Board Writes off 60m of QPR Debt - One for the Tony bashers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    Many players have been brought in and proved to be expensive failures. That is the fault of the managers who brought them in, not the Board. If you want to criticize the Board then a fair one would be that they made too much money available to these managers. I remember your posts arguing vehemently against the Board making money available for new players at the time because you would have much preferred for us to do a Derby and just go straight back down without any investment but with the PL money in our pocket.
    Buck always stops with the board. Both the managers the board employed before Ramsay were kept on far too long and should have been sacked. Add to that the ridiculous employment of Arena guru Phil Beard to oversee the football club and you can see why we have been run poorly and we have wasted millions on poor players on ludicrous contracts. More money than sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Not being funny but sometimes it feels like we are arguing about our beloved rangers on a Chelsea forum! Comments like 'hope the chumps lose a load of money and look like the fools they are' etc! I could never say that about anyone trying to do their best for the club, the be it a manager player or the bloke giving the ellerslie sh itters a coat of paint ! Oh and fer is a superb player who would walk in nearly any club not in the top six! Come on v ffs! Mutch is proper toilet and he walked straight into a flying palace side

Tbf i watched Danny Parejo Captain the Valencia team the other day and he looked class, watched Granero for Real Sociadad as well and he looked a different player. Dunno what we do to them when we have them and maybe Fer would shine in another team but apart from 2 or 3 games Fer has been mostly sh1t and invisible imo. He was in Norwich's top 3 players last season and they still went down. (Watched Mbia too btw and he is still pony)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        I could never say that about anyone trying to do their best for the club
        Thats the whole point tho Kev because in my opinion they are not here to do the best for the club they are here to do the best for themselves. Businessmen here to make money from Loftus Rd site and the OOC and if the clubs fortunes dont match or go along with theirs then too bad. On top of that i find Fernandes patronizing and a front man for the fans. He screams insincerity to me and his PR spinning tweets and nonsense fake love is grating. West Ham fan through and through. If they get their fingers burnt attempting to pull off their land grab then alls good in my book. Walking away with their tail between their legs and taking their "shareholder loans" with them would be the perfect scenario for me. Too risky being so financially reliant on men who have no heart invested in the club. Its people such as them that is ruining football.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          If he's gets in our top 3 current players then you can see why we are where we are. Would he get into Burnley's or Sunderlands starting 11 even? not so sure. Rob Green, Charlie erm and then i am struggling tbh. The Chileans if you count loanees. Very poor squad we have ended up with after all that money spent and all them players incoming/outgoing. At least the current lot are starting to (finally) play like a team and not a bunch of poor individuals.
          quite funny that apparently a Dutch national team player isn't good enough for Burnley and Sunderland just because it suits your case.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Tbf i watched Danny Parejo Captain the Valencia team the other day and he looked class, watched Granero for Real Sociadad as well and he looked a different player. Dunno what we do to them when we have them and maybe Fer would shine in another team but apart from 2 or 3 games Fer has been mostly sh1t and invisible imo. He was in Norwich's top 3 players last season and they still went down. (Watched Mbia too btw and he is still pony)
            Except for the fact that M'bia was the second best player in a Europa league winning side and scored plenty on the way there. But sure, pony...
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              quite funny that apparently a Dutch national team player isn't good enough for Burnley and Sunderland just because it suits your case.
              Just my opinion mate i know you have yours. Seem to remember you had Barton nailed on for prem player of the season before xmas Caulker still one of the best defenders in the prem for you then?...see all about opinions. Fer was improving before his injury but going on the whole season up to now it hasnt been all that special in my opinion. If we get relegated and he moves on it wont mean all that much to me. If Green or Charlie go however then that will hurt.

Comment

Thats the whole point tho Kev because in my opinion they are not here to do the best for the club they are here to do the best for themselves. Businessmen here to make money from Loftus Rd site and the OOC and if the clubs fortunes dont match or go along with theirs then too bad. On top of that i find Fernandes patronizing and a front man for the fans. He screams insincerity to me and his PR spinning tweets and nonsense fake love is grating. West Ham fan through and through. If they get their fingers burnt attempting to pull off their land grab then alls good in my book. Walking away with their tail between their legs and taking their "shareholder loans" with them would be the perfect scenario for me. Too risky being so financially reliant on men who have no heart invested in the club. Its people such as them that is ruining football.
                #NextLevelTroll

This is just hilarious imo. Calling out Tony for not having his heart at this club is ridiculous and borderline SMOKE-level trolling

Comment

Except for the fact that M'bia was the second best player in a Europa league winning side and scored plenty on the way there. But sure, pony...
                  See all about opinions. The bloke was absolute dogsh1t for us if you was a fan of rangers at the time when he played for us then you might remember too. The clumsiness and brainless displays he put in were pathetic. Better player in La Liga but i still see those same faults in him.

Comment

#NextLevelTroll

This is just hilarious imo. Calling out Tony for not having his heart at this club is ridiculous and borderline SMOKE-level trolling
                    You sure you not Tony himself? :-)

Comment

Just my opinion mate i know you have yours. Seem to remember you had Barton nailed on for prem player of the season before xmas Caulker still one of the best defenders in the prem for you then?...see all about opinions. Fer was improving before his injury but going on the whole season up to now it hasnt been all that special in my opinion. If we get relegated and he moves on it wont mean all that much to me. If Green or Charlie go however then that will hurt.
                      Careful now, you're putting words into my mouth. I still feel barton offers alot to the team in many ways and prior to his injury, he was very influential and we all acknowledged that. Caulker is still a very good player and I will defend him as long as he is here. He makes mistakes but everyone does. Fer has been consistently our best outfield player throughout this season, being played out of position. Everyone has seen what he is capable of when being played in the centre as well so I think you are being ridiculously harsh saying that you won't care if he leaves. He is of huge importance to this club and will be for years hopefully.

Comment

See all about opinions. The bloke was absolute dogsh1t for us if you was a fan of rangers at the time when he played for us then you might remember too. The clumsiness and brainless displays he put in were pathetic. Better player in La Liga but i still see those same faults in him.
                        He was headless and all but he had talent and played with his heart on his sleeve. we could have done with that at times and he has matured over time as well at Sevilla.

Comment

Buck always stops with the board. Both the managers the board employed before Ramsay were kept on far too long and should have been sacked. Add to that the ridiculous employment of Arena guru Phil Beard to oversee the football club and you can see why we have been run poorly and we have wasted millions on poor players on ludicrous contracts. More money than sense.
                          Blah, blah blah. Very wise after the fact aren't you? I also remember all you posts protesting vigorously against the appointment of Hughes and Redknapp, experienced premier league managers who you knew would be terrible.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Great news, and well done by TF and the board.

Comment

• Weren't the FFP rules changed recently, and don't the new rules take precedence? Not sure how the FL can do us under rules which no longer exist.
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                I dread to think how you are going to react in years to come, when there is no longer any debt and the shareholders are raking in a healthy profit.
                                So when is this miracle supposed to happen? Right after elimination of world hunger? Seriously, how is the QPR of today supposed to achieve this? Building a new stadium means an enormous further investment that will obviously take decades to recoup because we are not a prominent global brand and cannot become that quickly. In the meantime we will be heavily bleeding money every year. You and me and Vblock are most likely of approximately the same (middle) age, do you think we will actually live long enough to see your optimistic scenario become reality?
                                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                                X