Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excuses, While Our Club Is Going Backwards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuses, While Our Club Is Going Backwards!

I've quite frankly got bored of Tony Fernandes and what he's trying to achieve with our football club. All I hear is "we've learnt" and constant nonsense posted on his Twitter and this morning that he's "put his chequebook away", so I thought I'd come up with some calculations since his time here regarding transfers.

Incoming signings with rough estimations on fees that I found across the Internet.

Barton (Free), Young (2.5m), Traore (1.2m), SWP (4m), A. Ferdinand (1m), Onuoha (2.75m), Cisse (4m), Zamora (4m), Diakite (3.5), Green (Free), Nelsen (Free) Park (2m), Hoilett (4m), Bosingwa (Free), Cesar (Free), Granero (3.5m), Mbia (5m), Ben Haim (Free), Remy (7m), Yun (1m), Samba (12m), Jenas (1.5m), Simpson (Free), Dunne (Free), Henry (1m), Austin (4m), O'Neil (Free), Phillips (5m), Chevanton (Free), Onyewu (Free), Benayoun (Free), Donaldson (150k), Hughes (Free), R. Ferdinand (Free), Caulker (8.5m), Mutch (5.5m), Fer (7m), Robinson (1m), McCarthy (2m), Sandro (6m) and Manning (?).

Outgoings with rough estimations on fees that I found across the Internet.

Gorkks (900k), Kenny (500k), Helguson (250k), Connolly (500k), Smith (350k), Samba (12.5m), Mackie (1.5m), Granero (4m), Simpson (2m), Remy (10.5m), Mutch (5.75m).

Totals (Rough)

In = 99 million
    Out = 39 million

Loss = 60 million.

Obviously we have made a number of loan signings but that won't really hurt the above loss figure by much.

Now let's add in the income from TV and league position from our two Premier League seasons.

Income 2011/12 = 43,262,087.00
    Income 2012/13 = 39,752,462.00

A parachute payment of 16,000,000.00 to help our Championship campaign also needs adding.

A rough total income of Total = 99,014,549.00 just from the above sources.

Add in a predicted TV Income for 2014/15 of 70-80 million.

Rough estimated total come May 2015 = 170-180 million.

170 million - 60 million loss on transfer fees = +110 million.

The big issue is the wages we pay, which is strictly down to the owners.

We also have some of the highest match day ticket prices in the country and you also have to take into account all other income revenue streams.

So, it turns out we haven't actually spent beyond our means on transfer fees. It's the complete mismanagement of contracts being handed out by our owners.

I thought these people were sensible businessmen?

Three and a half years on from the day they walked in, what's better? We're 180 million in debt, despite bringing in that amount in TV revenue alone. If you add in all other income streams it's actually unbelievable how we can rack up such an amount of debt in a short space of time.

The new training ground and stadium, three and a half years on, haven't even got planning permission and on the pitch, we're heading back to the Championship.

Seriously, what are these 'amazing' owners as the majority call them, doing? I'm struggling to see how these clowns could run a #### up in a brewery if I'm honest! I've never seen such bad business management, it's embarrassing and people who think everything is rosy, need to wake up quickly. All this talk of managers wasting all our money is laughable too. It looks like we're not going to spend a penny today, so effectively we've made a loss of 60 million over four seasons under this regime, which is in reality spending 15 million a season. It's the people behind the contracts that need shooting not the managers.

Have our managers got the best out of the signings? No, not by a long shot but that's a completely different argument. Spending 15 million a season, while spending three of those seasons in the Premier League is something yoyo clubs do and each time they become stronger and the club becomes more safe in terms of the future and is at a point where it can establish themselves in the top flight.

Will we be in a position to bounce straight back next season if we go down? Personally, I think we'll be lucky to stay up. Is our future safe? 180 million in debt, regardless of who it's owed too, doesn't suggest so. Do we look like establishing ourselves as a Premier League club? Far from it. The academy was one of the main priorities and Fernandes seemed ever so pleased with himself last week when doing his interview that we now have the right people in place. So it took three and a half years to get to that point?

So, what is the actual plan here because three and a half years on, all I see is a complete mess and excuses from people who have absolute no idea what's going on, from the staff to the owners.

Amen.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

You should consider a career in sports journalism matty. Well researched piece. I barely disagreed with any of it.

Comment

By the way: If I were you, I'd be inclined to send this to the club. It'd be interesting to see what response they would give to this, if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          I've quite frankly got bored of Tony Fernandes and what he's trying to achieve with our football club. All I hear is "we've learnt" and constant nonsense posted on his Twitter and this morning that he's "put his chequebook away", so I thought I'd come up with some calculations since his time here regarding transfers.

Incoming signings with rough estimations on fees that I found across the Internet.

