the keeper does not want them jump cant see there is anything else we can do just a super freekick

Comment

I actually dont understand why keepers all stand so far to one side of the goal at free kicks. Stand in the farking middle you mugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          I actually dont understand why keepers all stand so far to one side of the goal at free kicks. Stand in the farking middle you mugs.
          Would imagine it is to force the taker to aim to one side that they think they have covered

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Would imagine it is to force the taker to aim to one side that they think they have covered
            If what Barton says is true how the fock can this be right???..... the side green leaves open for the wall to cover is 'never' covered then. All the free kick takers got to do is get the ball over a cement footed wall and on target, just like Benteke done. Greens been tops for us all season so I dont wana dig him out but asking a wall not to jump is just asking for a goal to be conceded imo.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              If what Barton says is true how the fock can this be right???..... the side green leaves open for the wall to cover is 'never' covered then. All the free kick takers got to do is get the ball over a cement footed wall and on target, just like Benteke done. Greens been tops for us all season so I dont wana dig him out but asking a wall not to jump is just asking for a goal to be conceded imo.
              I say think they have covered because there is always an occasion where someone hits a shot that is practically unstoppable.

Comment

The shot hit the post and went in, as a proportion to the rest of that goal, the inner post is minuscule. If you have seen Ozil or Ronaldinho take a free kick, you will know that they take it to the outer post whenever they see the keeper in a poor position like the middle of the net. Green has done everything right with that free kick and got unlucky that it was a perfect one.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  I say think they have covered because there is always an occasion where someone hits a shot that is practically unstoppable.
                  Wasnt digging you out mush , just making the point that asking your wall not jump is asking them to do half a job.... Agree that goal was unstoppable. 9 times out of 10 any shot that goes in of the post is going to be unstoppable. Just wonder if it would have got thete in the 1st place had the wall done a proper job (jumped).
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Easy to say once the freekick has been taken. How about if they all jumped and Benteke banged it along the ground and in? Then we would be having the same convo with people saying "why the hell did they jump". We can analyse after the game all we want that we could have did this & that but at it was a great free kick, end of.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Easy to say once the freekick has been taken. How about if they all jumped and Benteke banged it along the ground and in? Then we would be having the same convo with people saying "why the hell did they jump". We can analyse after the game all we want that we could have did this & that but at it was a great free kick, end of.
                      Just wonder how many walls are told not to jump by their keeper, especially considering the gap left between Green and the post. Just seems a very odd thing to do/say imho.... but yeah I suppose like you say Matty had he rolled it under the wall there'd be the whole "why did they jump" conversations.....
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        Aston Villa deserved at least a point.

Our loss of points were at home to Hull (1 point - Austin penalty miss with 5 mins left), Swansea ( 2 points- allowing Bony to score in the last minute) and Liverpool ( 1 point - Fer should have kept the ball instead of putting the ball to the back post where there were only red shorts which lead to a break and a loss)

Those 4 points coupled with Hull having 2 less would see us in a very good position.

I'm sure other sides can also say they should have done this or that but those are all categoric #### ups on our part, especially Hull and Liverpool.
                        Dot forget losing a point away to Hull at the death and in the process gifting them an additional 2 with a win, plus Southampton at home conceeding another stupid goal in stoppage time losing a point in the process.

Comment

Working...
                        X