Worst place you have visited following QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
    Plough Lane Wimbledon.My tickets were for Row E which I thought would be near the front but were in fact at the back,the seats being planks of wood balancing on rickety brick piers and some of the fans were unfortunately taking the p*ss out of one of the linesmen who had a withered arm.
    I think I remember that. Didn't we get tonked 3-0 with Gus Caeser playing in defence?

Worst places for me were Stoke and Luton. The coach couldn't leave the Britannia for ages after the game due to the Hills-have-Eyes locals waiting nearby armed with half a house brick in each mitt.

And Luton? No explanation necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      You know what gents this thread shows many of us on this forum have shared the same experiences and been same obscure games together without actually knowing each other so many stories of people saying I was there and I remember that
      As an antidote to that fateful day in the potteries a most surreal experience happened a few years later in........ Cheltenham .. Me and a mate got a hotel which looked like Fawlty Towers with overly polite owners asked for a cab to the ground which was .... 200 yards away but obscured by a washing line and and low rise garages.. Watched a tame 0-0 then had a very congenial few bevies in a nice cobblestoned courtyard .. Million miles away from changing pants at Luton.,

Comment

• Old Boro ground, old Sunderland & Ninian park not the nicest welcome either !
        Luton is up there - Vale in 99 presume people are talking about, free for all in the car park after another defeat
        - we walked straight through numerous punch ups without being able to tell who was who save the Hooped warrior
        Fighting the police horse ! - Worst grounds ( as an away fan ) for me was Colchester of old and Cambridge - both middle of nothing and a struggle to get a drink in to surpress the inevitable away defeat - probably a little biased as easy to get to the respective city from the east coast - grounds however were just pants !

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Must say Port Vale the season we went there in a six pointer was a proper slum

Burnt out cars on the street, derelict buildings which had been abandoned for years really was a proper s hithole it was like a mix between Beirut and Belfast during the troubles

Remember we got there early and went for a wander to see what was about but no matter what direction we went there was nothing of note

Horrible place glad I have only done it the once
          did port vale used to play on the white city then

Comment

• nothing changes with Bristol City, the long walk along the river from the station. Was at the back of 100 Rangers when City fans emerged from a waterside pub, all of a sudden I was at the front and that was the 1972-73 season
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Suffolk Massive View Post
              Vale in 99 presume people are talking about, free for all in the car park after another defeat
              - we walked straight through numerous punch ups without being able to tell who was who save the Hooped warrior
              Fighting the police horse
              made me laugh Massa

Comment

• That Port Vale game was wild after game in the car park with running battles between all the coaches and I always remember one well known Rangers fan punching a police dog on the nose when it was biting him and the hound let go and tried to run off

Funnily enough at another game at Port Vale the season before I think it was a few of us decided to have a quick couple of pints near the ground after the game at a quiet pub when about 8 Vale fans came in and bolted the door saying they after cockney blood

Their leader was a scawney little shite with the typical moustache worn by people from Stoke and he and his mates absolutely #### themselves when the barman told them there were about another 15 QPR fans coming round from the other bar

Comment

• Brighton. Could you make a new stadium any more awkward to get to?

Comment

• Oxford 86, league game just before the final.see a young Oxford fan stabbed laying on the cobbles,for some reason the old girl with the bins ( God bless Daphne)didn't have our tickets at station. had to cab it,silly plick dropped 4 of us outside the home end of the manor ground. nice area ,pony ground.watched rangers in a pre season friendly at the kassam,tidy local that done a decent barbie. we had that black kid from harrow playing? Half columbian,went on loan to mk dons.his name escapes me
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Difficult to pick really, three categories going on here, a/ shite grounds b/ shite fans c/ shite experiences getting there.

Luton, have two of those, Colchester had one, no-one seems to have mentioned Derby, the Baseball Grounds environs weren't bombed by the Germans because it wasn't worth it. Let's face it, how can Liverpool be ambassadors for Britain, is there a back door you can be sneaked in or do they blindfold visitors? Port Vale...yeah, Burslem is no postcard, neither are the little streets north of Wednesday up to Rotherham. Never went with the official to Bristol, so never had to endure the long march, but we went toe to toe with the Robins down the back of the away end at Ashton Gate in the late seventies and done all right, though they did turn us over badly outside the Springbok one season I think it was generally mixed results.

Comment

• Layer Road was always a dive but I went past their new ground recently beside the A12, looks a million times better
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                          Oxford 86, league game just before the final.see a young Oxford fan stabbed laying on the cobbles,for some reason the old girl with the bins ( God bless Daphne)didn't have our tickets at station. had to cab it,silly plick dropped 4 of us outside the home end of the manor ground. nice area ,pony ground.watched rangers in a pre season friendly at the kassam,tidy local that done a decent barbie. we had that black kid from harrow playing? Half columbian,went on loan to mk dons.his name escapes me
                          I remember the 86 game, 3-3 with Clive Walker even scoring for us? A good turnout of all the lads as you say in preparation for Wembley (best forgotten).
                          Are you talking about Angelo Balanta the kid that went on loan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                            I remember the 86 game, 3-3 with Clive Walker even scoring for us? A good turnout of all the lads as you say in preparation for Wembley (best forgotten).
                            Thats the kid ed,looked a good prospect back then.
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              Pretty sure that the pre season game when Balanta played was at their old ground ans remember when they attacked us when we got to the town after walking up from the pub near the station before the game and also the police making us walk all the way back from the ground after the game back to the station

Good turn out of QPR that day

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                                Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                                This lad was born in 1990
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X