Barton (Free), Young (2.5m), Traore (1.2m), SWP (4m), A. Ferdinand (1m), Onuoha (2.75m), Cisse (4m), Zamora (4m), Diakite (3.5), Green (Free), Nelsen (Free) Park (2m), Hoilett (4m), Bosingwa (Free), Cesar (Free), Granero (3.5m), Mbia (5m), Ben Haim (Free), Remy (7m), Yun (1m), Samba (12m), Jenas (1.5m), Simpson (Free), Dunne (Free), Henry (1m), Austin (4m), O'Neil (Free), Phillips (5m), Chevanton (Free), Onyewu (Free), Benayoun (Free), Donaldson (150k), Hughes (Free), R. Ferdinand (Free), Caulker (8.5m), Mutch (5.5m), Fer (7m), Robinson (1m), McCarthy (2m), Sandro (6m) and Manning (?).

Outgoings with rough estimations on fees that I found across the Internet.

Gorkks (900k), Kenny (500k), Helguson (250k), Connolly (500k), Smith (350k), Samba (12.5m), Mackie (1.5m), Granero (4m), Simpson (2m), Remy (10.5m), Mutch (5.75m).

Totals (Rough)

In = 99 million
          Out = 39 million

Loss = 60 million.

Obviously we have made a number of loan signings but that won't really hurt the above loss figure by much.

Now let's add in the income from TV and league position from our two Premier League seasons.

Income 2011/12 = 43,262,087.00
          Income 2012/13 = 39,752,462.00

A parachute payment of 16,000,000.00 to help our Championship campaign also needs adding.

A rough total income of Total = 99,014,549.00 just from the above sources.

Add in a predicted TV Income for 2014/15 of 70-80 million.

Rough estimated total come May 2015 = 170-180 million.

170 million - 60 million loss on transfer fees = +110 million.

The big issue is the wages we pay, which is strictly down to the owners.

We also have some of the highest match day ticket prices in the country and you also have to take into account all other income revenue streams.

So, it turns out we haven't actually spent beyond our means on transfer fees. It's the complete mismanagement of contracts being handed out by our owners.

I thought these people were sensible businessmen?

Three and a half years on from the day they walked in, what's better? We're 180 million in debt, despite bringing in that amount in TV revenue alone. If you add in all other income streams it's actually unbelievable how we can rack up such an amount of debt in a short space of time.

The new training ground and stadium, three and a half years on, haven't even got planning permission and on the pitch, we're heading back to the Championship.

Seriously, what are these 'amazing' owners as the majority call them, doing? I'm struggling to see how these clowns could run a #### up in a brewery if I'm honest! I've never seen such bad business management, it's embarrassing and people who think everything is rosy, need to wake up quickly. All this talk of managers wasting all our money is laughable too. It looks like we're not going to spend a penny today, so effectively we've made a loss of 60 million over four seasons under this regime, which is in reality spending 15 million a season. It's the people behind the contracts that need shooting not the managers.

Have our managers got the best out of the signings? No, not by a long shot but that's a completely different argument. Spending 15 million a season, while spending three of those seasons in the Premier League is something yoyo clubs do and each time they become stronger and the club becomes more safe in terms of the future and is at a point where it can establish themselves in the top flight.

Will we be in a position to bounce straight back next season if we go down? Personally, I think we'll be lucky to stay up. Is our future safe? 180 million in debt, regardless of who it's owed too, doesn't suggest so. Do we look like establishing ourselves as a Premier League club? Far from it. The academy was one of the main priorities and Fernandes seemed ever so pleased with himself last week when doing his interview that we now have the right people in place. So it took three and a half years to get to that point?

So, what is the actual plan here because three and a half years on, all I see is a complete mess and excuses from people who have absolute no idea what's going on, from the staff to the owners.
          Apart from getting ####ed off about it Matty... and having a little too much time on your hands by the looks of things, what are you or anyone going to do about it?

You gona protest?... You gona call for the owners to fvck off and leave us in the sh1t even more.?... Its very all well laying out the facts and moaning about it but reality is no-one can do anything about it.

These people bought our football club.. They own it. They invested in it.. So for all the while they are here and for all the while they keep pumping in money, we have to get on with it and hope it turns around and gets better from top to bottom.

Slagging off a manager compared with slagging off the actual owners are two total different ball games which could have a DEVASTATING outcome for you, me, fans alike and Queens Park Rangers FC.
          Last edited by West London is Rss; 02-02-2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

To me the plan is OOC and if that goes #### up then they will be looking to get out ( hopefully I'm wrong)

TF seems to want to be liked and is trying to please everyone and says what the fans want to hear but there are nothing to back up his words and now people are finally seeing its action that matters not PR ########

If they are actually interested in the club then he should appoint a football CEO to run the football club when he is away , Mark Devlin would be a perfect fit in my eyes as he done a good job before and has done an excellent job at Brentford and is also a Rangers fan
            We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Apart from getting ####ed off about it Matty... and having a little too much time on your hands by the looks of things, what are you or anyone going to do about it?

You gona protest?... You gona call for the owners to fvck off and leave us in the sh1t even more.?... Its very all well laying out the facts and moaning about it but reality is no-one can do anything about it.

These people bought our football club.. They own it. They invested in it.. So for all the while they are here and for all the while they keep pumping in money, we have to get on with it and hope it turns around and gets better from top to bottom.

