No announcement yet.

More than adequate squad - poor manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we went into last season short of strikers n it neally back fired...this season was unforgiveable.....20 plus million on fer,sondro,phillips,mutch is undefenceable
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
      I wouldnt think any of them lot would get into any other prem teams starting 11 and i include those we are fighting relegation with
      hill ,zamora would struggle to get into championship sides!

Comment

So why is it not in the hands of another manager?... Answer, Tony.
        So what is it he is trying to achieve?......This is why I have stated on here before sack or back him, cause imo that squad is not good enough. By going down today's path we could go into oblivion.....or is that the plan?

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          He should of gone after west ham away
          I think he should have gone after West Ham away two years ago and he'd not long been here.

Actually posted on the match thread that day we were going down, due to his ridiculously negative tactics. A few weeks later, we are now losing 2-0 at home to them, the crowd are singing for Taraabt to come on, on he comes and smacks one in from 25 yards. Just one of many instances of too little, too late, from someone who is too old and too inept.

Been saying from the start that he is the most over rated manager ever, with a pretty appalling record over 30+ years, considering the backing and players he has been given.

TF needs to take most of the blame though, for hiring him in the first place, continually backing him when it is clear he is hopeless and for failing to replace him with a proper manager.

The day we see the back of him, we can start to have hope.

Comment

Well we're stuck with him now aren't we? I'm glad TF put a lid on him through this transfer window and prevented another load of money going down the swanny on some geriatrics he managed yonks ago. Best thing now is to settle on a 1st XI, set up positively with attacking intent and bleeding well give it a right go in all the remaining games. Whatever subsequently happens we'll need a total clear out/overhaul in summer but til then nothing else to do other than get stuck in and show some pride.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              I think he should have gone after West Ham away two years ago and he'd not long been here.

Actually posted on the match thread that day we were going down, due to his ridiculously negative tactics. A few weeks later, we are now losing 2-0 at home to them, the crowd are singing for Taraabt to come on, on he comes and smacks one in from 25 yards. Just one of many instances of too little, too late, from someone who is too old and too inept.

Been saying from the start that he is the most over rated manager ever, with a pretty appalling record over 30+ years, considering the backing and players he has been given.

TF needs to take most of the blame though, for hiring him in the first place, continually backing him when it is clear he is hopeless and for failing to replace him with a proper manager.

The day we see the back of him, we can start to have hope.
              He should of done the right thing really and resigned at the end of last season - I thought that then but at the same time I thought HR with his own team would stick us in mid-table (optimistic). I never in million years would of dreamt we wouldn't have any away points in Feb.

Comment

Thing is, lots are saying they're glad Tony's put a lid on Harry spending, but it's Les that is identifying players, and before I get but Harry has the final say.....has he?
                What about Zarate?.....I don't think that was a Harry signing. I wonder if this is the real problem.

Comment

i bet craggy boat resigns in disgust at not being backed then uses the excuse as to why we went down...every club he has been at his pitiful excuses have been the same......a s hit player and s hit manager!......conned a living as a pro !

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
                    Does anyone else think that we do actually have a decent enough squad, but they are not managed properly? Maybe we are a player or two short, but on paper we should have easily enough quality to stay up.

Green is a great keeper, Isla has been great and so has Yun. Question marks are left with the center backs for me, but there should be enoguh quality still to see us through.

Then in midfield, surely Fer should be starting in the center alongside Sandro or Barton/Henry (whoever is on form). Instead of wasting Fer (a top player) on the wing. Fer was man of the match earlier in the season when he played in the middle, but since then he has been moved to the left and is nowhere near as good, so frustrating. Phillips should be able to do a decent enough job on the right hand side given a run of games, and on the left we have options such as Adel, Niko. This position could arguably be improved, but not with Fer!

Then up front we are short of numbers, but surely there enough with Austin and Zarate (who is rated highly with West Ham fans) and of course Vargas who is excellent for his country. He scores two vs Liverpool then moves to the wing. Zamora should be an impact sub at best.

Of course one or two positions could be improved but there is enough quality there if players aer played in their correct positions, and if we start more positively in games rather than falling behind and then changing it when its too late. Am i missing something, or is it really as simple as that, and our manager is deluded?
                    I think you've got it spot on, we're one or two players short. We really should have a few more points on the table then we do have at present.

It is due to playing players out of position, that's not helping us at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X