No announcement yet.

Worst place you have visited following QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's slightly off topic, but I think I once went to Brentford, Bradford, Bury and Brighton aways in succession. Boxing day away at Plymouth ruined that run of Bs. And while I'm on the subject, Plymouth was a right sh1thole as well..

Comment

Stop trying to romanticise the area Huble. If you take QPR out of the area would you ever ever go there? Course not!

Yes of course there are certain parts where the London house prices are ridiculous but it’s still a rough part of London. You only have to walk down either The Uxbridge or Goldhawk Road to notice this.
      There are certain parts that are total no go areas after a certain time of night, its fine going there on a match day where there are loads of police around the place but wondering around the wrong parts of the bush after dark could end up very badly.

Shithole!

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
        Stop trying to romanticise the area Huble. If you take QPR out of the area would you ever ever go there? Course not!

Yes of course there are certain parts where the London house prices are ridiculous but it’s still a rough part of London. You only have to walk down either The Uxbridge or Goldhawk Road to notice this.
        There are certain parts that are total no go areas after a certain time of night, its fine going there on a match day where there are loads of police around the place but wondering around the wrong parts of the bush after dark could end up very badly.

Shithole!
        Oi, you're talking about the place I was born mate! And to be totally honest, I have NEVER felt afraid of walking around the Bush at any time of the day or night. I honestly do not find it rough, I like it. It has character. And yes, I would go there if it didn't have QPR in it. In fact I do. We don't all live in leafy suburban paradises JJ me old mucker!

PS - can't imagine you being afraid of walking anywhere!

Comment

[QUOTE=Robsondinho;1389536]Southend was bad when we lost 5-0 or 5-1 on a Friday night.QUOTE]

That's brought back nightmares

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
            Yer but its our #### hole
            and still prob better then all the other places mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
              Kenilworth Road
              Manor Ground
              Elm Park

Horrible grounds.

Places

Bradford
              Luton
              Barnsley
              Moss Side
              Stanley Park at night.
              Done them all Bradford aside. Got chased all over Moss side one game

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Oi, you're talking about the place I was born mate! And to be totally honest, I have NEVER felt afraid of walking around the Bush at any time of the day or night. I honestly do not find it rough, I like it. It has character. And yes, I would go there if it didn't have QPR in it. In fact I do. We don't all live in leafy suburban paradises JJ me old mucker!

Agree are there really no go areas??? I have to say if I wanted to go somewhere then I go day or night. People always go on about the South Acton estate and needing to avoid it but in my 36 years I have never had any bother there and I have wandered through it in may states of disrepair and varying times of the day

Media make us want to believe there are no go areas

Comment

Ah the old Maine Rd brings back some memories

Remember a night game up there when we won 3-1 and I think Michel Beck scored two of them (remember him?) and it was so cold up in this wobbly temp stand built on scaffolding they gave the few of us who went free hot food and a drink for turning up

Not so friendly afterwards when a small group of 10 year olds bricked our coach!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

See, you are getting all nostalgic over the place due to you being born there. If you take that sentiment out of the equation and if QPR had nothing to do with the area , emotionally you would see it for the slum that it has really become.

The day QPR leave The Bush will be a very sad one but will I ever return to it after we leave? Never as it’s a rough hole full of attitude. Nobody apart from people like you who have a QPR/Birth affiliation for the place would ever argue against that it’s nothing other than rough, rundown part of West London.

Fact.

PS - I never walk anywhere at night. I have a car

Comment

From memory the worse ground/ worse away day for me was early 80's Shrewsbury away, the old Gay Meadow! My pal and myself got the special train which stopped at a concrete siding which was for the away fans like a makeshift platform right by the ground.
                      The ground was tiny and just a few rows of terrace behind the goal.
                      We only had about 400/500 turnout and no atmosphere at all.
                      The game was the worse 0-0 draw I ever witnessed pure boredom.
                      On the way back just out of Shrewsbury someone had chucked a heavy blocks of concrete on the tracks and we were held there for about an hour and a half. So that was a terrible day out!
                      The other worse grounds for me were Rotherhams old ground and Plough Lane. Barnsley probably the most unfriendly gaff ever. As for unfriendliest ever away day was Leeds in the FA Cup 86 OR 87? That was like Custers last stand up in the seats fending off all corners of the ground who decided to attack all R's fans present. And they had won!!

Comment

Remember picking up £3 worth of ten pence pieces hurled at us in the away end at Filbert Street in 1979. Probably covered the price of entry.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post

Shithole!
                          if you think the Bush has no go areas after dark you have lived a very sheltered life ,I as born on the White City and moved back to the Bush and bought a place ,and it is not a dangerous place .A bit lively granted
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Remember picking up £3 worth of ten pence pieces hurled at us in the away end at Filbert Street in 1979. Probably covered the price of entry.
                            Yeh I remember going there in around 82 or 83 I think it was, the away end was divided with a big fence and all caged in. A lot of banter flying across from the side terrace and the bit next to us. Loads of skin-heads as well. The walk back to the station seemed like miles and also very dodgy. We was only 14 0r 15 at the time, also very exciting at the same time!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                              Yeovil, there ain't anything there, ur lucky u have a bog in the ground
                              seems to be the norm down here in the south-west, no character to many of the boozers, just places to get rat-arsed
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                                if you think the Bush has no go areas after dark you have lived a very sheltered life ,I as born on the White City and moved back to the Bush and bought a place ,and it is not a dangerous place .A bit lively granted
                                The Stats say otherwise.

http://www.ukcrimestats.com/Neighbou...9;s_Bush_Green

Comment

Working...
                                X