Slagging off a manager compared with slagging off the actual owners are two total different ball games which could have a DEVASTATING outcome for you, me, fans alike and Queens Park Rangers FC.
              I'd rather read a well thought out piece by someone with "too much time on their hands", as suppossed to the majority of asinine drivel that passes for debate on this site. I think the point he is making is that no-one can do anything about it. TF has dug a hole (in terms of ambitious plans and a revolving door for playing staff) that we can't escape from as long as he maintains control of the club.

Comment

You gona protest?... You gona call for the owners to fvck off and leave us in the sh1t even more.... Its very well laying out the facts and moaning about it but reality is no-one can do anything about it.

Slagging off a manager compared to the actual owners are two total different ball games which could have a DEVASTATING outcome for you, me and Queens Park Rangers FC.
                I care about Queens Park Rangers FC and you're right, I'm ####ed off, which is why I'm not burying my head in the sand and thinking everything is rosy. The club is a mess, it's as simple as that as that's why I posted it.

I have no problem with the club not spending money. I do have a problem with the apparent nonsense that comes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                  I'd rather read a well thought out piece by someone with "too much time on their hands", as suppossed to the majority of asinine drivel that passes for debate on this site. I think the point he is making is that no-one can do anything about it. TF has dug a hole that we can't escape from as long as he maintains control of the club.
                  A well thought piece which helps absolutely nothing at all... and potentially could make things worse.
                  If these owners leave, were in the sh1t even more so you wana keep shouting and stamping your feet then go for it but just remember you might not have a club at all should you shout loud enough... That's all im saying.
                  Last edited by West London is Rss; 02-02-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                    I care about Queens Park Rangers FC and you're right, I'm ####ed off, which is why I'm not burying my head in the sand and thinking everything is rosy. The club is a mess, it's as simple as that as that's why I posted it.

I have no problem with the club not spending money. I do have a problem with the nonsense that come with it.
                    I don't think anyone is burying their head in the sand and thinking its all rosy.. im just asking what you plan on doing about it if you are un-happy.. Will the shouting about it and stamping of feet eventually lead to protests?

Comment

Bucking the trend I think the club have made great strides on the training facilities and new ground. These are long term projects. If we get into a new ground within 10 years of TF & Co coming in will be a great achievement. Very complex process and we are some way into it. Training facilities hopefully within the next year or two and my back of a fag packet expectation was 5 years for that. These projects are far more important than if we stay up or not this year.

I can appreciate the frustration on wages etc but what choice do the club have? We are the bottom of any potential player's wish list. We have probably the smallest ground, poorest facilities and I doubt a very good reputation coaching wise given our lack of not only developing youth but of improving players we sign. We have had years of farces going back to the days of Gianni, not to mention the sometimes absurdity of the Tango and Cash days. The only way we can attract players is to pay over the odds and agree contract clauses we probably don't like ourselves.

The majority of the debt is owed to the owners. That if anything ties them in because if they leave will they get their money back? Probably get very little of it back. This is a long term project which is just very frustrating for us as fans at the moment because of how things are being mismanaged on the pitch.

The owners have brought in experienced and respected managers at this level and backed them. A sensible approach. Appoint people who understand the footballing part of the business and let them get on with it. That's what you do in business. Hasn't worked but can hardly argue with rationale of appointments. I'd love TF to get shot of Harry but respect his decision to go with stability this season. I hope he is right.

Comment

A well thought piece which helps absolutely nothing at all... which potentially could make things worse.
                        If these owners leave, were in the sh1t even more so you wana keep shouting and stamping your feet then go for it but just remember you might not have a club at all should you shout loud enough.
                        Is that the criteria that an article needs to reach in your mind....whether it helps or not? Lets' be real for a minute - We are in the sh*t whether they stay or not. Do you think Fernandes will pay £50m FFP fines, or own us if we are automtically relegated out of the FL? I don't think so. Anyway, who's to say that we wouldn't be sold to an owner who would make a far more successful go of it than Fernandes? He isn't the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                          Is that the criteria that an article needs to reach in your mind....whether it helps or not? Lets' be real for a minute - We are in the sh*t whether they stay or not. Do you think Fernandes will pay £50m FFP fines, or own us if we are automtically relegated out of the FL? I don't think so. Anyway, who's to say that we wouldn't be sold to an owner who would make a far more successful go of it than Fernandes? He isn't the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
                          In regards to ownership yes!! Stop giving me figures because most people don't need that to know how much money been lost... Just be careful for what you wish for is all i'm saying. These owners know first degree how much of a whole its burnt in their wallets.

Comment

In regards to ownership yes!! Stop giving me figures because most people don't need that to know how much money been lost... Just be careful for what you wish for is all i'm saying. These owners know first degree how much of a whole its burnt in their wallets.
                            No-one here has a duty to tickle TF's substantial tummy. The numbers don't lie, and he is the primary cause of it. I wish for an owner that is realistic in his ambitions, spends within his means and secures the long term viability of the club. TF has done none of those things.

Comment

You forgot the fifty million from nike.

Comment

Working...
                              X