Positive - youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive - youth

If we do go down at least we have Grego - Cox (scored twice today) Manning who also scored and is a great prospect - Robinson (back from loan) - Furlong - not sure about Doughty? Of the current crop, in my view the following are definites to stay - Yun, Onouha, Faurlin, McCarthy, Phillips and Henry. I know that's only 11 players and there is a huge imbalance - ie no forwards or centre backs but I would rather a young, hungry squad with a few additions from the lower leagues. We will need a wise head or two but doubt whether any of Dunne, Hill or Zamora fit the bill.

This could be our opportunity to get it right and start building for the future

If we somehow miraculously survive - we will need a complete overhaul and most of the youngsters will be overlooked again!

I'm not saying that I Want us to go down but it wouldn't be the end of the world longer term

That's what Fulham are doing ..could you stand being 4th from bottom of the championship this time next year...not many on here could!

Comment

No not for me. Don't care who's plays for us as long as we stay in the prem. If we go down I don't see us coming back in a hurry

Comment

+1.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Good thread. More reason why Ramsey must stay
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
            If we do go down at least we have Grego - Cox (scored twice today) Manning who also scored and is a great prospect - Robinson (back from loan) - Furlong - not sure about Doughty? Of the current crop, in my view the following are definites to stay - Yun, Onouha, Faurlin, McCarthy, Phillips and Henry. I know that's only 11 players and there is a huge imbalance - ie no forwards or centre backs but I would rather a young, hungry squad with a few additions from the lower leagues. We will need a wise head or two but doubt whether any of Dunne, Hill or Zamora fit the bill.

If we somehow miraculously survive - we will need a complete overhaul and most of the youngsters will be overlooked again!

I'm not saying that I Want us to go down but it wouldn't be the end of the world longer term
            I'd love to stay up but I wouldn't mind if we went down, purely to see us do things correctly this time round. We can come back a much better unit and be ready for it this time round.

If we don't come up right away, we will do within a few years no doubt.

Comment

Onuoha is a centre back!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
                Onuoha is a centre back!
                Think we might need more than 1 centre back - jeeeesus

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                  No not for me. Don't care who's plays for us as long as we stay in the prem. If we go down I don't see us coming back in a hurry
                  I agree. Going down will be a disaster for QPR who quite frankly do not even have the youth quality that Fulham have.

Comment

Can't get excited about seeing Grego Cox next year.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Are any of these kids any better than average. All for playing some of the youth players but it has to be a gradual progression rather than swamping the team full of them.

Comment

I think this is make or break for us, stay up and we can actually start to build on what we have, go down and it's start from scratch again I'm afraid

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          I agree. Going down will be a disaster for QPR who quite frankly do not even have the youth quality that Fulham have.
                          This is true.

Fulham have a very highly rated academy. It's not easy for a group of youths to grind out a season in a tough league like the Championship, let alone get promotion.

These kids ain't pokemon, they don't improve systematically when you play them.

Next year is all about smart signings, they will make or break us regardless of the league we're in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
                            Are any of these kids any better than average. All for playing some of the youth players but it has to be a gradual progression rather than swamping the team full of them.
                            Spot on, why are we under the impression that our youth team are all incredible and will be the answer to all our prayers of we go down? It's a must we stay up, somehow!
                            "The World is Yours"

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                              Fulham have a very highly rated academy. It's not easy for a group of youths to grind out a season in a tough league like the Championship, let alone get promotion.
                              Makes you appreciate what Harold did to get us out of there in one go then.

Comment

Working...
                              X